DC / NY Blockbuster Trade Rumor

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by JoeSoccerFan, Nov 15, 2004.

1. JoeSoccerFan

JoeSoccerFan Member+

Aug 11, 2000
    Remember that you heard it here first. But the operative word in this thread is "Rumor".

I don't have a link because this information hasn't been published (I have unsuccessfully searched for confirmation). However, I have an acquaintance whose aunt's neighbor's son (believe it or not) works in the MetroScum front office.

According to this guy, the Scum know they have a plethora of holes to fill. So their first order is to fill their most glaring hole. I would have said defense, but you know how the Scum can't manage a dang thing.

So, they realize the ESC are withering on the vine without the leadership and motivation, so Nick (the idiot) has reached out for a trade for Rob (Red & Black). I too was shocked and astonished when I heard the news. While I would have just poo-pooed the whole idea, KP figured he couldn't lose by at least exploring the trade. KP was able to get Nick to agree that NY would get Rob while DCU would get Eddie Gavin, put Guevara in the Munsters remake movie, acquire all of the remaining Red MPF plastic derbies and for the Barra (a fully stocked bar and catering for all home games with Limo service). A quite interesting offer - if not unprecedented.

When Rob was approached by KP to consider it - essentially taking one for the team. His eloquent response was "F*** that, I'll never cheer for the scum", he snorted. Then, he subsequently fled the USA to Norway.

KP thinking that he could do the old-bait-and-switch considered sending Dave Brother (Vicky had already given her consent) but Dave has been on fire lately with the fried turkey. So KP countered with NattyBo - a young up-and-comer, possible ROY. Nick is not that stupid (believe it or not). Offering to trade NattyBo for all of the Red MPF plastic derbies - straight up.

OK, that's where we stand. If Rob doesn't come back from Norway, the original trade is off the board and NattyBo would be traded to NY.

I urge Rob to come back - and fight this move. This is the problem with the Single Entity Ownership. Don't forget to wish Natty well - but those hats are nifty.

:D

2. dale_wilster

dale_wilster Member

Jul 4, 2001
    Cochabamba, Bolivia
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    inside jokes are cool.

3. Sanguine

Sanguine Member

Jul 4, 2003
    Reston, VA
    I know we can find a way to get Natty under the cap...

4. Z010 Union

Z010 Union Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah right, Hanes can barely figure a way to keep guys the size of Natty Bo and me under a shirt.

5. Vicky V.

Vicky V. Member

Nov 8, 2004
    VA
    Now that's hilarious!!!

Rep coming your way....

:D

Vicky

6. mikedett

mikedett New Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Springfield, Va. USA
    Club:
    DC United
    Protected due to body ink :p

7. McOwen

McOwen Member

Jun 13, 2000
    Retirement Community
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    I will WALK if we trade Natty. United finally turns to the youth and now they want our best prospect?!?! :D

8. Sanguine

Sanguine Member

Jul 4, 2003
    Reston, VA
    I just got a call from Steven Goff. The Metro have offered to add Metal Mike to the deal if they get you and the Ghostbusters costume.

9. NattyBo

NattyBo Member+

Apr 30, 2004
    Nunya
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Why are the people in the deal always the last to know? :confused:

Anyhow, I guess Ill be pulling an early retirement if traded to NY :p

10. Dave Brother

Dave Brother New Member

Jun 10, 2001
    Alexandria
    If the bait and switch goes thru, I'll have to change my name from Dave Brother to Undercover Brutha. I'll pull up lame (go on the wagon :D ) and they'll have to release me. :D

Funny ass post!! You had my wife cracking up half the night! :)

11. Z010 Union

Z010 Union Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think you could feign an injury to your girth, that's how I got out of a trade to the Mutiny before they were contracted. Then I was sent back. Jaime did the same thing. ;)

12. beltwayrob

beltwayrob New Member

Jun 15, 2004
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Must spread more rep before giving to you again Joe, but damn that was good. We gotta be careful with so many Rob's in the Barra. :cool:

And under no circumstances can any member of the Barra be traded, but we could send the annoying smurf/clown guy that we all adore so much from KC. You know, the one with that rediculous looking wig on. they might like him in Scumland!