DC could host USOC 4th Round in Germantown

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by Atouk, Jul 14, 2005.

1. Atouk

Atouk BigSoccer Supporter

DC United
    Apr 16, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The US Soccer website story on last night's US Open Cup games now lists DC hosting a game against Ocean City at the Maryland SoccerPlex if Ocean City of the PDL can get past Richmond in the third round.
    The make-up date for last night's lightning-postponed Richmond/Ocean City match is 7/19:

2. Claymore

Claymore Member

Jul 9, 2000
    Montgomery Vlg, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OK, who else thought this team might be from OC Maryland?

3. NattyBo

NattyBo Member+

Apr 30, 2004
    Nunya
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  4. Sundevil9

Sundevil9 Member

Nov 23, 1999
    Reston, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There's an OC in MD? :p

5. NattyBo

NattyBo Member+

Apr 30, 2004
    Nunya
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    What? Ocean City, MD is THE Ocean City bro. :)

6. MattMathai

MattMathai BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 28, 2004
    Annapolis
    Am I missing a cultural reference, or was he not talking about Orange County?

7. dadman

dadman Yo soy un papa

DC United
    United States
    Apr 13, 2001
    Reston, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Could be. Though there is an Orange County in Virginia. (I think the place is lousy with Dutchmen. ;) )

August 3rd is a Wednesday. If the Barons get past the Kickers, I'll get the shuttle bus warmed up, Atouk...

8. BudWiser

BudWiser New Member

Jul 17, 2000
    Falls Church, VA
    I know I'm not the only one who would RATHER this game be played in Ocean City

For those not in the know, Ocean City is just a trashy vacation spot for wild folks to get wasted and do stupid things for entertainment like play one of the 10,000 miniature golf courses there. The city's population goes down I'm guessing about 80-90% in the winter. :D

9. BBBulldog

BBBulldog Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Dinamo Zagreb
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    uh if they don't get past we have to go to that shitehouse in Richmond again?

I might have to lob a rock at speakers this time :)

10. Claymore

Claymore Member

Jul 9, 2000
    Montgomery Vlg, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Come now, it's a wonderful place if you're into mullets, Harleys and air-brushed tshirts of you and your girlfriend/boyfriend. And throwing up on the boardwalk at 4AM...HON!!

You just can't say enough about a place where Burger King is considered fine dining.

11. BudWiser

BudWiser New Member

Jul 17, 2000
    Falls Church, VA
    You describe it better than I..........

You can eat from one of the 50 Candy Kitchen taffy places or one of the many pizza/funnel cake/hot dog/cotton candy kitchens on the Boardwalk with teen cooks who have never cooked before in their lives

If you want better than BK, go to one of the 30 Phillips seafood restaurants or outlets.

When you're there, check out homeless Jesus sandcastle-makers who collect coins thrown at their castle. At sunrise check out the hungover guys who get their heads shaven and money stolen when they passed out drunk on the boardwalk at 4AM (and hopefully won't wake up beaten up)

It's the trashiest, cheesiest, most tasteless, classless, loudest, and dumbest beach in that area. Hooters is considered an upper class restaurant you better get reservations. If you want class and more peace and quiet go North to a Deleware beach

But I digress........ :p

12. greenbill

greenbill New Member

Apr 30, 2003
    York, PA
    One time I went to the bar Secrets with about 10 friends. I got drunk and somehow lost everybody I came with. The place was so freakin huge that I couldn't find anyone I knew for about an hour. But I digress....

13. greenbill

greenbill New Member

Apr 30, 2003
    York, PA
    That one word gets you some rep! :)

14. MattMathai

MattMathai BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 28, 2004
    Annapolis
    And acceptable evening attire is defined as an "MR Ducks" t-shirt...

15. spidergoose

spidergoose Member

Nov 2, 2004
    Annapolis
    Club:
    DC United
    Was this the 80s metal mix I've heard something about the kickers playing, Srdan?

And stfu, I pay the rent to the city on that shitehouse stadium down there. :)

16. scruggs45

scruggs45 Member

Jun 25, 2003
    kp, va
    been there...done that...i have a feeling many more are in this club...

17. BBBulldog

BBBulldog Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Dinamo Zagreb
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    he wouldn't fvckin shut up whole game. :mad:

18. scruggs45

scruggs45 Member

Jun 25, 2003
    kp, va
    how many games had you been to before that one? i remember not knowing who that crazy guy with the long hair was...im up for the richmond trip again...we had a good time down there, well besides the game

i think rob came to richmond from va beach on his crazy forest tour last summer...5 matches in 7 days maybe? forest needs another us tour...

19. BBBulldog

BBBulldog Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Dinamo Zagreb
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    I think I went to 1 or 2 games before that came up, I didn't know anyone. I was still learning songs :D If it came up it would be my 9th away game in past year :D

Marsh thought I was some local redneck :(

20. GrillMaster

GrillMaster Member

Aug 31, 2000
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A molotov cocktail would be sweet on that gawd awful speaker assembly. Maybe MikeDett can figure out a way to short-circuit that fvcker. If not, we'll just have to establish our section at the other end of the pitch. I'd almost rather go to Richmond than trek out to Si-fvcking-beeria.

GM

21. BigKris

BigKris Member

Jan 17, 2005
    Falls Church, VA
    Hmmm... if it's in Richmond, I can get my company to pay for me to go down there that day and stay overnight... it's a "business trip" :)

If it's in Germantown, I'll have to drive back home that same night -- almost as far as Richmond :(

Either way, I'll be there!

22. Th4119

Th4119 Member

Jul 26, 2001
    Annandale, VA
    Will there be some little bastage with an air horn again?

:)

23. United_Caps_Fan

United_Caps_Fan New Member

Apr 25, 2004
    Alexandria,VA 134/35
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Im kinda hopin its up here. :D

24. spidergoose

spidergoose Member

Nov 2, 2004
    Annapolis
    Club:
    DC United
    c'moooooon be in Richmond :D The night before the game is 25¢ beer happy hour at Tiki Bob's Cantina... :D