David Moyes' personal message to me

Discussion in 'Everton' started by sarabella, Dec 2, 2004.

1. sarabella

sarabella BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 22, 2004
    UK
    hehe. I thought I'd post these from now on. They're always a good read.

Dear eSeasonTicket subscriber (I know he really meant to say "Sara" here),

We always knew that November was going to be a difficult month - with away matches at Chelsea, Birmingham City and Newcastle United - and so we are delighted to be approaching the final month of the year in 3rd position in the Premiership table.

Much was made of the fact that the Newcastle match was my 100th Premiership game in charge of Everton and whilst I am extremely proud to have reached that figure for such a magnificent club, I preferred afterwards to dwell on the actual outcome of the match.

To bring a draw back from St James' Park was a great achievement by the players. In the first half, Newcastle showed just what a formidable unit they can be on their home pitch and we had to work very hard not to concede a second goal before the break.

After the restart though, I felt that our own play was much more disciplined and cohesive and we scored a terrific equalizer through Lee Carsley. We then actually had a great chance to win it before the end but, to be fair, so did Newcastle, so I was happy with a point.

It's terrific for a club like ours to still be in the top three when so much is made of the amount of money others have at their disposal. Of course, every manager would love to have access to the sort of funds that Chelsea have got, but we know that they are a one-off and that we have to survive within our own resources.

I can't praise our players enough for the way they have not only lifted Everton into the top three, but also for the way they have sustained that excellent form to keep us there.

The Christmas period is traditionally the busiest time of the year for football and as the festive rush of fixtures descends upon us, this is when we need the backing of the supporters even more. You have all been first-class this season, as you have been since I first arrived at Goodison Park, and we need you all right behind us in every match as we strive to maintain the excellent start we have made to the season.

Best Wishes

David Moyes

2. Mel B

Mel B Red Card

Nov 10, 2004
    South Shields UK
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

Erm, sara, you lot were lucky to be in touching distance at the interval. NUFC should be beating Everton at home. Last time i went to Goodison, Rooney the winner. not to worry.

3. bford

bford Member

Houston Dynamo, Everton, USMNT
    Nov 30, 2004
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Glad to see your on such a personal level with David. (sorry about the mistake he made at the top with your name) Ask him who his top five targets are during the January transfer window. That would be awesome. Really thanks for posting the info. It's very inspiring.

bford

4. Mel B

Mel B Red Card

Nov 10, 2004
    South Shields UK
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

Eh what you on about fella. Try supporting a proper english team mate, not some 2nd rate scousers. Have a word with youself, and then come back with the answer. Ok bonny lad.

5. sarabella

Jun 22, 2004
    UK
    Leave the newbies alone, Mel. :D

6. Mel B

Mel B Red Card

Nov 10, 2004
    South Shields UK
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

:D :D He's from your forum, not to worry. ;)

7. Rocket

Rocket Member

Aug 29, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks for sharing the email with us, Sara. It just goes to show what a class act Moyes is and how lucky we are to have him here.

Unfortunately, I have a feeling that in a few years time we may lose him to ManUtd if/when Sir Alex retires.

8. Mel B

Mel B Red Card

Nov 10, 2004
    South Shields UK
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

Couldnt be further from the truth sonna. NUFC till i die.

9. sarabella

Jun 22, 2004
    UK
    Dear lord, I hope not. He's a major reason I'm so passionate about this team. If he defects to the dark side along with Judas, that may be the last straw for me.

10. Mel B

Mel B Red Card

Nov 10, 2004
    South Shields UK
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

Support a proper team like the Toon sara, you'll be respected more for it. Everton are shite, simple as. So, how do you fancy that game at St James' Park. Yeah or Neah.

11. sarabella

Jun 22, 2004
    UK
    Nah, I'll stick with my Blues, thanks. I've been to the bottom (near relegation) and now I want the top. Patience, my friend. It'll happen sometime before I die, I'm sure of it.

You talking about last weeks' game? If not, I'm confused. You offering?

12. Mel B

Mel B Red Card

Nov 10, 2004
    South Shields UK
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

So i take it thats a ' no ' then. :) Ah well, you can't blame a bloke for trying sara. :) Yeah i was talking about the daylight robbery at St James', how Everton walked away from our place with a point is beyond me. Of course i'm offering, sara. It's already booked. ;) Seriously, just say the word.

13. Tony Dellbird

Tony Dellbird English and Proud

Mar 26, 2004
    Jolly Ol' England
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    He's one of the 20 stone Toon Lard Lads, who walk to the game toplesswith NUFC tattood on his belly.

14. Mel B

Mel B Red Card

Nov 10, 2004
    South Shields UK
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

10 stone, sorry. See that lad under my user name, imagine him in 15 years time. Fat i dont think so nobber.

Aye, cause you scousers have nicked me top, harrased old grannies in the street, and going home with freshly pinched VCR's, Hi Fi's, Playstations, in fact you probs nicked my kitchen sink. :D :D :D

15. Tony Dellbird

Tony Dellbird English and Proud

Mar 26, 2004
    Jolly Ol' England
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Meh what would you rather? Get stuff for free or work your ass off like a mug to get the very same stuff! Not saying i nick things. But things for free are so much better.

16. Mel B

Mel B Red Card

Nov 10, 2004
    South Shields UK
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

Things free all my life. I'm thinking about buying an apartment on Newcastle Quayside, just over the road from Mr Hiltons hotel. Eh, how does that work. :D :D :D

17. Mel B

Mel B Red Card

Nov 10, 2004
    South Shields UK
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I just got some negative rep of this guy, saying get him out of our forum the muppet.

Right

Point Number 1. This is a football messege board
    Point number 2. I have paid a years subscription.
    Point number 3. You probs havent paid. :D
    Point Number 4. In the rules. Does it state that you have to keep to a certain football club. Doh.