Czech national team [R]

Discussion in 'Czech Republic' started by Canadian_Supporter, Aug 14, 2008.

1. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    I don’t think he’s ready now either, but it’s more so about integrating youth players into the senior team, especially in a troubled position of ours. We need to be building a team for qualifiers next year to carry into Euro 2024.

Silhavy has zero foresight in his roster layout and scouting.

2. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Against Spain I will say that Jemelka has to start, Mateju has been at primary fault for 3 of the last 4 goals we conceded. Otherwise I would say my biggest concern is energy, a lot of our players are worn out and this supersized international break is straining our already battered lineup.

3. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Conversely I thought Brabec has been quite good the last 2 matches, and Zima decent as well after a very shaky match against Switzerland by all.

4. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    I feel like Brabec in general has been good all season and has really thrived playing in the middle of our three man defence. His only bad outing was in that Wales friendly, but he played wide left in the back three which was clearly awkward for him.

At club level he was a mainstay for Aris and would’ve surely been benched if he played the way he did in his last days with Plzen, so I have to assume that he had decent year with them (yes, this is my lazy analysis).

If he can maintain this form into next season, I think he’s a locked in starter for the foreseeable future until he has another one of his notorious form fluctuations.

Our CB depth chart should look as follows going into next season:

Krejci / Holes - Brabec / Kalas - Zima / Vitik

5. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Is Vaclik sick/minor knock or is this just rotation? Frankly, Mandous was at best mediocre this year so starting him at Spain is a dumb idea. At least with Stanek he had a good season and is 26 so may need reps for the future.

Otherwise, the lineup is as expected but would like to have seen some rotation in the midfield

6. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    If Silhavy is going to start six (!) outfield players in all four games, then why not play Vaclik today?

I guess Silhavy feels that trying our third goalkeeper (who is not in great form) is more important than giving a back up midfielder a chance…

7. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Starting Mandous is really weird. The team is alright. I like the pace for counters but again I feel like we can get destroyed.

8. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Swtizerland took an extremely early lead against Portugal, a lot of time left but certainly signaling that they won't be brushed aside as easy at home.

9. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    To think we wasted so much time with Masopust when Cerny was here all along…

10. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Our pressing has them a bit rattled, doubt we can sustain it with their passing but would be huge if we can capitalize on this spell

11. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Our left side of defence is weak no matter what combination we use.

12. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Soft from Jemelka, stupid positioning from Zeleny. Our left side continues to be a liability

13. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Sadilek down injured and needs to be replaced. Can’t say I’m surprised.

Okay now I’m very surprised as Kral is brought on!?

14. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Assuming the Soucek - Sadilek midfield is what Silhavy wants going forward, then I imagine Holes will need to play regularly in defence at LCB.

15. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Well Kral's career trajectory basically fell apart last summer, maybe this will be the start of his redemption. Would have preferred Kalvach's passing over Krals physical attributes though

16. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Obligatory collapse of the left side aside, the first half wasn't too bad. In fact the spell from 10-20 minutes was very strong by us, but unfortunately against Spain in their own stadium you have to take at least one half-chance and we didn't. We recomposed after some initial post goal disorientation and may have chances to equalize.

17. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    It’s too bad we didn’t have a full strength squad because I think we’d of finished this term with 7 points instead of just 4 (potentially 5 if we turn it around here) and well clear of relegation.

18. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Zeleny and Jemelka teamed up again....Hlozek should watch Gavi and realize the impact a highly rated youngster is supposed to have.

19. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    In the other match, Portugal is racking up shots but so far no breakthrough.

20. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Hlozek has been very disappointing this entire break. Not that our style of play under Silhavy helps, but it feels like he’s failed in every touch he’s had.

21. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Well this day went about as poorly as it could for us. The only good news is we have our 2 toughest matches out of the way, and we should at least be somewhat healthier for the remaining two.

22. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia

Reappearing after a little hiatus, but always back in time for a national team break.

Our latest squad plus Kral, Vlkanova, and Tecl.

Even though this is the healthiest our squad has been in a while, I don’t see any improvement over the past year within our current player pool.

Both our star duos at West Ham and Leverkusen are either in poor form or arguably regressing and we’re now very thin in every defensive position.

Kudela is a comical call up, although admittedly with Kalas, Holes, and Krejci II unavailable, there’s really nobody else to call. Hopefully for his sake it’s the last time he travels this far to warm our bench.

By November when the U-21s are playing friendlies (whether or not they qualify for the Euros next summer), Jurasek and Cvancara need to be integrated into the senior squad.

It’s a shame that Vitik has been completely left out by Priske this season because I thought he’d be in contention for a roster spot based on how he finished last season. Perhaps their next manager will give him a chance..

23. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Portugal in Prague later today.

I’m inclined to believe Silhavy will remain with a five defender system, although I’d be more open to returning to a 4-2-3-1 (after scrolling up this page and seeing how a left side of Jemelka - Zeleny managed in Spain).

I hope Cerny starts, but he’s definitely best suited in a 3-4-3 whereas Barak more 3-4-2-1. Another reason I’d lean towards 4-2-3-1 to have them both on the field in their favoured positions.

I think Kalvach should be preferred to Sevcik and start alongside Soucek.

24. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Vaclik - Zima, Brabec, Jemelka - Coufal, Soucek, Kral, Zeleny - Barak, Hlozek - Schick

I think it’ll play as a 3-4-2-1. I guess Silhavy just doesn’t seem to rate Kalvach at all and goes with Kral who wasn’t even in the initial squad announcement.

Good to have Barak and Schick back.

Appears Jankto and Masopust are not only out for today, but against Switzerland too.

25. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Brabec forced to come off due to injury and is replaced by Kudela… A significant loss based on his June form.