Czech League football 2016 and on

Discussion in 'Czech Republic' started by ASU55RR, Aug 29, 2016.

1. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think you'll remain in 19th this season.

Home clubs had 7 wins, 6 draws, and 11 losses. Home clubs scored 32 and away clubs scored 40. Home clubs had more losses without scoring (8) than wins.

2. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Two great results from our Prague teams today. I was able to have both games on throughout the day, so clearly another productive Thursday it was..

I thought Slavia - Nice was a good game to watch actually (that included a goal of the tournament contender from Lingr). Both teams were direct and play was very open for large parts of the match.

It's great to see Slavia sustaining strong European performances/results, especially with what you'd think is a depleted team in comparison to last year. They'd basically have to perform like Celtic from here on out to not advance.

I don't exactly support them, but I think we're all Sparta fans when they demolish Scottish opposition.

3. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    That was a spectacular strike, good to see a young Czech player with the confidence to take a chance like that.

The 3rd goal was also top quality, the cross from Holes and the movement/strike for the header. Seems like Abdallah Sima is going to make Slavia a lot of money the way he is playing at 19, I hope for their sake that Tabor was smart enough to put a next sale percentage on his transfer.

I can easily see Slavia make another quarterfinal run if their young talent keep improving.

4. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    I learned a lesson in turning off a match early as I missed Jakub Sural's heroic back post equalizer to earn Brno a point against Slavia in Prague. An interesting stat for Slavia is they are perfect this season in the league except for the matches against two newly promoted teams.

EvanJ repped this.
  5. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #1030 EvanJ, Dec 3, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2020
    AC Milan leads Celtic 3-2, while Sparta is scoreless, and Celustka got ejected for cards in the 62nd and 64th. If those scores hold, AC Milan will have 10, Lille will have 9, Sparta will have 7, and Celtic will have 1. Sparta lost 3-0 at AC Milan, so it would be hard to win by enough next week to win the head-to-head tiebreaker. If Sparta wins but not by enough to win the tiebreaker, they would advance if Lille loses at Celtic. Lille would have the head-to-head tiebreaker over Sparta if Lille does better than losing by 3, which will happen. Sparta could really used Celtic to come back. If AC Milan wins and Lille scores while up a man to win, Sparta will be eliminated.

Liberec leads 2-1 at Gent. In order to stay alive, Liberec needs to win and have Hoffenheim win at Crvena Zvezda/Red Star Belgrade. That game is scoreless. Then Liberec would need an amazing game to win the head-to-head tiebreaker because Crvena Zvezda won 5-1 hosting Liberec.

Slavia hosts Hapoel Beer Sheva, while Nice hosts Bayer Leverkusen. Slavia advances with a win or draw.

I was going to say that it's possible that all three Czech clubs advance or get eliminated today, but Sparta's Ladislav Krejci II scored in the 71st minute to go up 1-0 while down a man. If AC Milan and Sparta win, AC Milan will have 10, Sparta will have 9, Lille will have 8, and Celtic will have 1. If Sparta wins by 1 or 2, Lille will have the head-to-head tiebreaker, meaning that if the standing are that way after today Sparta will be eliminated next week if they get fewer points hosting AC Milan than Lille gets at Celtic.

Edit: Lille subbed on Yilmaz in the 77th, and he scored in the 80th and 84th. AC Milan expanded their lead to 4-2. If the current scores hold, Sparta will be eliminated in a few minutes. Both scores in Liberec's game are also the same as when I started this post, so Liberec is also a few minutes away from elimination.

Edit Again: There were no more goals in either group, and Sparta and Liberec are eliminated.

6. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    To be honest Liberec already exceeded their expected coefficient contribution, and probably have a better chance at some additional points next match against an opponent with no real urgency.

Sparta had the toughest group, but still were a massive disappointment. The scoreline today greatly flattered their performance. They struggled with injuries all autumn, but both in EL and domestically this was sort of meant to be their year. At least they can sell Hlozek for at least 20 Million next summer to invest in more bad signings.

7. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Sima puts Slavia ahead, the emerging 19-year-old phenom takes the cross from Kuchta. Fitting that the two players that restored swagger to Slavia's attack team up for another goal.

8. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Stanciu doubles the lead. Slavia have been in control most of the first half, not over yet though.

9. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    I can't find the source, but on my newsfeed when Sparta briefly took the lead against the run of play one of their fans posted on social media "stop the count!" :D

10. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    While a number of Slavia players are increasing their values this season, Kolar might be devaluing his price. He continues to struggle with what feels like a bad blunder every game now.

11. Slavia_do_toho

Slavia Prague
    United States
    Apr 21, 2019
    Philadelphia
    I like the way we are playing, but Masopust at fullback seem is a guaranteed yellow card at least every match. Dorley also feels more like a midfielder. I guess just trying to get the best 11 on the field anyway possible.

12. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    I noticed my usual score checks were replaced with Twitter checks (specifically Celtic's page) for top content like this. Often times more entertaining than the match I was watching.

13. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia

There is having bad defenders (Sparta are in the position due to injuries and limited domestic options), but then their is being poorly coached in defense. I mentioned that Sparta were lucky to even keep it as close as they did, but they were a basic understanding of the offside trap away from shithousing to a result.

14. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    The one and only promising sign I drew from Sparta's defence today was the young Ladislav Krejci. I thought he played very well for the most part, scoring yet again this season (has a very good scoring record between Sparta and the U21 NT), and will likely need to remain in defence in place of Hancko (I fear his spell in Sparta may nearly be over).

Otherwise, Plechaty is just Lischka 2.0. Neither are good enough for this level and should be playing in mid-table Czech clubs.

15. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    I think with a decent draw for the next round that Slavia can make the quaterfinals this year. They aren't as strong at fullback as in the past, but otherwise have a strong side that is gaining confidence.

16. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    A 6 point day and Slavia are through to the next round. Unfortunately our other 2 teams are eliminated. Slovan and Sparta will both get to play teams that have already advanced so perhaps they can grab some parting gifts.

17. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Slavia are going to cash in on SZima.

18. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    The fact that 2nd goal went in perfectly encapsulates the form he is in.

19. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Congratulations to Slavia. As a fan of Israeli clubs, both countries are down to one club. Maccabi Tel Aviv must win or draw hosting Sivasspor to advance. In the five season coefficients, you passed Switzerland for 18th. If Slavia gets a win or draw at Bayer Leverkusen, Slavia will win the group, which matters for the Round of 32 draw on Monday December 14. I wonder how many clubs have lost their first game and then won their group. The group winners and best four third place clubs from the Champions League are in the top pot, and the second place clubs and worst four third place clubs from the Champions League are in the bottom pot. Manchester United, Real Madrid, Inter Milan, and Ajax are famous clubs who could finish third in their Champions League group. So far 5 clubs have clinched the top pot in the Round of 32 draw, 1 club clinched the bottom pot, 13 clubs clinched but could be in either pot, and 13 clubs (7 from the Champions League and 6 from the Europa League) will clinch a spot in the Round of 32 next week. Barcelona in the Champions League and Arsenal in the Europa League are the only clubs to win all five games. Dundalk, Ludogorets Razgrad, and Gent (who was in Pot 1!) in the Europa League are the only clubs to lose all five games.

20. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    I vaguely remember calling Plzen title favourites back in the spring when they looked a dominant force under a freshly hired Gul'a... Have to imagine he is now on the hot seat with Plzen going scoreless in the the last three rounds right after an impressive win over Sparta.

Worth noting that both Vrba and Bilek are newly available. I think hiring Vrba for a third stint within a decade is kind of ridiculous, so I'd probably rather see them hire Bilek in all honesty.

21. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Ended up being officially ruled an own goal, but he'll have a very good chance of scoring that first career brace today.

If Slavia perform as they have in Europe lately, they should win convincingly, though I do expect Sparta to rise up to the occasion and make it close.

22. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    You called it. I feel like the only reason it looked like Slavia might take a step back this season was the short off-season. It's clear their transfer policy was mostly successful.

23. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    I also like that the stream for the match I found is labeled "Slivovice vs Vodka," it wasn't very good cover as it went down soon after.

24. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia

Slavia_do_toho repped this.
  25. Slavia_do_toho

Slavia Prague
    United States
    Apr 21, 2019
    Philadelphia
    I have no idea how long we can hold on to Sima, but he has been completely unstoppable lately against every opponent.