Darwin Núñez #27

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by SamScouse, Jun 10, 2022.

1. Samarkand

Samarkand Member+

May 28, 2001
    Yes, I’m sensing the same Satanic influences at work also. Good catch. :p

2. Red Bird

Red Bird Member+

Sep 30, 2003
    Oxford
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Don’t worry— just follow the priority of operations when doing algebra.

3. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    wouldn't mind but I used to like algebra. :)

4. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    where TF is the announcement !!

5. delaynomo

delaynomo Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Tba + WtFK = 15/6 ?

Red Bird repped this.
  6. bayern is god

bayern is god Member+

May 26, 2007
    india
  7. bayred

bayred Member+

Liverpool FC
    United States
    May 28, 2018
    Moving to trig, was this a sine or did we need a cosine?

8. bayern is god

bayern is god Member+

May 26, 2007
    india
  9. Red Bird

Red Bird Member+

Sep 30, 2003
    Oxford
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Going off at a tangent, now.

10. bayred

bayred Member+

Liverpool FC
    United States
    May 28, 2018
    Acute comment, for sure.

11. bayred

bayred Member+

Liverpool FC
    United States
    May 28, 2018
    Whatever the math, welcome Darwin! You look like a real predator.

12. delaynomo

delaynomo Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
  13. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  14. delaynomo

delaynomo Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Need to change title to #27!

15. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    sorry, your formula is proven to be totally incorrect.

delaynomo repped this.
  16. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Of his potential club record arrival, the 22-year-old said: "I’m really happy and delighted to be here at Liverpool. It’s a massive club. I’ve played against Liverpool and I’ve seen them in lots of games in the Champions League, and it’s my style of play. There are some great players here and I think it’s going to suit my style of play here.

"It's great for any player that a manager can improve and polish you as a player, and I think that Klopp is going to help me hugely. I think the players themselves - like Firmino and the other experienced players - are going to help me greatly too. It will be great that Klopp can show me lots more things.

"There are some top, top players here with great qualities. There is Firmino, who's a great player, and then Jota, who is another great striker. Luis Diaz, Salah. To play alongside these 'monsters' is going to be something really special for me, because as a kid you dream of going far and I dreamt of being able to play in Europe, but I didn't expect to get as far as a great club like Liverpool.

"There'll be a lot of competition between the forwards here, but it will be healthy competition. I'm still only 22 and I've got lots that I can still learn, and this is a brand new experience for me."

Of his outing at Anfield in March, Nunez added: "It was a spectacular experience seeing what the fans are like in the stadium. It's an incredible atmosphere. I think Liverpool have got absolutely everything - good players and supporters who really help the team at certain points in the game. "Playing there was an incredible experience and at that moment, I said to myself 'It must be great to actually play here'. And now I'm here for real and I'm grateful to the fans and the club for giving me this fantastic opportunity."

On being shown around the AXA Training Centre for the first time, Nunez admits being taken aback by the amount of silverware won by Liverpool and vowed to add "a lot of trophies" during his Anfield career.

“When I arrived at the training ground, I was really surprised to see the set-up and the structure and all the trophies here,” said the Uruguay international. “You can then imagine yourself winning more trophies and then later on when you come here again and see the trophies on display, you can say ‘Look, I was a part of that, I was there at that time, winning trophies.’

“That’s one of the reasons why I came here to Liverpool – to win trophies and titles. I want to win a lot of trophies at Liverpool.”

Nunez, speaking to liverpoolfc.com, added: “I’d like to thank my partner and my parents and my son, who is a real source of pride for me. They’ve been really important to me in the stages in my career. I’m really proud of them, and for the work we do, me and my partner, as a team and I’m grateful to her that I’m here.

“It’s a pleasure to be here in Liverpool and I’m very happy to be a part of this great club."

Deep Pal, bayred and speker repped this.
  17. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp said Nunez is a "wonderful" footballer with "so much potential to get even better".

"That's why it's so exciting. His age, his desire, his hunger to be even better than he currently is and his belief in our project and what we are looking to do as a club," added the German.

"He thinks we suit him and we believe he is the right fit for us - so let's do it."

Klopp, who signed a contract extension with the club earlier this year, believes Nunez has all the attributes Liverpool needed.

"He can set a tempo, he brings energy, he can threaten space from central and wide areas. He is aggressive and dynamic with his movement," said the Reds boss.

"He plays without fear, he's powerful, I know he will excite our supporters."

But Klopp also warned: "It's important we all recognise we are getting a 'work in progress' with Darwin - he recognises that himself. I love how much focus and humility he has.

"We have wonderful attacking options already and he becomes part of that now. So there is no pressure on him at all. He signs for a very long time and we intend to nurture his talent and see it grow."

Deep Pal repped this.
  18. speker

speker Member+

May 16, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nunez chose #LFC despite bigger contract offer from Manchester United, and Liverpool moved swiftly to agree terms with Benfica with an exclusivity agreement which couldn't be gazumped by United.(Dave <Maddock)

bayred and SamScouse repped this.
  19. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    shirt number is 27 *

* FAO lazy bloody mods. :rolleyes:

20. bayred

bayred Member+

Liverpool FC
    United States
    May 28, 2018
    Some astronaut on the united thread claiming he is overpriced at our deal level.

21. bayred

bayred Member+

Liverpool FC
    United States
    May 28, 2018
    My calculator actually came up with 26.465

SamScouse repped this.
  22. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney