Czech Republic at UEFA Euro 2020

Discussion in 'Czech Republic' started by adam CZ, May 3, 2021.

1. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    I agree, but still maintain at this point there is nothing to be gained by complaining.

Baku is hosting because their government prioritized big modern stadium over actual improvements and have an FA that makes proactive* bids for matches they shouldn't get like this and the Europa League final a few years ago. Compared to many countries that have some success on the pitch like us, who would never make a serious bid for anything and have no suitable international stadium that seats more than 20,000 people.

*likely corruption, but again no excuse on our end as our FA has bordered on mafia at times.

2. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    You have to think Silhavy won’t change a winning lineup as he usually doesn’t. I’d mostly be fine with that myself.

I’d continue with Kaderabek instead of Boril. I do hope he can claim that position going forward so that both our best fullbacks can be on the field.

Even if Darida is fit, I’d leave Barak in midfield where he played well (really improved as the game went on) and offers more ability in the final third. No disrespect to Darida, but I also think Soucek is the better captain anyways.

I do agree about replacing Sevcik with Jankto though.

3. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    It’s always sort of bothered me how Poland and now Hungary have considerably better international stadiums than we do.

Ultimately, it comes to down to a greater sporting interest from those governments (we’re also more of a hockey country too I suppose), which clearly isn’t as prioritized by ours. I also don’t think our fan interest is anywhere near the same either.

That being said, I would like for Eden Arena to become our official stadium. I know we already play our high profile matches there, but I think all of our qualifiers should be played there now. We can play friendlies around the country, but any meaningful game should be hosted by our biggest, most modern stadium.

Before we ever successfully build a new spectacle of a stadium, we need to be consistently selling out all qualifiers no matter the opponent, and with the current success at these Euros (plus overall improvement and promising trajectory of the team), I feel it’s a realistic next step for us.

4. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    I think Silhavy will throw Boril back in. Kaderabek got beat quite a few times down his side, and he did not really contribute to the attack down the left. I know Boril hasn't been good, but Kaderabek at LB right now is not the answer.

But I really hope Jankto comes back in and Barak keeps his starting spot. Barak's size and calmness on the ball was very noticeable to me.

5. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    I could also see Boril returning to the lineup. Although, for having to defend against Dumfries, I do think Kaderabek still did quite well all things considered. It’s not like Coufal has been flawless this tournament either.

Barak definitely has the best dribbling and ball control out of our midfielders. He does very well to shield the ball with his body and is more clinical in the final third than Darida, who is available to start tomorrow.

The only drawback with Barak is his pace. If he could run like Provod, I have no doubt he’d be playing for a better team.

6. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
  7. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    I would have still started Jankto and Kaderabek, but will admit that the former hasn't made a strong case for himself recently.

Skevin repped this.
  8. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
  9. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Im only really surprised jankto was dropped for sevcik. I don’t know why that even happened but it’s not like sevcik was bad. I’m glad Barak keeps his spot.

10. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Not too surprised Boril is back in. It’s still quite experimental at this stage to play Kaderabek on his offside, but hopefully he’ll get more chances there after the tournament.

Hlozek isn’t on the bench.. I assume a last minute injury.

11. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    I think I’m more shocked that he hasn’t scored one of the 10 own goals at this tournament.

12. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Whatever happens today, I just hope we don’t go to extra time or penalties. I don’t think I’d survive watching us in a penalty shootout.

Skevin repped this.
  13. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    I am already satisfied with the tournament, so anything from here is bonus, although having a reasonable path to go further does make it a bit more tense viewing.

14. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Never a corner kick wtf.

15. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Is there not VAR for corner kicks?

16. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Denmark have looked the better team. The corner was a joke but we should have done better

17. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Holes has somehow been are most dangerous midfielder in attack this tournament.

18. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Our right side is so much better than our left.

19. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    I think we were just shell-shocked by the bad call. We actually have looked the better side the last few minutes.

20. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    I think Barak runs faster with the ball than without it.

21. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Unfortunately due to the bad call, unless we can equalize soon we will have to deal with counterattacks, which is not our strong suit.

22. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Boril is all over the place and Sevcik is only useful at delivering corners/freekicks. In live play he is invisible.

23. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    I would sub out Boril now, every dangerous Danish counterattack has involved a through ball on his side.

adam CZ repped this.
  24. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    He’s so past it at this level.

25. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+