Cuper Sacked!!!

Discussion in 'Inter Milan' started by Spartak, Oct 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spartak

Spartak Member

Nov 6, 1999
    Philly
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hmm, not good news for the rest of Serie A ;)
    http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/oct19f.html

2. Kqql

Kqql Member

Sep 22, 2003
    Looks like Cuper's assistants were sacked too.

3. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    The timing seems strange to me, 2 days ahead of a CL match. Obviously, it was losing the derby which was the might-as-well-have-been-the-last-straw. So why not fire him ahead of the lengthy international break instead of NOW. Just another example of Inter's stupidity.

4. highgarden

highgarden New Member

Apr 24, 2002
    Richmond, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Zaccheroni will take charge on Wednesday. He will most likely put in a 3-4-3. It will be interesting to see who he starts. I hope the timing of this change does not sabotage a good start to the CL. Moratti with another well thought out decision. :rolleyes:

5. bestianera

bestianera New Member

May 21, 2001
    Valvasone
    the perfect post

6. TravisMinor_23

TravisMinor_23 New Member

Oct 16, 2001
    United States
    I think there is a better chance that this saves Inter from an unneccessary early exit in the knockout stages of the CL then sabotaging the group stage. Cuper's record spoke for itself, and I really don't think Inter was going to win any hardwear any time soon with him in charge.

7. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    Huh? Inter have done better under Cuper than under anyone in recent memory! They haven't won a Scudetto since the 80s, and I don't recall them ever doing better in the CL than they did under Cuper. Hector took a team that had no decent midfielders and it finished a semi-finalist in the CL and second in SerieA. So tell me, which part of Cuper's record that speaks for itself warranted his firing? Stupid stupid move by Inter. Especially AFTER they went out and got players for his system, like Kily. This is precisely why Inter is Inter.
    And what do you know, they proceed to lose the next game 3-0 at Moscow.