DC "fans" cheering Beckham goal?

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by capitalist, Aug 17, 2007.

1. capitalist

capitalist New Member

Nov 13, 2004
  2. AMERICANS SC

AMERICANS SC New Member

Feb 1, 2005
    Yeah and you're a communist...

3. ONE

ONE Member

Aug 11, 2000
    NOLA
    yyyyeah...all those DC fans.....at the Home Depot Center.....

4. capitalist

capitalist New Member

Nov 13, 2004
    There are only 2 or 3 that I can see. Still, why wear a DC jersey if you cheer for a Beckham goal?

5. nobletea

nobletea Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 29, 2004
    HarCo
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Seriously? Is anybody really worried about that?

But technically, all I saw was 3 blurry people wearing black shirts with white stripes, one of which was clearly not a DC United jersey.

6. AMERICANS SC

AMERICANS SC New Member

Feb 1, 2005

While there may be 2 or 3 people wearing dark adidas shirts, how that equates them to DC United fans I'll never know.

I don't see any DC United jerseys in the clip.

7. ONE

ONE Member

Aug 11, 2000
    NOLA
    i see one that might possibly (in that its black and adidas) be a DC jersey, and the person wearing it is taking a picture. not cheering.

you're on drugs son.

8. JoeSoccerFan

JoeSoccerFan Member+

Aug 11, 2000
    F' it - this guy is a tool! He's posted this in multiple forums. F' him. I originally posted something that I didn't see it, but this guy wants to start something. F'ing jerk. Twat

9. Andi the Hobbit

Andi the Hobbit New Member

Aug 17, 2007
    Nottingham. England.
    They're wearing the Real Madrid away strip. NOT the DC strip. Beckham played for Real Madrid last season, both strips are made by Adidas.

[​IMG]

This is the new Real away strip, the old one was similar. They were wearing the old one.

10. CrimsonChin00

CrimsonChin00 New Member

Aug 8, 2007
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dumb thread close it please

11. revelation

revelation Member+

Dec 17, 1998
    FC St. Pauli
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Wait, I came in this thread to see some disparaging! And this is all I get! Boo! I want a refund.

12. RedAndBlack

RedAndBlack New Member

Jun 28, 2007
    Maryland
    That was a big waste of time.

Of course I'm on BS so I shouldn't expect much better:D

13. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    Lot of stupid threads recently.

14. Gavinmgraham

Gavinmgraham New Member

Nov 8, 2005
    The Bar(ra Brava)
    Uh, yeah.
    So there's a pirate that walks in to a bar. He has a giant wooden boat steering wheel hanging off of his "johnson". So I ask him about it and he says "Arr. Drives me nuts".

15. Barbara

Barbara BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 29, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was watching Anthony Bourdain the other day. He was in Brazil and there was a shot of some guys in soccer jerseys. I was positive that one of them was a DC United jersey. Positive. Black, red trim, a shield-looking thing with letters at the top. It was only a partial shot of the shirt but I was sure.

So the next day I watched again, frame by frame and nope, it wasn't a DC United shirt. I just wanted to see it so I thought I did.

16. RedAndBlack

RedAndBlack New Member

Jun 28, 2007
    Maryland

Oh yea i got a better one.

So two guys walk into a bar, and the third one ducks!!!

Gay i know

17. JoeSoccerFan

JoeSoccerFan Member+

Aug 11, 2000
    almost, makes me miss you! Almost ;)

Now that's funny!

That's not...

18. BBBulldog

BBBulldog Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Dinamo Zagreb
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    Here's a truly heart-warming story about the bond formed between a little 5-year-old girl and some construction workers that makes you believe that we CAN make a difference when we give a child the gift of our time.

A young family moved into a house next door to a vacant lot. One day a construction crew turned up to start building a house on the empty lot. The young family's 5-year-old daughter naturally took an interest in all the activity going on next door and spent much of each day observing the workers.

Eventually the construction crew, all of them gems-in-the-rough, more or less adopted her as a kind of project "mascot". They chatted with her, let her sit with them while they had coffee and lunch breaks, and gave her little jobs to do here and there to make her feel important.

At the end of the first week they even presented her with a pay envelope containing a couple of dollars. The little girl took this home to her mother who said all the appropriate words of admiration, and suggested that they take the two dollar "pay" she had received to the bank the next day to start a savings account.

When they got to the bank, the teller was equally impressed, and asked the little girl how she had come by her very own pay check at such a young age.

The little girl proudly replied, "I worked last week with the crew building the house next door to us."

"My goodness gracious," said the teller, "and will you be working on the house again this week, too?"

The little girl replied, "I will if those assholes at Home Depot ever deliver the ********ing sheet rock..."

19. nobletea

nobletea Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 29, 2004
    HarCo
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE

I was in Middletown, NY a few weeks ago, and as I was going down the highway I saw a crop circle, and in the middle was a scarecrow wearing a DC United jersey.

20. JeremyEritrea

JeremyEritrea Member+

Jun 29, 2006
    Takoma Park, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  21. Bootsy Collins

Bootsy Collins Player of the Year

Oct 18, 2004
    Capitol Hill
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Once there was this woman with two adolescent children who had very poor manners. The worst aspect of their bad manners was cursing. They cursed constantly, at inappropriate times, over the tiniest thing. The mother encouraged them to stop, scolded them, but to no avail. Sometimes it seemed like every fourth word out of their mouths was obscene.

So finally, after some advice from friends who were parents, she decided that the only solution was corporal punishment. She lay awake in bed one night, steeling herself for the attitude she was going to present in the morning, and the response she was going to have to the behavior she knew was coming.

The following morning, as she began to prepare breakfast, her two sleepy-eyed children came into the kitchen.

"Well, what would you like for breakfast this morning?" the mother asked her daughter.

"Eh, I guess I'll take some of that fucking oatmeal," said her daughter, pointing to the oatmeal container on the counter.

Bang! Before the daughter could realize what was coming, her mother slapped her right across the face. As her daughter stared at her with wide eyes and a red check, the mother turned to her son and said "What about you? What do you want for breakfast?"

"Well, it sure as shit isn't going to be any of that fucking oatmeal!" said her son.

22. JoeSoccerFan

JoeSoccerFan Member+

Aug 11, 2000
    I can translate, while you may not be an idiot, your post doesn't persuade one from coming to that conclusion.

23. MagpieFan

MagpieFan Member+

Apr 25, 2004
    Back in DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Heh...my mom's a preschool teacher and comes across actual incidents like this sometimes. Some little 5 year old Pre-K kid comes in one morning, "Hey did you hear what happened to the lady who sat on the train tracks?"

"No, what happened?"

"She got killed by a ********in' train!"

There had been a news story about a woman who was struck by a train making the news rounds the previous day. Best they could figure was the kid picked up their mom or dad's comments about it. But it started off like an innocent kid's joke they way the kid was saying it.

24. roadkit

roadkit Greetings from the Fringe of Obscurity

Jul 2, 2003
    Fornax Cluster
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And there is oxygen in the air.

25. TheScarfMachine

May 1, 2007
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A Mom comes to visit her son John who’s living with a female roommate named Samantha. John’s mother doesn’t like the idea of her son living with a woman, as he’s in college and doesn’t need any distractions. To ease his mother’s worries, John invites her to stay for dinner.

During the course of the meal, his mother couldn’t help but notice how pretty John’s roommate was. She had long been suspicious of a relationship between the two and this had only made her more curious.

Over the course of the evening, while watching the two interact, she started to wonder if there was more between John and his roommate than met the eye. Reading his mom’s thoughts, John volunteered, “I know what your thinking Mom, but I assure you, Samantha and I are just roommates.”

About a week later, Samantha came to John saying, “Ever since your mother came to dinner, I’ve been unable to find the silver peanut butter jar. You don’t suppose she took it, do you?” John said, “Well, I doubt it, but I’ll email her, just to be sure.”

So he sat down and wrote:
    Dear Mother,

I’m not saying that you ‘did’ take the peanut butter jar from my house, I’m not saying that you ‘did not’ take the peanut butter jar. But the fact remains that it has been missing ever since you were here for dinner.

Love,
    John
    Several days later, John received an email from his Mother which read:
    Dear Son,

I’m not saying that you ‘do’ sleep with Samantha, and I’m not saying that you ‘do not’ sleep with Samantha. But the fact remains that if she was sleeping in her OWN bed, she would have found the peanut butter jar under her pillow…

Love,
    Mom