Daily Diets

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by soccer4life_7, Apr 14, 2004.

1. soccer4life_7

soccer4life_7 Member

Mar 2, 2004
    Canada
    what does your diet consist of .. i would like to know caus i want one lol .... tell meh what you eat, how it helps your game..

(ps. plz don put n thing like coke n chips lol :) )

2. Callump

Callump New Member

Mar 14, 2004
    Orlando, Florida
    i have a coke, doritos or something like that for lunch. i come home eat like crackers and have some juice. and have whatever for dinner. Its a terrible diet but i run a lot at practice so i burn it all off.

3. snsj4

snsj4 New Member

Oct 3, 2001
    O.C. ,California
    I'm 16 years-old and I've gathered some info from previous post about diets. Tell me what you think bout my diet. Just started doing going on this diet. For Breakfast I drink a bottle of Nouriche Lite yougurt/smoothy. All during school I don't eat anything, but if starving I'll eat fruit. When I get back home
    I make my self a chicken salad. Which consist of Boneless SKinless Chicken Breast I put it in boiling water and add salt, pepper, half a onion spilt in 2, and 4 sticks of cerely into the pot. With my chicken I eat salad which consists of Lettuce and tomatoes. I eat it the meal right when I get back from school and another later in the evening for dinner. if I'm starving again I'll eat fruit. When I'm thirsty all I drink is water. The thing is I don't know if this diet is good. If I'm doing something wrong please do so. I don't have the workouts down. Cause I don't know what to do, I've been thinking 1 day cardio another wieght lifting. But I don't know how much to do. Someone please correct my diet plan if I'm doing something wrong. And I don't know what to do for workouts, its off season.

4. N-30

N-30 Red Card

Mar 23, 2004
    Sunland
    That's how I do it:

Breakfast: big cup of milk and three eggs with some bread. Around 10:30 a.m. I eat a light meal, some fruits but not too much so I can keep some space for lunch.

Lunch: I eat steak or chicken salad or any decent meal that have alot of protein. Around 4 I'll drink some Gatorade with some roasted honey cashew since honey and Gatorade provide the body with energy and I head to my practice and oh yea, if sex is available take some of it before the game or practice... trust me it helps. When practice is over... I'll come home and eat a decent dinner. And that's about it.

5. Keep87

Keep87 New Member

Apr 24, 2003
    North Carolina
    Are you trying to lose weight or something? At your age I really don't think you should be starving your-self like that...

6. snsj4

snsj4 New Member

Oct 3, 2001
    O.C. ,California
    yeah I'm trying to lose wieght. My goal it to get a cut body to improve my performance on the field. I just don't know how to work out.

7. Sky_

Sky_ New Member

Mar 29, 2004
    snsj4 unless you are severly overweight, I think you need LOTS more carbs in that diet, that is, if you play soccer alot.

8. elainemichelle

elainemichelle New Member

Jul 20, 2002
    Advice from BS's resident 16 yr old:

Yeah you are DEFINITELY going about it wrong. Just start lifting weights (ask someone who knows what they're talking about for this b/c I have this huge thing against going to the gym) and you'll pick up some extra muscle mass (yes, you will end up weighing more but it's not a bad thing).

Try to grab from every food group for three meals a day. DO NOT SKIP MEALS EVER. It's completely okay to cut out snacks but if you're out playing soccer a lot you can basically eat whatever you want and get away with it. It'd be a good idea (if you want to go all health concious) to cut out processed sugars and such. (This is where I start hating the Atkins diet) Eat lots of fruits and vegetables.

Food pyramid. It's not completely evil but it's not completely good either.

The basic idea is just to eat healthy and try to avoid too much fat (you need some) and too much sugar (you deserve some). And you DEFINITELY need more carbs.

Any questions, just PM me as I try to avoid this little corner of BS.

9. achyx

achyx New Member

Apr 16, 2004
    UK
    the thing is for a diet for a regular teen is that you just have to be careful about what you eat.. moderation is pretty much the key..

for breakfast i usually have a sausage bun with some fruit and water.. that's pretty much enough to get me through till around 12-12.30 when i grab some more fruit like watermelon or honey dew.. for lunch i usually have something healthy like maybe pasta with salad or anything.. i never ever drink any can drinks, like coke or sprite or whatever, but only water :) and for dinner i have usually rice with chicken or vegetables.. i try not to miss meals but it's come to the point where i try to cut down all the unhealthy stuff out of my diet.. and it's been like this for a year or so.. and you can definitely see the improvements on the pitch.. i swim everyday for an hour and a half and my stamina and bursts of speed are definietly more noticeable.. remember that the occasional meal of burgers and fries aren't necessarily bad for you, because you can't really cut it all out from your life :)

10. elainemichelle

Jul 20, 2002
    Well we're teens who get a lot more exercise than most other kids our age. That makes us not regular teens. Our bodies need a lot more to keep up with what we do than that of a kid who only plays video games. We don't have to as careful as far as moderation goes b/c we burn off what we consume. We just have to be more careful with WHAT we choose to eat.

Sounds good. How old are you though?

11. achyx

achyx New Member

Apr 16, 2004
    UK
    14.. 15 next sunday :)

12. elainemichelle

Jul 20, 2002
    I'd add another carb or two in that case. I'd add a normal dessert a couple days a week b/c there will come a day when we are back in diapers and will no longer be able to eat anything that isn't good for us.

13. Sky_

Sky_ New Member

Mar 29, 2004
    The Atkins diet... heh, yeah it works alright, but, IMUO (in my useless opinion), I feel it's best for severly overweight people, like people who weigh over 200 lbs and have their BMI at 28+. That's where it is really useful and starts cutting weight like hot knife through butter, IMO much faster than regular cardio+diet.

14. japes10

japes10 New Member

Mar 2, 2004
    toronto ont.
    just eat whatever you want cuz your gonna burn it off at practise. who cares what you eat as long as you dont eat like a pig befor practise and a game.

15. soccer4life_7

soccer4life_7 Member

Mar 2, 2004
    Canada
    lol but to much junk is no good.

16. japes10

japes10 New Member

Mar 2, 2004
    toronto ont.
    lol your discusting...i didnt say to eat garbage all the the time but if you feel like eating mac donalds then just eat it.

17. soccer4life_7

soccer4life_7 Member

Mar 2, 2004
    Canada
    yes but that isn't good for your body cuz then it will slow you down

18. Keep87

Keep87 New Member

Apr 24, 2003
    North Carolina
    Mc Donalds will make you very slugish...

19. Tony Dellbird

Tony Dellbird English and Proud

Mar 26, 2004
    Jolly Ol' England
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Mcdonalds is rank neway! I eat what i want but before a game or training i tend to have pasta as dinner about an hour and a half before then take 2 lucozades (before+after) and a banana.

20. revmike

revmike New Member

Apr 13, 2004
    Hong Kong
    I agree, you should restrict too much of what ur eating at this age. Eat mc donalds if u feel like it, but just dont eat too much. As long as you dont do something over the top everything would be fine. Some fat is actually required to keep your energy during games if u r playing full time. Drink water all the time and its ok if you drink other beverages at other occasions. That's my advice. You would also live a better life for doing what u feel like doing and not restrivting your self all the time. Of course regular excercise MUST be included.

21. Tony Dellbird

Mar 26, 2004
    Jolly Ol' England
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    A man has to have at least 12% percent body fat to survive......Knowledge is the Bomb

22. elainemichelle

Jul 20, 2002
    Atkins diet is bad for everyone. It kills your pancreas.

23. Adidas Fan

Adidas Fan New Member

Apr 6, 2004
    Norwich, England
    Sex BEFORE a match or training is GOOD?????????????????? :confused:
    Everyone including all the professionals swear that if u have sex before a game ur legs feel that bit weaker because sex is a form of excercise. As a result u can't perform to ur best

24. Tony Dellbird

Mar 26, 2004
    Jolly Ol' England
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Sex aint really part of a diet is it? But ive heard it focuses ur mind better on the game in hand.

25. StrikerCW

StrikerCW Member

Jul 10, 2001
    Perth, WA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What about beer/anything of the sort? what do you guys think about it being bad for your soccer?

thanks