Das Reboot and the Road to UEFA Nations League & EC2020

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by Ger90, Jun 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    I don't understand how you can supposedly survive an embarrassing group-exit in the WC and yesterday's humiliating historic loss. Something's wrong with the DFB :thumbsdown:

lamcam repped this.
  2. The Jitty Slitter

The Jitty Slitter Moderator
    Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    Typical from Bierbank.

They'll probably chuck Kroos and Dawg out of the team forever as the new scapegoats

3. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I wouldn't mind that too much tbh.

4. Dr Faust

Dr Faust Member+

Jul 12, 2010
    Germany
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    There's not really anyone who could/would fire Löw. Certainly not Bierhoff, who's part of the same internal team that has infiltrated the entirety of the DFB. Fritz Keller? He's probably still glad he recently got the job from his former Freiburg buddy Jogi.

During times of crisis in the past (end of the Vogts era, Ribbeck era, Daum debacle, relegation games 2001), a clear distinction between the actual board of directors and the coaching staff still existed. This doesn't really seem to be the case right now anymore. It's all about Bierhoff/Löw, with nobody else ever speaking up, taking an opposing standpoint or putting pressure on the coaching team from a higher up position.

Back then, there was also an external group of illustrious German football personalities like Beckenbauer, Hoeneß, Rummenigge, Calmund, Assauer, Netzer etc. who automatically attended to matters when the DFB was unable to solve any problems internally. This is also missing now. The aforementioned are either dead, too old, not part of the business anymore or they simply don't seem to care much about DFB matters these days. Their younger successors like Kahn, Völler(, Sammer) don't seem to care much either and are focused on their respective clubs. The only ones who offer critical input are former players turned pundits like Matthäus, Effenberg and Basler, but nobody takes them seriously because they don't have any official position and are also known to talk a lot of crap.

Thomsen, Ger90, lamcam and 2 others repped this.
  5. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I believe Lahm and Bierhoff are the only former NT players employed by the DFB at board level.

Bierhoff is a clown who only thinks about saving his own ass. Lahm is still pretty low on the ladder so has little influence, but has criticised Low's leadership techniques pretty recently (2018) which got the typical arrogant response.

6. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Neuer: Eliminated DFB trio "could help us" - only Messi with more assists than Müller National team captain Manuel Neuer (34) has campaigned for a return of the three Thomas Müller (31), Mats Hummels (31) and Jérôme Boateng (32) eliminated by national coach Joachim Löw.

"I do not want to highlight one of the three named: All players could basically help us, they have proven that often enough," said Neuer in an interview with "Sport Bild".

In addition, “none of the three, neither Thomas nor Mats nor Jérôme, ended their DFB career”. Neuer advocated waiting for the "development". Basically it is "but the decision of those responsible, the national coach".

Above all, a return from Müller is not only demanded because of his communication skills on the pitch. In the past two seasons, only Timo Werner (76) was directly involved in more goals than Müller (65). Last season only Lionel Messi (27) prepared more goals than Müller (26).

Blueberry_night repped this.
  7. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Neuer joining Müller, Hummels and Boateng on Don Jogi Löw's blacklist.....

Blueberry_night and Ger90 repped this.
  8. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    After the crisis meeting: Löw remains in office - DFB boss sees "will to correct impression"

After the clear 6-0 defeat in the Nations League against Spain, the German national team is apparently tackling their upcoming tasks with national coach Joachim Löw. As the "Bild" reported on Wednesday afternoon, the 60-year-old remains in office. That resulted in a 30-minute crisis meeting with the coach, national team manager Oliver Bierhoff, co-trainer Marcus Sorg and DFB President Fritz Keller after returning from Seville at Munich Airport. Neither a dismissal nor a resignation of Löw are an issue, reports the German press agency, citing "reliable sources".

Keller and Bierhoff had spoken of a one-time “blackout”, which would not mean a general failure, writes “Bild”. The contract of the world champion coach from 2014 runs until 2022. After the highest competitive game bankruptcy in DFB history, Löw said on ARD: “It was a pitch-black day. Nothing worked. It was bad in every respect. ”Manager Bierhoff backed him after the debacle.

DFB President Keller wants to continue upheaval with Löw
    DFB boss Keller wants to continue the course of upheaval that Löw has taken after the 0: 6. The 63-year-old explained that on Wednesday in a statement on the association's website, in which he did not, however, mention the national coach by name. Employee Fritz Keller F. Keller Age: 63 Germany Germany “We had a black evening in Seville that was painful. The spectators at home, me, the coach, the players. I was in the dressing room after the final whistle and felt everyone's utter disappointment. But also the will to correct this impression, ”said Keller after returning from Spain. With a view to the European Championship in the coming year, Keller concluded: “Our young team can grow from this severe setback if this game, in which not only heart and passion were missing, is thoroughly analyzed and the necessary conclusions are drawn from it. It has the potential. ”The challenge continues to be“ to form a strong team for the next three major tournaments: the European championship next year, the 2022 World Cup and the 2024 European Championship in their own country ”.

9. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    lol, Keller dfb President was Freiburg head honcho and Low is ex Freiburg player and used to be their all time scorer pre-Petersen. Low also always attends Freiburg matches.

obvious as daylight, some bias here.

10. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    I feel the same way about the German NT.

I just hope the Nations League and Euro are won by anyone but Spain

11. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    What a joke statement from Keller. Old boys network rules at the DFB it seems. No accountability.

And this young team bs needs to stop. The player pool is not that young nor lacking in top level experience. You could literally field a whole team of players with plenty of CL experience.

Thomsen and Blueberry_night repped this.
  12. Dr Faust

Dr Faust Member+

Jul 12, 2010
    Germany
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    In theory, I could see Lahm backstabbing Löw out of his job, but only if this would give Lahm any tactical advantage on his path to becoming, say, the first DFB president under the age of 40, or whatever his goals may be. If it prevents him from reaching his goals, he'll just hold his tongue forever.

Blueberry_night repped this.
  13. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    1328998183171743746 is not a valid tweet id

hava, Thomsen and Blueberry_night repped this.
  14. Aderthan

Aderthan Member+

Schwarz weiss essen
    Germany
    Nov 17, 2020
    It's the curse of the confed cup. Jogi becomes arrogant after he won it, IIRC he didn't bring a full squad(no replacement for demme, sane). Strangely enough, when it came to the formation; he played them to their strengths, their actual preferred position lol.

15. Blueberry_night

Blueberry_night Member+

Apr 5, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Sorry, could you bother explain to us? I really don't understand. There should be someone act as CEO in DFB right? Let say him name is Mr. Retard. Joachim Loew is the NT coach not the CEO right? So how come it is not possible for Mr. Retard to fire Loew? What it had to do with outside personality such as Beckenbauer previously and now Kahn? At the end of the day, the CEO aka Mr. Retard who need to sign the firing letter or whatever it is called. Beckenbauer cannot point the gun toward Mr. Retard head right?

To quote Denzel Washington in Philadelphia, explain to me like I'm a 2 years old. I really don't understand and would be very grateful if you could give us some brevity in this matter.

16. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    As never before in his tenure, Joachim Löw has come under fire.
    But according to SPORT1 information, the national coach can continue at least until the EM. "You have to ask others if I have to worry about my job." Said Joachim Löw at the press conference after the 6-0 shame of Sevilla. After 14 years in office, the national coach is under criticism like never before. After the game he attested to his team that they had no chance. For the bloodless appearance of his players, he struggled for the right words. Football Germany demands consequences.

But the result of several conversations since yesterday evening is according to SPORT1 information: The 6-0 debacle is being worked on internally. Löw will remain national coach until at least the EM 2021!

National team director Oliver Bierhoff, who at SPORT1 and the FAZ himself had put latent pressure to succeed on Löw at the beginning of the week, Löw jumped aside immediately after the final whistle. "The trust in Löw is completely there. Absolutely. This game doesn't change that," he said on ARD.

Keller with explanation on DFB website DFB President Keller confirmed the SPORT1 information on Wednesday afternoon with a statement on the DFB website: "We had a black evening in Seville yesterday that hurt. The spectators at home, me, the coach, the players. I was in the locker room after the final whistle and I felt everyone's extreme disappointment. But also the will to accept this impression correct, "said Keller. "Our young team can grow from this severe setback if this game, which was not only lacking heart and passion, is thoroughly analyzed and the necessary conclusions are drawn from it. It has the potential. We made a conscious decision to make the change with many new and young players with perspective. As you saw yesterday, this path can be the more rocky and also lead to painful defeats. " Even if everyone would have wished "a different way out of this difficult, up to then still successful international match year, our challenge continues to be to form a strong team for the next three major tournaments: the European Championship next year, the 2022 World Cup and the EM in their own country in 2024. " What would the alternatives to the vow of mourning have been?

Option 1: Löw's release Who could have fired Löw at all?
    In simple terms: The decision to dismiss Löw or even Bierhoff lies in the hands of the Presidential Committee, whose head is DFB President Keller. Represented on the committee are, among others, Dr. Rainer Koch, Peter Peters, Christian Seifert and Philipp Lahm. Likewise, Secretary General Dr. Friedrich Curtius, who is responsible for the national coach's contract. As director of the national team, Bierhoff has the right to propose appointments to the coaching position.

Option 2: Löw's resignation "Anyone who knows Jogi knows that even after successful tournaments he keeps asking himself whether he still has the strength and inspiration for this task," said Bierhoff in an interview with SPORT1. Löw looked perplexed and dejected after the 0: 6. He looked almost rigid on the bench. One thing is clear: the national coach is not left with the ongoing criticism without a trace. Nevertheless, he always remains respectful and answers every critical question. Löw has so far been determined to continue the upheaval and accompany the team as national coach at the EM, which has been postponed by a year. Hardly anyone believes that he will fulfill his contract up to and including the World Cup in Qatar in 2022. Löw's withdrawal in 2021 is obvious.

It will be option 3: Löw can go on!
    That is the result of the talks since Tuesday evening. Above all, Löw has the support of Bierhoff, who wants to stand by his words, and Keller. On Sunday, well before the unforeseeable downfall against Spain, Bierhoff had already stated at SPORT1: "I am convinced that he is the best national coach we can have (...) I am still convinced that he is the right man is. "

In addition, the question of the alternative would have arisen: Hansi Flick, Julian Nagelsmann and Jürgen Klopp are all under contract in clubs. Ralf Rangnick would be available and, according to SPORT1 information, also has advocates within the association. As a revolutionary, it might not fit into the current DFB structures. U21 coach Stefan Kuntz also has a wide range of supporters behind him, but then you would have to find a successor for Kuntz. New in the race as Löw's successor is Thomas Tuchel, whose contract with Paris Saint-Germain will expire in 2021 and will probably not be extended.

17. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I think issue with Rangnick is he likes pet projects. Would likely try to mold dfb to fit himself.

hmmm not too sure about Tuchel for dfb...

18. Blueberry_night

Blueberry_night Member+

Apr 5, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    I could get a stroke reading this. I think I agree with ShadowX, maybe I should refrain from following NT until Loew gone.

Ger90 repped this.
  19. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #7619 Alex C, Nov 18, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2020
    Since Beckenbauer stood down after winning Italia 90 WC and the NT reunified no coach has ever been directly fired.

Vogts (who won the Euro 96 title) resigned amidst much public pressure two months after the 0-3 defeat to Croatia in France 98 and 2 poor performances v Malta and Romania in the aftermath having initially indicated he wished to rebuild for Euro 2000.

Ribbeck quit straight after the Group stage exit at Euro 2000.

Voller (who took the team to Korea/Japan WC final) quit straight after group stage elimination at Euro 2004.

Klinsmann decided not to renew his contract after making home WC SF in 2006.

So basically the DFB in its present form has NEVER fired a coach, but previous coaches have all had the integrity to resign after poor tournaments.

20. saj7866

saj7866 Member+

Dortmund
    Germany
    May 10, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    This is pathetic, the guy has no credibility left, and the Muppets who refuse to sack him are just culpable

Thomsen, Blueberry_night and Ger90 repped this.
  21. Dr Faust

Dr Faust Member+

Jul 12, 2010
    Germany
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Mr. and Mrs. Retard are indeed part of the DFB. Their names are Fritz Keller (not to be confused with Fritzl's Keller) and Oliver Bierhoff. There is also a presidential board (= several very evil men you never would want to meet), known as les messieurs retards. Jogi and Oli are also part of this board. Some of these people -> COULD <- fire Jogi Löw, but they don't want to. Because they're very, very (very) good friends of his. They love him and he loves them. They sometimes have dinner together or sleep on the same couch while watching the Germany - Brazil game at the 2014 World Cup, after which they love him even more.

In the past, there were some other people, such as Fronz and Uli, who weren't part of this group. They were however appointed to form a so-called task force to resolve problems the DFB was too stupid to solve themselves, which happened quite a few times. Right now, such outside help does not exist! We have to put our trust in Fritz and Oli and are therefore lost. :((((((

Alex C and Blueberry_night repped this.
  22. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    and Low turns ship around and wins Euro, lmao.

reported you all to my overlord Low. Too much treason here....

23. Blueberry_night

Blueberry_night Member+

Apr 5, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Reading Keller statement regarding YOUNG players made my blood boiled. I could punch him on the face and kick him on his dick if I met him. Had he no shame at all?

Neuer, Ginter, Max, Kroos, Gundogan young? Really??? Even Werner, Leon, Sule, Gnabry already 25.

Let see the ages of Spanish players. Dani Olmo, Unai Simon, Pau Torres and Ferran Torres younger than any of our starter. Fabian Ruiz & Rodrigo all younger than Werner, Leon, Sule, Gnabry. They only have Sergio Ramos above 30

Alex C repped this.
  24. Blueberry_night

Blueberry_night Member+

Apr 5, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Amazing explanation. Thanks for this. Okay, I understand pretty much the situation. So it means we need to stick with Loew until 2021.

Anyone want to bet with me even if we ends up dead last at EC 2021, Loew still want to continue through 2024???

25. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    after his hat trick, media already annoiting Ferran Torres a superstar, lol. They surely love annoiting Spaniards.:ROFLMAO: