Dallas Reds?

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by bigtoga, Sep 19, 2003.

1. bigtoga

bigtoga Member

Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas, Texas
    So the Arsenal folks are getting together at Trinity Hall to watch the game (http://www.trinityhall.tv/eupdate.htm) and I'm thinking that I'll be the only fan of a real team there ;)

Anyone on the boards live in Dallas and, if so, is there a Man Utd spot here in the city?

2. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You could call this place and ask:

The Londoner
    14930 Midway Road
    Addisson, TX 75001

You might approach these lads and see if they are "friendly" with any local United clubs or know where any other places to see the games with other fans as well: www.dallasceltic.com

3. MikeyM

MikeyM New Member

Jan 4, 2002
    Frisco, TX.
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Bigtoga

I live in Frisco. As of this time, I don't know of any place. I end up having to watch the games around my daughter's games. Unfortunately this week falls in that category. If you come up with a place, let me know.

4. ferrari77

ferrari77 Member

May 23, 2002
    Everywhere
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    yeah mate, i'm a dallas red if i may call it that. i'm in irving but i usually watch the matches at a mates place, but he's moved to nashville, so i'll have to find another place, i was thinking of trying trinity hall and i've heard good things of the londoner.

5. bigtoga

bigtoga Member

Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas, Texas
    I called the Londoner the other day to see if they were showing the Man Utd-Panathanikos game and the lady basically told me that if it wasn't on FSW or ESPN, they weren't going to show it. And she wasn't to nice either... I have a sneaking suspicion she must have been an Arsenal fan and was bent out of shape after Portsmouth nearly beat the *&% out of them...

6. bigtoga

bigtoga Member

Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas, Texas
    Did you make it, Ferrarri? I was there - I was sitting with the Arsenal fans giving them hell. I was (I think) the only one in the whole bar singing...

Oh, and you might have noticed my cane too (sprained ankle) lol

That's a fun spot - I'll definately go back as the owner had a Man Utd shirt on!

7. ferrari77

ferrari77 Member

May 23, 2002
    Everywhere
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    man i had a crazy night, a nice chica up in my school and some liquor messed me up and i didnt wake up till 1pm so i missed the match. it was cool, i shoulda been there but i had a comforting feeling that the gooners wouldnt pull anything out of the game. how was the atmosphere out there mate.

8. bigtoga

bigtoga Member

Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas, Texas
    lol - I woulda rather been in your place than in a room half full of Arse fans!

The atmosphere was fun - there was probably about 50-80 people there split down the middle. I imagine it will improve throughout the year. The owner spoke before the match and said that they will have a match every Sat. Sun. thru May. He also said they will show all the UEFA CL matches in January+.

I'll definately go again - good menu, good food, good atmosphere.

9. ferrari77

ferrari77 Member

May 23, 2002
    Everywhere
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    damn thats pretty wicked. all the CL matches from january, seemed like a decent crowd albeit supporting the arse. i've gotta head down there.