Cuales son tus gallos?

Discussion in 'Mexico' started by Deleted USer, Nov 1, 2004.

1. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    this is mostly to the mexican posters. We all know which MFL team you go for, this is to see what other teams you enjoy to watch.

England: Liverpool and Arsenal. I remember my cousin talking to me about Liverpool when I was younger. Also, in Tampico we had a store Liverpool so the name always stuck when i was a kid. Then around 97-98 the movie Fever Pitch came out and i could relate to Paul and Arsenal cuaght my eye (i loved the book). As of 2-3 years ago, i started to watch englands 1st division and liked Milwall.

Spain: Real Madrid. I am not a Real Madrid fanatic or even a fan, but Hugo Sanchez has something to do with this. I think every Mexican can watch RM and not be considered a glory hunter.

Italy: AC Milan. I'll be honest, this isnt even one of my favorite leagues to watch, but i dont mind watching this team.

Germany: I have always loved the way the German NT played but my first real contact with german club soccer was Bayern Munich and Borussia Dortmund. the reason why is that an exchange student i met was a borussia dotmund fanatic and he hated bayern munich.

for me, i personally like to watch English football. I also like La Liga but depends who is playing.

I'll watch Ajax, Boca, River, Benefica, Celtic if its on tv, but i cant say i watch those leagues religiously

2. Makaveli 13

Makaveli 13 New Member

Jul 23, 2004
    > Italia : la Juve y AC Milan
    España : Real Madrid y Barça
    Inglaterra : Arsenal y Manchester United

I pretty much watch those teams, i watch others but i watch 'em cuz me da hueva' :D <

3. Chiquitibum

Chiquitibum Member+

Apr 4, 2004
    Norte
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I like watching Real, Barca, pretty much anything spanish league.

4. melman152003

melman152003 New Member

Jun 18, 2004
    Chi-Town
    Inglaterra- Chelsea
    Espana- Deportivo la Coruna,Barca
    Italia- Roma
    Alemania- Wolfsburg

Other teams: PSV, Porto, Bayern Munich, Ajax, River, Boca

Here and there I watch a couple of games from these teams

5. DNA

DNA Member

Jul 4, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Well about the Real Madrid comment, I think Real Madrid is a fun team to watch if they play well, its nice to watch so many international stars on one team and how they can combine all of the different styles of play and incorporate them on to one team. I'm not a Real Madrid fan but thats how I feal about them, whether or not Hugo played with them really makes no difference to me. Just because Hugo played his best years with them wont make me a Real Madrid fan.

Back on the subject:

La Liga Española: Deportivo La Coruña- I read about this teams history and I was very impressed, moving from the second division to the first and making a huge impact ever since. Its also a good team to watch.

English Premier League: Arsenal- I can't really say i'm the biggest English footie fan or anywhere near there. I've seen a few games on FSW but I really don't follow them much even though I plan to. I know they had a terrific season (undefeated) last year with a pretty well built squad. I also know that they are no Manchester United, in terms of their history. So thats all I can say about that.

Liga Argentina: River Plate- Good team. Although the main reason I follow them is because I never liked Maradonna and incase you didn't know Boca Jrs. is River's rival. Also because I like to piss my aunts family off.

I don't really follow any other leagues. So thats what I've got.

6. El Sabio

El Sabio New Member

Jun 23, 2004
    Madison, WI
    De La Liga Espanola:

I used to like Real Madrid in the mid 90's, pre galatico thing. When they were a powerful team but acted more like a real team not a circus.

Currently I have to say I root for Barca to see Rafa do well.

Other than that I kinda like Athletic Bilbao, cause the stick to their idea, and have nice uniforms. Not that I'm for Spain becoming 20 little countries.

In the EPL:

Newcastle United all the way. No, not because of their ale. Strong tradition, their northern fans, old stadium ozzing history, nice uni's, Alan Shearer.

I little bit Man United, also for the history --> specifically of bringing thru young players (Busby), which they continued with Ferguson in the 90's and I hope they continue.

Other Leagues:

Ajax. Their youth system, nuff said

7. Levante

Levante Member+

Jul 28, 2001
    England: No..... not really, although I do like to see Bolton play. I like the Spaniards on the team and I like Jay Jay Okocha. Also, a good matchup between two good teams is always fun to watch. It's a very competitive league

Spain: Real Madrid and Valencia.......... pretty much any Spanish team I'll watch. My favorite league outside of the FMF.

Italy: None....... I don't really like this league

Germany: None

Argentina: I like watching Boca play. The atmosphere in La Bombonera is always fantastic.

8. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  9. Levante

Levante Member+

Jul 28, 2001
    I do have to admit, I will watch Roma play...... Totti is badass when he's not spitting on opposing players.

10. Hugo Sanchez

Hugo Sanchez Member+

Aug 21, 2003
    MEX2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    rdl is right when talking about Real.

We have the right, sort of. But I don't like them. Lisa, don't hate me. :'( It is fun to watch all their stars, but they just don't interest me. If Torrado were to join them, I'd become an instant fan. Sort of. Not really. I don't know.

Anything Mexican interests me. I have become a big Barca/Osasuna fan for obvious reasons. The Basque (although the Navarran bit is fuzzy) and Catalan history is incredible. The Real vs Barca political aspect is brilliant. Blah Blah.

I'm not a fanboy, nor do I think Beckham is very good..

But when he played for United, they seemed different. The '99 CL was amazing. I also enjoy(ed) watching Keane, Yorke, Ince, C. Ronaldo, Barthez, Schmeichel(sp?). Once Beckham left (awesome final display against Real, if you guys caught it), things changed for me. Not sure why as I'm not his biggest fan or anything. Strange.

2 years ago, I slowly began to watch Newcastle United because of a Geordie friend. She is crazy. Told me Alan Shearer looked down her blouse at a club. Heh.

But I don't know. I enjoy watching them two, Liverpool and Arsenal. Attractive football at times. Especially at Highbury. My beef is with the field dimensions. That pitch looks all tight like the England/Argentina pitch in '02. A field like that really irks me. Don't know why. Can't stand San Jose's Spartan Stadium.

Juventus is cool because of Del Piero.

That's it really.

Barca, Toon, Osasuna and Juve.

Also, watching Maradona get cheered on at La Bombonera is magical, even if viewing on TV.

11. AMEPUNKANIST

AMEPUNKANIST Member+

Dec 16, 2003
    Club:
    America Propria
    I don't have gallos, ony gallinas..and their names are

Tecochona and Siombetaguena

[​IMG]

12. Otaku

Otaku Member+

Dec 9, 2003
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I like to watch Man U. The atmosphere alone is worth it. The English have pretty much everyone beat in chanting.

I also like to watch Barca

13. chapulincolorado

Jul 14, 1999
    McAllen, Texas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I usually like to follow small teams que son bravos and you can always count on 'em being giant killers.....but... I also like teams with tradition, history, and wins. So...with dat in mind.

England: I don't why Liverpool has always stuck in my mind. Perhaps of Shankly. Perhaps the tradition. Perhaps. But. I always like to see

Spain: Dept. La Coruna & Barcelona

Italy: AS Roma. Why? Totti.

Germany: Is one of major European countries that I don't really care to follow and know very little in so far as teams.

Argentina-C.A.I. & Boca Juniors

El Chapulin Colorado

14. La China Poblana

May 13, 2003
    Chicago
    And based more in myth than reality. Bibliography provided upon request.

As mentioned in my profile, my Spanish team is El Madrid, and I follow the exploits of Osasuna and Rafa Marquez for obvious reasons.

I wasn't originally interested in English football, but through the week-in, week-out onslaught of EPL on FSW, I fell under the spell of Arsenal a couple of years ago. I think Arsene Wenger is brilliant (any comments regarding his eyesight will be ignored :) ). I also follow Man City, they pulled off a couple brilliant victories last year.

I try to keep up with what's going on with AC Milan, just to see how the Brazilians are doing.

15. nergserg

nergserg Member

Jan 15, 2004
    SoCal
    Holland: Ajax (no reason needed)

EPL: Chelsea (Zola really captivated me and I've stuck with them)

Germany: I'd rather wash dishes

Italy: Juventus (it all started with Ravanelli), sometimes Inter

La Liga: Barca (Ronaldo was a beast there + I just bought the tan Barca jersey) and Atl. Madrid (Juninho was at his best there)

Argentine: River Plate (Enzo was great)

Brasil: Sao Paulo has grown on me. I even sometimes watch them play Futsal on ESPN Deportes.

16. Tecos

Tecos Member+

Apr 8, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    Tecos UA de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Spain: Barca and Osasuna for obvious reasons...I also like Valencia up until last season...this season, new coach=not as entertaining.

EPL: Aston Villa has a nice set of latin players...pretty much anyone but arsenal and manu

Germany: Wolfsburg is entertaining...

Italy: Inter all the way...as a kid I was drawn to their jersey and ronaldo's/zamorano's great play

Argentina: I like boca stadium has great atmosphere...team is successful and developes great players

17. diabouloussataneus

diabouloussataneus New Member

Apr 7, 2004
    I watch like 3-4 matches that are not from the MFL every weeken. SO here are they.

1. EPL- Liverpool.
    2.Ligue Une Paris Saint Germain (Great striker from portugal name Pauleta.
    3. La Liga Atletico Madrid became a fan in 96 when they crown kings of spain.
    4. Il Calcio Inter "mostly south american players"
    5.Eredivisie PSV
    6.Argentina CABJ
    7.Bundesliga seinem Wort treu bleiben dortmund.

18. Don Boppero 3000

Don Boppero 3000 DNALMQNLGLLMX!

Jan 15, 2001
    The Fullerton Hotel Chicago
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Aside from America I also root for the home team, Chicago Fire. I've been to most of their home games since their birth. I can't really stand the league now, because the whole play off system is stupid. But I'll still come out for the team.

19. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Il Divino Codino

I became a fan of Roberto Baggio during World Cup 94 and the first club match i saw him play in was with Juventus of Turin alongside of Ravanelli. I didnt know anything about Juve but was somehow attarcted to la Vecchia Signora and have been following the Bianco Neri ever since.. Dont really get to see most of their games but i keep up with Juve as much as i can. favroite player in the squad is Pavel Nedved..

River Plei

My exposure to South American footy came thanks to Televisas idea to send el Beto Garcia Aspe on loan to River Plate in hopes of landing a tv deal. The deal didnt go through and Aspe returned to Necaxa but the likes of Enzo "el Principe" Francescoli, Hernan Crespo and el Juan pi Sorin made me a fan of River Plate. I enjoy watching their crop of youngsters, started with Saviola and Aimar, then D'Alesandro and Cavenaghi and now Maxi Lopez is not far behind..

La Liga

I dont have one team that i follow in particular but i enjoy the level of play and will cheer for any Mexican regardless the club they are in. So i like to keep up with Marquez, Santiano and Dos Santos in Barcelona, Aguirre in Osasuna and Torrado in Sevilla.. Would like to see Hugo take over Real Madrid.. speaking of Madrid i get to see most of their Champions league games, ale Zizou..

20. mexicano

mexicano New Member

Dec 19, 2003
    Templológico
    Mexico: Other than America, Rayados de Mty.
    Arg: Boca Jrs.
    Spain: Real Madrid (i love watching Zidane and Ronaldo play) Barca (Marquez and Ronaldinho)
    Itlay: Juventus
    France:Monaco ( I like their uniform)
    EPL: Manchester United
    MLS: dont give a shyt about it