Czech League football 2016 and on

Discussion in 'Czech Republic' started by ASU55RR, Aug 29, 2016.

1. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    That great save would have been offside anyway, but yeah Kolar is playing great.

It's FT 1-1 which coming into today was a great result for Slavia to shoot for, but really a timid last 20 minutes when they could have got 3 points

2. Slavia_do_toho

Slavia Prague
    United States
    Apr 21, 2019
    Philadelphia
    I agree that we got too defensive, but the officiating was also very biased throughout so considering we had to play a big club in their stadium against their official.... 1-1 isn't so bad. We would batter them playing how they did in Prague if they aren't much improved.

3. Slavia_do_toho

Slavia Prague
    United States
    Apr 21, 2019
    Philadelphia
    Going back and forward between feeling good or disappointed by that result. At least people seem to take us seriously now.

ASU55RR repped this.
  4. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    I would say more good, the only disappointing thing is how they equalized. I was crtical of Trpisovsky's approach late, but its very clear that Slavia are a class above the league and not in over their heads in Europe.

5. Slavia_do_toho

Slavia Prague
    United States
    Apr 21, 2019
    Philadelphia
    Barcelona got outplayed by a newly promoted team, and Inter won the first Milan derby decisively. I still don't want to be optimistic about Champions League, but the way we are playing I hope we continue to make news.

Meanwhile, its Derby day and we look likely to thump Sparta again.

6. Slavia_do_toho

Slavia Prague
    United States
    Apr 21, 2019
    Philadelphia
    Already up a goal in 17 minutes.

7. Slavia_do_toho

Slavia Prague
    United States
    Apr 21, 2019
    Philadelphia
    Sparta actually don't look as bad as their league place this year, I guess that is the Derby effect.

8. Slavia_do_toho

Slavia Prague
    United States
    Apr 21, 2019
    Philadelphia
    2-0 Olayinka is starting to find some goals

9. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    On paper they should be no worse than 2nd in the league. They are only about 4 years removed from thrashing Lazio in Europa League, but they've spent a lot of money on players that didn't fit since selling off their last championship core. This season seems like another step back.

10. Slavia_do_toho

Slavia Prague
    United States
    Apr 21, 2019
    Philadelphia
    3-0 starting to get ugly

11. Slavia_do_toho

Slavia Prague
    United States
    Apr 21, 2019
    Philadelphia
    The streak continues.

12. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Well... Slavia are 12 points clear of Sparta after 10 matches. Plzen are only 3 points back, but they aren't anywhere near Slavia's level on the eye-test although they are improving some lately... I still feel comfortable saying Slavia will win the league again already.

13. Slavia_do_toho

Slavia Prague
    United States
    Apr 21, 2019
    Philadelphia
    Sparta suck, and I mean that objectively not criticizing a rival. Plzen just know how to win even if they don't always look good doing it. Our loaned out reserve players if one team could easily be top 3 which really shows how far we are outpacing the other teams.

I am trying not to get overconfident though because last year we were the best team by far, but injuries slowed us down in the middle of the season. Considering we have a lot of demanding fixtures in Europe and less depth it could happen again.

14. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
  15. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Plzen leading Sparta 1-0 in the 2nd half. Good game so far for Krmencik punctuated by a vintage pouncing on a defensive error for a first time strike, I think he is getting back up to speed after a rocky start.

16. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Conversely Lischka is clearly still struggling to get back on form after missing most of last season recovering from heart treatment. Made the bad pass that Krmencik pounced on and in general is really struggling to handle Krmencik's physical play.

17. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    FT 1-0 Plzen keeping pace with Slavia, but Sparta now in 8th place, 15 points behind the leaders and we've only played 11 rounds.

This was actually one of their better defensive performances, but... while I've criticized Sparta's overzealous firings in recent years - the worst still being Lavicka for a few bad weeks after he won a title and took them to the Quarterfinals of Europa League - I don't know how anyone reviews this team every week and thinks that Jilek has a plan. At this point I think its clear the front-office doesn't know what they are doing either (with all due respect to Rosicky the player). It's unforgivable to be starting Kozak at this point, they should move Hlozek up front to his natural position and put Karlsson in on the right.

At this point I almost feel bad for them

18. Slavia_do_toho

Slavia Prague
    United States
    Apr 21, 2019
    Philadelphia
    Well our U-19 team beat Dortmund, lets see if we can make it a sweep.

19. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Dortmund definitely look more prepared than Inter did, but Slavia still holding their own okay. Stanciu is talented but wasteful.

20. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Masopust just blew a one-v-one with the keeper... again. He is so close to being a really good player as far as physical attributes, but just never has the right idea when it counts.

21. Slavia_do_toho

Slavia Prague
    United States
    Apr 21, 2019
    Philadelphia
    I would say Masopust should have chipped, but he didn't do that well either in a similar situation against Cluj. Bad start but starting to take control a bit.

22. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Even worse on replay, that should have been 1-0 if he hit it anywhere but straight at the keeper.

23. Slavia_do_toho

Slavia Prague
    United States
    Apr 21, 2019
    Philadelphia
    Masopust also has the dubious distinction of being kicked in the face twice in the first 30 minutes... the 2nd was kind of his own fault though

24. Slavia_do_toho

Slavia Prague
    United States
    Apr 21, 2019
    Philadelphia
    Fans are shouting my Bigsoccer name quite clearly through the broadcast, haha

25. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Great individual effort by Dortmund, but Slavia can't leave that much space for a counter against this quality opponent.