Cup Round 1

Discussion in 'Battrick' started by NoodlesMacintosh, Sep 5, 2006.

1. NoodlesMacintosh

NoodlesMacintosh New Member

Aug 24, 2004
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The new season is finally about to begin...

I got a bot.

*cough

Howsabout everyone else?

2. Bluto11

Bluto11 The sky is falling!

May 16, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    bot

i think the FC fixtures are out tomorrow or the next day. can't wait to get everything up an running.

pulled a competent/competent bowler with medicore stamina as my fist YP of the season. sad thing is he might be getting solid playing time in my OD league as I'm short bowlers. I think I'm going to give him a few nets to see if he is high in his primary and seconary and get him to respectable/respectable

3. Craig P

Craig P BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 26, 1999
    Eastern MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I got a bot, which I greatly appreciate given the upcoming fixture congestion.

I'm still waiting for it to allow me to put 35 (not just 34) ITS into my YP. :mad:

4. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Having made it to the quarters in each of the previous seasons I'm questioning the point of doing well in the cup. In the first season it was cool and in the 2nd it was gratifying to know it wasn't a fluke, but after that - it became pointless. As a high ranked team I almost never get a home game. With the addition of FC and the personal fitness issues that it will bring up I don't think I'll play any of my top 3 players in the cup. If I go out before round 3 I'll be disapointed, but if I promote in the first FC season I'll take it as a fair trade.

5. ZeekLTK

ZeekLTK Member

Mar 5, 2004
    Michigan
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    The other team batted first and scored 38 runs in 16 overs before getting all 10 outs.

I think it's safe to assume I'm moving to Round 2. :p

6. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    my opponent got 20!!!! :D

7. Craig P

Craig P BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 26, 1999
    Eastern MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bowled them out for 50, so it was an easy chase. Having my second-best batsman (best in the match) give up his wicket was a disappointment.