Cuartos de Final- como ven los cruces de Copa 2010?

Discussion in 'Copa Libertadores / Sudamericana' started by superfrantheman, May 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ags09

Ags09 Member

Club America
    Mexico
    Jun 16, 2006
    Philly
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I think it started off being a rule only applied for mexican teams since i remeber if both teams reached the round of 16 they would have to re-arrange the matches so the mexican teams would play...i remember Morelia and America having to play each other since they both reached the sweet 16. Maybe im worng but i think thats how it started off...then im sure it was because of the Brazilians were stealing in the later rounds...

2. posteador

posteador Member+

Dec 29, 2006
    Lincoln, UK
    Thanks. Now I hope we can keep this up for the return match in Santiago... we already pulled a goal out of our ass to get by Alianza in a match we should have won without so much drama had we played to our level.

I don't think we will manage to pull one of those again...or get any ref sympathy for that matter. Flamengo is still very much in it so I will remain cautious.

3. posteador

posteador Member+

Dec 29, 2006
    Lincoln, UK
    He is certainly paid according to his status.

4. posteador

posteador Member+

Dec 29, 2006
    Lincoln, UK
    Re: Fla vs. UdeCh.

Where is Markarian now anyway? I heard Peruvians were considering him as a coach for the NT?

5. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile

With Danubio in Uruguay, iirc.

6. Yañez

Yañez Member+

Oct 11, 2005
    Santiago, Llolleo
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Excellent by la U, specially in the first half. Both teams missed pretty clear chances though. Think in the return we should play extremely concentrated as Flamengo could bounce back and score 2, its quite possible.

7. superfrantheman

superfrantheman Red Card

Nov 11, 2006
    Olvidados de Dios
    Club:
    Sporting Cristal Lima
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru

marakarian es un buen tecnico.

8. ROMERO879

ROMERO879 Member

Apr 28, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Cristal Lima
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru

Inter 1 -0 Estudiantes

This year's edition has been partidazo after partidazo. [​IMG]

9. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada

Es que todos son buenos equipos en los QFs.

Hasta el Chivas con sus suplentes, juega muy bien. Y el Libertad perdió 3-0 con ellos pero hasta ese punto había andado bien.

10. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yes, Internacional did their business and got a valuable win. In the other hand Estudiantes showed their worth(as usual their centrebacks...) trying to hold up on the first leg... All the second leg matches look very interesting.

11. zasal911

zasal911 Member

Sep 1, 2000

it looks like, from what i understand, the fight for the Peruvian NT is between Markarian and Pelluso (the current and past UdeChile coaches).

I agree with those that say Victorino is the best CB in Chile. he's far above Ponce's current level (though at their best they're probably even, if not Ponce being a bit better) and also much better than Scotti (who has been a starter recently for Uruguay).

IMO Fernandez is overrated and one decent match won't change that fact.

anyways, for those who were asking, UdeChile's starting lineup has 3 players on the Chilean NT WC shortlist and two on the Uruguayan shortlist (Pinto, Estrada, Itturra, Victorino and Fernandez)....also, Eduardo Vargas, Juan Abarca, and Felipe Seymour have all been regulars for Bielsa's NT squad....and Puch would also have been on the shortlist had he not bailed on the NT during the last friendly

thats like 8-9 regular NT players on two WC teams for UdeChile....

12. Broncano

Broncano Moderator

Jul 31, 2006
    Lima
    Club:
    Universitario de Deportes
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    I doubt Pelusso is coming anymore after last week

13. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    I think he may. The Peruvian team has potential right now.

14. superfrantheman

superfrantheman Red Card

Nov 11, 2006
    Olvidados de Dios
    Club:
    Sporting Cristal Lima
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    not really. we need to fix some parts of our teams. we dont have good defenders.

15. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    My review of the first leg of the quarterfinals:

https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/blog.php?b=8496

Player of the week: Omar Bravo
    Honorable Mention: Hernanes, Rafael Olarra

Goat of the week: Rodolfo Gamarra
    Dishonorable mention: Leandro Desabato, Manuel Iturra

Team of the week: Sao Paulo
    Honorable Mention: Universidad de Chile, Guadalajara

Worst team of the week: Libertad
    Dishonorable mention: Flamengo

16. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA

Yes, and this game was perhaps the most "Libertadores-like" game of the week. I didn't watch Cabras Guadalajara vs. Libertad, but I did catch Flamengo vs. La U (much of it) and did watch Cruzeiro vs SPFC in its entirety. These two last games were good, and the all-Brazilian affair was competitive and contested (not the least because it carriers a "payback" factor for my team). But in terms of sheer tension and brusqueness (this last trait, one I believe is quintessential and innate to Libertadores competition), Internacional vs Estudantes was the game to watch.

Next week, I cannot wait for SPFC vs. Cruzeiro and Estudantes vs. Internacional. I believe that one of these 4 will win the tournament. Barring a major disaster, I believe SPFC will reach the semifinals, and Estudantes will go to war to defend its title run against a very hungry, gritty, and combative Internacional.

Champions' League? Give me THIS anytime.

17. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    The no teams from the same country in the final rule is sooo retarded, the best teams should be in the final regardless where their from.

And this pretty much screws the Brasilian teams who are usually the ones to have 2 teams as finalists and it also makes the rest of Conmebol look like a joke as it looks like they are being "protected"

18. Broncano

Broncano Moderator

Jul 31, 2006
    Lima
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
  19. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    I would not go as far as to label the rest of CONMEBOL as a joke, but I protested this rule the moment it came out. I have always maintained that a team should be allowed to face whomever. Frankly, I'm disappointed Flamengo has such an uphill to climb, because SPFC and Internacional did their job and look likely to reach the semifinals. Flamengo, SPFC, and Internacional in the final four would've made CONMEBOL's authorities look like a bunch of jackasses.

20. Broncano

Broncano Moderator

Jul 31, 2006
    Lima
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    on principle, always assume CONMEBOL is wrong. :D

21. BigSoccer Bot

BigSoccer Bot I am not real.

Feb 25, 2005
    News: Golpe de estadio a Cruzeiro, Flamengo, Estudiantes y Libertad

Universidad de Chile, Sao Paulo, Chivas e Internacional se rebelaron en la semana contra los pronósticos y las estadísticas.

More...

22. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    CONMEBOL is not a joke, but its leadership is a joke. Well, except that they are not funny.

23. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    ITA. This is not an anti-Mexico ruling (un poquitín paranoicos los Charros, pensando que no los queremos en S.Am.) but an anti-Brazil one.

24. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    Hopefully the day will come when there will be an all-Brazilian final four and we'll be laughing at them. Better than an all-Argentine final. :D

Although I'm sure you wouldn’t mind Boca Júniores vs. Vélez Sarsfield and Rio da Prata vs. São Lourenço (if Rio manages to beat CASLA with 11 men rather than just 9) with Boca winning the return match of the final leg at Núñez. ;)

25. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    What, making the Libertadores with the Brazilian teams like the Champs League with the English teams?

I hope not. Makes the tournament seem like a joke.