Cup: Bremen - BVB

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by hava, Feb 4, 2020.

1. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Hitz
    Akanji Hummels Zagadou
    Hakimi Brandt Witsel Schulz
    Sancho Reus Hazard

2. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    1:0 Bremen after a bad pass by Hakimi and insufficient clearance by Hitz.

3. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    2:0 Bremen. Pretty poor effort from us while things just work out for Bremen. Time to wake up.

4. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    What do we expect when we decided to throw away the season with Favre.

5. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    It's not as if we weren't warned by the recent results against Bremen, including getting kicked out of the cup last year by them.

We looked clueless. Hakimi seems soft in defense. I'm glad Akanji was there to intercept several of their runs after long balls and I wouldn't want Can or Hummels being put in a position to win these duels based on speed.
    My only hope is that Bremen cannot keep that up the whole 90 minutes. But we need to make it harder for them.

MtnGardener repped this.
  6. MtnGardener

MtnGardener Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Jul 21, 2017
    Keep the posts coming! I can't stream this one.

7. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    30 minutes to go, better from us so far in the second half but we don't create enough dangerous chances. Haaland came in at the start of the second half.
    We are missing Guerreiro today, especially offensively. Schulz doesn't have a good game but only Schmelzer on the bench to replace him.

We are lucky Selke had to leave the game.

MtnGardener repped this.
  8. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Reyna in for Zagadou.
    Haaland scores, around 25 minutes to go with injury time.

9. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Big chance for Reyna, 1 on 1 situation after a very nice pass by Sancho. We are getting close. Bremen are definitely not as active as in the first half.

10. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Haaland scors immediately after going 4 at the back the quality of the team might get us through this match, but Favre is such a joke.

11. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Bremen score again. Not sure who to bring from the bench. One of Dahoud, Can as a more offensive sub for Witsel or Götze.

12. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Fantastic goal by Reyna, great technique. Still hope to turn this around, we just have to be more precise. Too many lost balls that hurt to win them back.

13. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    So close for Sancho if he can control the ball it's an easy goal. Bremen can't defend when we make it fast.

14. Scheherazade

Scheherazade Member

Jun 4, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Great goal by Reyna, 2/10 dive. IDK why Favre doesn't start Haland and take him off only after we get the lead.

Schulz and Hazard are just not cutting it yet at this level. Maybe they need time, meh.

15. Arlo

Arlo Member

Nov 9, 2005
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    how dafuq schulz gets any minutes on this team is beyond my understanding... ppl who cashed in 25 mil from us for him r laughing hard

16. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Annoying loss. Chances there were to equalize but we weren't clinical enough or just not in the best position to score like Haaland's header minutes before the end.
    The first half was really bad by us and cost us the game. I also think the stupid 4 minute VAR situation killed our momentum. Minutes of the ball ping-ponging around followed that when there were would have been still 10 minutes to play without VAR. They should have told the ref to check it way faster.
    Schulz was bad and Hakimi was mostly quiet in offensive. That makes everything harder.

17. BvB_Peon

BvB_Peon Member

Apr 14, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    I thought you like Favre and wanted to keep him for the second half of the season?

18. BvB_Peon

BvB_Peon Member

Apr 14, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    No surprised here, I knew we would eventually stop scoring 5 goals per game and get back to Favre style of football...
    Head office dropped the ball and now the consequence of that inaction is upon us....

19. Scheherazade

Scheherazade Member

Jun 4, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    @BvB_Peon Lmao if it makes you feel better, I would prefer a coaching team of Pep, Klopp, Heynckes, Ferguson, Sacchi and the late Cruyff. And Poch to shine their boots. All better than LF and unrealistic, so? Maybe you should pray hard for Nagelsmann's sacking soon if you think there's any chance we'll hire a new coach for the rest of the season. It's just so tiring to read how Klopp or Pep is better than X coach of X team, even a 6 year old knows that.

20. Oliseh

Oliseh Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Croatia
    Nov 29, 2019
    Its amazing how Reus finishing is so poor when it comes to simple chances.
    Reus lacks of winning mentality, he is not a leader,i said that a 100 of times.
    He just doesnt have that Totti or Gerrard factor..
    But the biggest shame is that you had a golden generation i would say (cause guys like Haaland and Sancho come 1 in a decade) and you gave that generation to Favre........ WoW

21. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Reus didn't have a good game but what was the simple chance he had? I only remember that tough angle shot in the second half. From the way you move towards the ball with speed, it's a hard angle to beat the goalie.
    There were several situations when we came close or should have been more patient. Sancho came close, Reyna could have found a way to put the ball besides the keeper just before Bremen scored again which would have changed the game, Witsel and Hummels put the balls on the stands when there was enough time to let the ball come down.

22. BvB_Peon

BvB_Peon Member

Apr 14, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    You must be confused, I never said any of these things....

23. MtnGardener

MtnGardener Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Jul 21, 2017
    Well. Bad result. But good to see the team can fight back. Better to learn another hard lesson about our terrible defense and how to play offense in DFB than learn it in Bundesliga. I mean, the kids seem to be good for 2 goals/half pretty reliably. That _has_ to be enough offense. Bremen has scored 25 goals all season in Bundesliga, we shipped them 2 goals in one half. That can't be good enough. I am not crushed by this result, though. We don't have the depth to be playing in three competitions. Or two, really, but I'll still hope we beat PSG.

24. Oliseh

Oliseh Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Croatia
    Nov 29, 2019
    We have a chance against PSG for sure.
    Except their attack, they are not an extra team, Gueye, Diallo, Sarabia and other guys, that for sure are not elite players and our biggest chance is Tuchel, he is overpriced clown

25. Scheherazade

Scheherazade Member

Jun 4, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Just realized the Yanks have found their new Pulisic. This Reyna kid is gonna get hyped up real quick plus tax :ROFLMAO:

y-lee-coyote repped this.