DC Defense--why so surprised?

Discussion in 'MLS: Clubs' started by B4united, Apr 15, 2007.

1. B4united

B4united New Member

May 24, 2001
    VA
    Namoff: Slower than molasses. No longer effective.

Boswell: Overrated. Better than average, but not as good as people think/say.

Erpen: About two feet too short to play in this league as a defender. Good for a few Agoos type mistakes every game. Signature move: The flying ninja scissor kick used when a defender has beaten him and a long ball is being sent over his two foot tall frame. When he misses this, he falls on his ass allowing the forward to jog to goal.

Perkins: Overrated: Better than average. Not so great.

Why did DC fall apart last year. Teams gained more possesion and exposed the weak defense. Early in the year the offense had possesion 90% of the time so the defense was irrelevant. I expected United to average close to 3 goals per game this year and give up 2 per game. I didn't realize how bad the defense was. Deny us possesion and we are screwed.

That said I think 2 of the goals don't happen last night without the rain. Two defenders fall on their ass. Two goals. And the deflected pass that lands at Johnson's feet for the third goal. Lucky as well. Gomez' goal wouldn't have happened either.

Chris