Curt Johnson Question & Answer session 5:30 PM 11/8 @ Lot B5

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by BenC1357, Oct 31, 2003.

1. Spoon

Spoon Member

Feb 25, 1999
    Overland Park Ks
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Heat is covered that is what my small grill is going to be used for. Now I need to get some wood.

2. wadejackson1

wadejackson1 Member

Mar 11, 2001
    Did Curt attend?

So, what questions were asked... and Curt's responses?

3. BenC1357

BenC1357 Member

Feb 23, 2001
    KC
    Re: Did Curt attend?

(I'll do my best, others chime in as well for those that were missing or not paying attention)

Q: Draft philosophy; trading vs. drafting, player acquisitions, etc.??
    A: They try to pick up players that can perform right now and that are close to their prime. (i.e. Wolff and Conrad) Focus so far has been on this season, so no real news on the draft selections for next year, or the players we're looking into.

Q: Igor contract status?
    A: He signed a 4 year deal, with the last two years being options for the WIZARDS to pick up. Therefore, he's here as long as we want him.

Q: Next years salary cap number and how we look against it?
    A: Not sure what the cap will be, but we should be in good shape.

Q: How are dicisions made between the FO (CJ) and the coach? (Dave might be able to explain better, he was kinda quiet with a few of his interchanges with CJ)
    A: Joint effort, we've never really had a situation where they totally disagreed, so no one has ever had to veto the other.

Q: Cauldron security, etc...
    A: We obviously had some very serious accusations. Whether they were true or not, they had to be investigated. A philosophy change occured after that in which security wanted to keep an eye on us better, etc. Obviously, as always, this is an area for improvement. He didn't seem to be against the idea of clearer expectation setting for the security teams. Mentioned that it would be hard to get a constant security team because of the constant rate of turn over among the lettuce.

Q: Radio coverage, media in general...
    A: Pointed out that Kent and 1340 were what its all about. Stated that we should continue to support movements in all media and make our voice known. Said that only demand from the public will make all the media pay more attention. Mentioned MetroSports taking over KCTV's on air sports broadcasts as a good thing b/c they cover us.

Q: Next years attendance push philosophy?
    A: Definitely the same "push" but not sure if Lamar will be as involved. Will do the Price Chopper ticket promo again, but do it better than this year. Mentioned that if we continued our growth percentages (far stretch) that we'd average 30,000 in 4-5 years.

Q:Gansler retiring?
    A: No real comment, not that he knows of.

4. Blong

Blong Member+

Oct 29, 2002
    Midwest, the real one.
    Re: Re: Did Curt attend?

I am in favor of this.