Czech League football 2016 and on

Discussion in 'Czech Republic' started by ASU55RR, Aug 29, 2016.

1. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Sima is a 50 + million Euro striker, unbelievable finish.

2. Slavia_do_toho

Slavia Prague
    United States
    Apr 21, 2019
    Philadelphia
    The crybaby extends through all levels of Leicester I see, should have been a red.

3. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Soyuncu? No way, Kuchta was slow walking and had he Soyuncu kept his cool probably could have gotten him a yellow instead. In general Slavia need to stop the gamesmanship at this point, this is a clear win.

4. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Yeah, they’re always unbelievably salty on Twitter and Reddit. I will say, the amount of support you guys have from West Ham fans is nothing short of incredible. Makes for hilarious banter. I can definitely see a West Ham v Slavia pre-season friendly in the future.

5. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Zima has completely neutralized Vardy over 2 matches, he needs to be on the National team with our centerback issues. Kudela has done well too.

6. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    I was only able to catch the first half, but had to make sure I saw the closing moments live. Great result!

7. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    You would think Leicester City of all teams could appreciate an underdog story, although frankly Slavia have been the better team.

8. Slavia_do_toho

Slavia Prague
    United States
    Apr 21, 2019
    Philadelphia
    Fair fair, I'm just sick of their fans acting like being from the premier league entitles them to beat us. We beat Sevilla who are twice the club LC are.

Yep, and I'm going to twitter to rub some salt and enjoy their tears. West Ham (West Slavia) are great though.

9. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    His awareness and reading of the game is way beyond his years. You usually notice Czech centre backs for all the wrong reasons, but he has this unique way of just blending in without really standing out that much.

Arguably the most complete Czech central defender at the moment.

10. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    I think in the debate of this Slavia vs 2 seasons ago, this match is a strong argument for this group. The team that beat Sevilla and nearly came back against Chelsea sort of succeeded by making games open and chaotic. This team just calmly neutralized a top 4 English team and scored on two high class finishes by young players.

11. Slavia_do_toho

Slavia Prague
    United States
    Apr 21, 2019
    Philadelphia
    I still pick the other team, because they were from my semester there and I was at matches in person. This group is probably the more talented though and they play with a lot more confidence since we're more established.

12. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    The Round of 16 draw is tomorrow, I would actually consider Slavia the favorite in at least half the possible match-ups. Not sure there is any team noticeably better than Leicester left for them to face. Easiest on paper is probably Molde although they did just advance against a German side.

13. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Fair, that team was scrappier and Slavia were fairly new to winning at that time.

Who stays and who goes next season will be interesting. This side has a lot of young talent, Zima and Provod look the most polished and ready for a move. Sima has too much talent to ignore even if he is rough, and I also really rate Bah as an excellent signing that can move to a top league if he keeps developing.

Have to assume some of the prime players like Kolar will move on, and maybe Stanciu will take one last shot at a top league.

14. Slavia_do_toho

Slavia Prague
    United States
    Apr 21, 2019
    Philadelphia
    We play Rangers in the next round, I think we'll thump them. Next transfer window is going to be rough, but I think some younger players will stay another year.

15. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Wouldn't say it will be easy, but Slavia are probably slight favorites. The two teams are actually having quite similar seasons.

16. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    The Friday match was Liberec 4 - 1 Pardubice

Liberec are about half of a good team. Sadilek is finally settling in and when Pesek and Mosquera are on form they an attacking buzz-saw from the wing. Conversely when they aren't they are mind-numbingly boring. Being increasingly dependent on Slavia loanees probably isn't helping with stability.

I think Pesek can clearly play at a higher level than Slovan frankly, I hope he gets a chance in Prague or abroad.

17. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Completely blowing a good opportunity on the break, then conceding a weakly defended goal a few minutes later. Brno's season summarized.

Plzen are and have been the better team, but we continue to blow so many chances.

18. Slavia_do_toho

Slavia Prague
    United States
    Apr 21, 2019
    Philadelphia
    Of course we'd follow up beating a top English side by struggling with Slovacko, and how the hell did Slovacko wind up 3rd place

19. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    1) Plzen are way down this year, and Jablonec/Liberec are inconsistent
    2) Svedik is probably competing with Vrba for 2nd best manager in the league.
    3) Lukas Sadilek is having a breakout season, arguably playing better than his highly rated brother.

Slavia_do_toho repped this.
  20. Slavia_do_toho

Slavia Prague
    United States
    Apr 21, 2019
    Philadelphia
    I've always been skeptical about Stanciu relative to what we pay him, but he's been immense recently.

21. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    I feel like this season he’s really benefitted from some added competition at his position. Also, being able to kind of take a backseat to the Sima show has taken some of the spotlight off him.

Slavia_do_toho repped this.
  22. Slavia_do_toho

Slavia Prague
    United States
    Apr 21, 2019
    Philadelphia
    Lingr was a smart sub and grabbed the winning goal, too many of the same players as Thursday we looked out of it. Can't complain about 3 points away against 3rd place side.

23. Slavia_do_toho

Slavia Prague
    United States
    Apr 21, 2019
    Philadelphia
    TIL there is a Slavia team in Karlovy Vary as well with the same colors and crest. The similarities end there as we beat them 10-3 in the cup playing a back lineup.

I remember seeing the name Visinsky on the bench against Leicester and having no idea who that is, apparently a 17-year-old midfielder that directly contributed to 7 of our 10 goals, a hat-trick and 4 assists.

24. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    #1124 ASU55RR, Mar 4, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2021
    3rd Division team or not that certainly counts as an impressive debut for a player that age. Danicek also pointed out that he earned a penalty and "assisted" an own goal, so he actually contributed to 9 goals.

Slavia Praha Slavia Karlovy Vary 10:3 - YouTube
    There are highlights... to say this was a mismatch is an understatement.

25. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Plzen and Liberec are both coming alive it seems, while Sigma and Ostrava are sort of heading the other direction.

Liberec are being buoyed by Sadilek finally acclimating (just in time for his loan to end after this season) and Pesek being back to his form from around the first Scotland match.

For all their struggles this season, Plzen still have the 3rd best lineup in the league by a considerable distance and really should make it to Europe.