Daniel Lovitz

Discussion in 'USA Men: News & Analysis' started by sXeWesley, Nov 20, 2019.

1. glutton4Bolts

glutton4Bolts Member+

United States
    Mar 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think this is somewhat harsh... and doesn't really mesh with what I have seen from him at Newcastle. I actually think his weakness lies in defending the cross rather than serving it up himself. He has also been on a pretty poor offensive team for the last couple of years... so that might have a bit more to do with his lack of assist numbers. He is certainly no Trent Alexander Arnold... but I have seen some decent runs and services over the last season or two.

Mario Balotelli and 007Spartan repped this.
  2. Eleven Bravo

Eleven Bravo Member+

Atlanta United
    United States
    Jul 3, 2004
    SC
    Club:
    Atlanta Silverbacks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Plus the fact there are some other legitimate options...

I mean, I remember Suckstein was always good for a bonehead play, but he also had his times when he stood up Messi and held his own too. Add that there really wasn’t much else besides him.

Compare that to Lovdixz who I’m sure wouldn’t even be a soccer player anymore had it not been for Berhalter giving him enough recognition that an expansion team decided to take a stab at him.

3. russ

russ Member+

Feb 26, 1999
    Canton,NY
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Worst ever Nat tho?
    It's like no one remembers Ted Eck.

4. Black Tide

Black Tide Member+

Mar 8, 2007
    the 8th Dimension
    I mean he at lease scored on East Germany for the Nats. Lovitz hasn't anything worth while.

russ repped this.
  5. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He even played emergency keeper once. I think I saw him at forward in a pre-season game in Austin a few years ago. Hollingshead improved a lot this year. Not sure whether it was mostly playing one position or Luchi ball. As for two-footedness I think FCD must work on that a lot because Pomykal, Ferreira, Servania and Pepi seem pretty two-footed also. Cannon might be but since he's usually on the right sideline I can't say for sure.