Cuartos de Final- como ven los cruces de Copa 2010?

Discussion in 'Copa Libertadores / Sudamericana' started by superfrantheman, May 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. superfrantheman

superfrantheman Red Card

Nov 11, 2006
    Olvidados de Dios
    Club:
    Sporting Cristal Lima
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    so what are the 'friendships' in the argentine football?

racing-gimnasia, anything else?

2. zasal911

zasal911 Member

Sep 1, 2000
    ur team is much too big to be coming up with these types of excuses....the second goal was legit, and the bigger problem from Flamengo's perspective isn't that la U scored 3 goals in Rio, but that they could easily have scored 5...

3. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Estos resultados me fregaron la cartilla...

4. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Somos dos.

5. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    To everyone who tought Cruzeiro was gonna beat SPFC with ease....

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rX7wtNOkuHo"]YouTube- Nelson[/ame]

:D

6. Arthur V

Arthur V Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Brasilia, BRASIL
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    O campeão voltou!!!!
    O Campeão voltou!!!!!!! :D

What a great game São Paulo did yesterday. I wasn't expecting the team to be that focus. Maybe was the lack of faith from the fans and the media that made them play that well.

Fernadão was great, was involved in both goals. Hernanes is awesome and Alex Silva and Xandão were very good too. And we got lucky too.

Now, at home, we have to continue with the good work. I wanna win this: 92-93-05-10(?)

"Como eu te amo tricolor, como eu te amo demais.
    No dia em que tu não existir, eu não quero sorrir nunca mais"

P.S: Flamengo + Maracanã + Libertadores = LOL

7. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    ASF and Andres, thanks.

I find your comments as fans of other teams interesting, especially as expatriates. I have been out of Brazil for very long, and a result of this is my siding w/ Brazilian teams when SPFC is out of contention or not facing these very teams. I rooted for Fluminense in 2008, Cruzeiro in 2009, etc. Believe it or not, I have even sided w/ Corinthians as they are Brazilian ... but liked it when they lost to Flamengo last week. :D

At the same time, I have to admit it was a bit of a relief for Cruzeiro to have fallen short last year. Had they triumphed, they would've tied SPFC as the Brazilian team w/ the most Libertadores wins. If SPFC wins this year, they'll extend their supremacy to 4 titles. I fathom this is a reason many Brazilians wish for SPFC to fail every year, just as they were tired of us having won 3 straight Brazilian titles from 2006 to 2008 (and we were very few points from a historic four-peat last year).

As for Flamengo, I read that their team bus was late to the stadium and that this interfered. Perhaps. Cruzeiro was late to their group match vs. Estudantes in 2009 and it cost them. But Universidade de Chile deserves credit - whatever the controversy from last week vs. the Peruvian side, U de Chile has members from the national teams of Chile and Uruguay. It's not a pushover by any means.

8. Rhand

Rhand Member

Sep 27, 2009
    Mol, Belgium
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    We (Cruzeiro) willl just have to repeat last year's feat by beating you at home with 0-2 ;-)

9. Arthur V

Arthur V Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Brasilia, BRASIL
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Then is penalty shoot out. LOL

10. Rhand

Rhand Member

Sep 27, 2009
    Mol, Belgium
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    LOL. I know. LOL

11. ElGuapo

ElGuapo New Member

Jul 23, 2006
    MN
    I now think this new rule only apply to Mexican teams.

12. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Fla vs. UdeCh.

Curiously, José Rojas and Alvaro Fdéz. had easily their best games of the season yest. for la U. Both have been heavily criticized so far this year, and have been on the bench for some time. In fact, Fdéz. loan deal was not to be renewed (expires now/soon) but based on his performance yest., who knows? Also, he's the best paid foreigner in Chile.

Montillo and Victorino were also awesome yest. and to a lesser extent, Rodríguez and Iturra (who earned a stupid red). Victorino is definitely bound to attract interest from a European team, sooner or later.

13. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    The video that shows the foul is here: http://globoesporte.globo.com/futeb...fende-bruno-particularmente-nao-vi-falha.html

[​IMG]

Flamengo problem isn't just that, it's also the fact they missed their share of clear opportunities as well.

14. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Maybe I'm wrong, but the way it was explained to me, it has nothing to do with Mexico.

It's confusing, but it appears that after two Brazilian teams faced each other in two consecutive finals in 05 and 06, Conmebol put a rule saying that "if two teams from the same nation reach the semifinals, they must play each other".

But the shitheads in charge didn't put anything in the rules to prevent three teams from the same nation from reaching the semifinals, so that is sort of a loophole in which two teams of the same nation could indeed face each other in the final. The loophole exists regardless of which country the three nations are from.

So, for example if say Flamengo and Sao Paulo advance to the semis, they would play each other to avoid having two Brazilians in the final. But if Flamengo, Sao Paulo and Inter all advance, then obviously we could potentially see two Brazilian teams in the finals. The only way to prevent that would have been to manipulate the quarterfinals to put all the Brazilians on the same side of the draw, but there is no rule to do that.

Personally, I think they should just let the teams play and not manipulate the draw at all. But at any rate, Flamengo will probably choke, so this year it's most likely a moot point.

15. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    It's a piss poor excuse. There is no reason for that happening. Another example of a "diretoria amadora." The way they team came out flat, they deserve to be down. There are plenty of players with experience remaining from the past disasters to have known better.

16. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Honest q.: how many people thought U. de Chile's 2nd goal was a foul (by Olarra) on Flamengo's Gk (Bruno)? I thought so at first glance but looking at the replays, I was less and less convinced. Just wanna get everyone's opinion on this.

17. Caturro

Caturro Member

Aug 3, 2004
    Chile
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Re: Fla vs. UdeCh.

I thought the highest paid foreigner in Chile was Claudio Graf of Colo Colo. Compared to him, Fernandez deserves whatever he already earns plus a Jeep and a yacht.

And I have to say, Victorino is easily one of the top 3 players in the Chilean league. A beast at the back, and also has enough personality to go up front. In my eyes he fully deserves the consideration for the Uruguayan NT.

18. posteador

posteador Member+

Dec 29, 2006
    Lincoln, UK

Victorino is class...if he were Chilean he would be in our NT as well. (not that it says much considering our defense is not our strongest point anyway).

I'm hoping for a good World Cup showing for him, even if he only plays a couple of matches. He is destined to Europe.

19. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

I'm not sure how much you rate this player, but I've liked what I have seen from the Argentine, Montillo, in the matches I've seen. He's been vital for you guys when you had the lead by holding up the ball and setting up counters.

P.S: Pelluso knows us to damn well. We had heated games when he was at Nacional and we have a good amount of players on our team still from when we played him then.

20. posteador

posteador Member+

Dec 29, 2006
    Lincoln, UK
    I thought it was a foul....kind of unnecessary if you ask me, because it looked like Olarra had already beaten the Goalkeeper thanks to Victorino's distraction.

Not that it stains our performance too much, considering all the goals we missed and playing 1 man down the whole second half.

21. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Imo :)D), Victorino is the best CB in the Chilean Primera.

22. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Completely agree. I wasn't meaning to discredit your team, but I thought the call was bad and unfortunate. Result wise, you guys deserved it. We played poorly for the most part and you played intelligently.

23. Arthur V

Arthur V Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Brasilia, BRASIL
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Conmebol is shit. They shouldn't manipulate in any circumstance.

And, imho, the second La U goal was legit.

24. posteador

posteador Member+

Dec 29, 2006
    Lincoln, UK

He is a key player as well. Just renewed contract with our club till 2014 or 2015 I think. He wanted a raise and I think he deserves it and that's why he got it...in the process we also extended his contract. The only condition is that we should let him go if there is an 'important' offer from abroad. Fair enough.

I have been impressed with his team management so far...he knows how to make the team counter cleanly and efficiently. I have heard Uruguay have him as a possible replacement to Tabarez.

25. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile

Yea hopefully you people do not let him go to waste like you did with Markarián, another awesome coach.