Das Reboot and the Road to UEFA Nations League & EC2020

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by Ger90, Jun 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nekkibasara

nekkibasara Member+

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    No one knows. He hasn’t coached since 2003.

Rosebud and Ger90 repped this.
  2. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I think Low needs to go but the biggest issue is I feel like we won't really find anyone good until after EC2020.

so if we can't manage to snag anyone good. We are forced to go for a temporary coach that likely won't last more than 2 years.

who knows, maybe the dfb find no one and decide to keep Low another 2 years........:cautious:

3. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Joachim Low: "This WC disaster cannot be blamed on me. How do you expect me to beat curses? I'm not a magician."

"When the last 3 European World Champions got eliminated in the subsequent WC in the GS and the fact that no CC champ won the WC the following year."

"All I can hope is that there is no curses on trying to rebuild teams."

4. Berchtesgaden

Berchtesgaden Member+

May 18, 2011
    Milwaukee
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Are you kidding me?! Tell me you made this quote up. Please

The coach is responsible for everything his team does or fails to do. Period full stop

Low raus!

Rosebud, nekkibasara and Ger90 repped this.
  5. saj7866

saj7866 Member+

Dortmund
    Germany
    May 10, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    So basically he's not going anywhere, draxler celebrating already

6. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    lol, I was just joking and taking a jab at our failure of a coach.

7. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #57 Ger90, Jun 27, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2018
    I do hope that all the young guys like Sule, Kimmich, Brandt, Werner, Goretzka, even Sane, Gnabry and Tah come back stronger in the next 2 years and reach new heights.

their WC failure and failure to make the final squad could motivate them even more. Besides these guys can all still be very useful for a rebuild.

Rosebud, nekkibasara and Minttunator repped this.
  8. Minttunator

Minttunator Member

Oct 4, 2010
    Estonia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I recall Hummels saying that he was planning to retire from the NT after the WM but I really have a soft spot for the handsome devil and I wouldn't mind him sticking around until at least the EM! :p

9. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Magath is available

[​IMG]

Rosebud and rantanplan repped this.
  10. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Lol this dude sounding even funnier than our manager.
    Shin Taeyong imitating Loew but now Loew is imitating Shin LOL.

Ger90 repped this.
  11. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    REINHARD GRINDEL: Everyone who is part of the DFB delegation here in Russia is thoroughly disappointed. I feel sorry for the fans who have been looking forward to this World Cup so much. It’s not the job of the president to analyse what went wrong - that’s not my place. That’s what the management is for. It’s up to them to explain what happened and we will draw our consequences from that. We always knew that there would be a rebuilding phase after this World Cup, regardless of how well it went. The presidential board and I have always felt that Joachim Löw is the right person to do that. That isn’t necessarily because of his success in 2014, but more because of what he did with a young team at the 2017 Confed Cup. That’s why we decided to extend his contract until 2022 before the tournament. I am still of that opinion and haven’t heard anything different from any other member of the presidential board.

pretty much sounds like Low unless he resigns will not get fired. And seems like Low takes full blame even said one of the 1st things to do is to analyze himself as coach as that's where it starts.

Minttunator repped this.
  12. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    So what you're saying is he's exactly what the dfb look for in a candidate?

And by the time the Klopp era is over the job will be so prestigious that Tuchel, Nagelsmann and whoever of their caliber comes next will all be fighting one another to replace him!

Ah daydreams, how I enjoy ye when reality offers me only the crotch-sniffing nosepicker

nekkibasara repped this.
  13. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    maybe thats why Germany lost, I didn't see Low do it once all WC.

it's his ritual during matches!:D

nekkibasara repped this.
  14. dips82

dips82 Member+

Oct 11, 2013
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Supporting this team since 1990....was a 3rd grader then and now my son goes to 3rd grade....have seen the best and today saw the worst....I hope will see better days again...
    FOREVER DEUTSCHLAND!!

15. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    So it seems that 2014 was the outlier carried by a generation of very talented players coupled with the right amount of leaders and team players on the field. By contrast, this team didn't feel right from the first game. Besides the importance of formations and putting players in a position to excel, there was also something about the player/team composition that didn't feel right.

I had no expectations going into the 2014 WC because for me, it was over before the first game by only taking old Klose (bless him) as a real striker. After the WC win, I thought Löw clearly must have done something right.
    But I've joked about it before, Mustafi might have been the MVP by getting injured which almost forced the use of a more sensible formation. Among other things, using the perhaps best RB in the world where he belongs.

nekkibasara, Minttunator and Ger90 repped this.
  16. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    It just pisses me off that everyone’s happy with Germany being out and rubs it in knowing it’s ten times worse for Germany to go out because they are Germany

Sweden saying it’s «karma»... how the f*** is it karma against a whole nation because one German provoked Sweden after the SWEGER game??

At the end of the day Germany was poor, not awful
    Nothing went their way if you leave out the kamikaze tactics by Löw

- at least not being able to draw against Mexico after those chances in the 2nd half
    - Sweden beating Mexico, doing their best game — why the hell couldn’t Mexico just win??
    - Yes Germany gave away some chances against South Korea but at the end of the day it’s pure luck that Korea got their first goal lol
    - why the hell did Korea have to give away penalties to Sweden and Mexico...?

Yes I’m bitter and I’m pissed that nothing went Germany’s way this group stage, but at the end of the day Germany lost because they MESSED up (Löw)

Alex C, Minttunator and Ger90 repped this.
  17. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    you can never put Germany down, never.
    we always rise up and it's no different now!

and let the haters keep hating.

the talent coming through the pipeline is a good indicator that we aren't on the downwards like Italy have been just that we are likely headed towards transition.

Minttunator repped this.
  18. Berchtesgaden

Berchtesgaden Member+

May 18, 2011
    Milwaukee
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Don’t worry about others being happy we are out it just comes with being the best.

Worry about it when failing to get out of group isn’t a topic of discussion!

Rosebud, Ger90 and nekkibasara repped this.
  19. nekkibasara

nekkibasara Member+

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Every tournament under Löw has been the same. Bad tactics, wrong decisions on team selection and lineups. Only this time he wasn’t saved by talent and luck.

20. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    that's what's frustrating, had we had another coach.

we likely would have dominated as much as Spain. Instead we only got 1 WC and 1 minor trophy.

I hope Low is the last time an assistant coach becomes coach. We need to hire real experienced coaches moving forward and guys who know what they are doing.

Low would have been a disaster if the transition from 2004-onwards didn't succeed.

Rosebud repped this.
  21. nekkibasara

nekkibasara Member+

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Lucky for him he was right in the middle of a fantastic generation of german players, and our traditional rivals (france, italy, Netherlands, and Brazil) sucking.

22. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    List to do:

- build up the team Germany really is
    - get rid of some players and integrate some new ones
    - new coach or brainwash Löw to give some common sense
    - get more clinical in front of goal

and no Hummels, Boateng, Rüdiger and Süle are not bad CB’s, they are some of the best in the world
    every CB out there would’ve looked bad playing for a team with an almost non existent midfield in front of them

Rosebud, Minttunator, Alex C and 2 others repped this.
  23. nekkibasara

nekkibasara Member+

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I’ve been saying this for years. Our CBs are the best in the world. Any cb is going to look poor and slow when they have to play 2v3 at the halfway line against quick attackers.

Fussballer, Rosebud, hava and 3 others repped this.
  24. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    for the 1st point, saw so many people say they never saw Germany in those 3 games. Everything that makes Germany Germany was non-existent. We lost our identity at this WC.

adding
    -working with clubs to improve youth dev and reforms for the youth teams.

Thomsen and nekkibasara repped this.
  25. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    I don’t know how many of you have/are played/playing football but I have
    not as a CB but I’m staying behind on corners as a FB
    when someone counter you and you realize that you for some reasons haven’t been able to mark the players ready to counter against you, the only thing you can do is to run backwards and wait for support while focusing on the ball
    THIS is incredible hard in football, because you can’t lunge into the defender without winning the ball then, if you do and don’t, there’s a 1v1 situation against the goalie (or your partner have to defend against multiple
    people at the same time)
    if you know how to defend, you’ll wait on the attacking player to do his move, then try to win the ball because it’s fairly predictable for the opposition to get past you if you try to win those balls first

So I think Hummels and co did not do a halfbad job
    the only time they got countered and it resulted in a goal was against Mexico

Alex C, Ger90 and nekkibasara repped this.