Cual sera la Seleccion Mexicana para el 2006?

Discussion in 'Mexico National Team' started by JuanRulfo, Oct 28, 2004.

1. JuanRulfo

JuanRulfo New Member

Apr 21, 2004
    Quienes van a ir a el mundial del 2006 por Mexico, titulares y suplentes?

Que piensan? 23 jugadores: a quien pondrian?

2. Milk!

Milk! Member

Jan 6, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I hope I don't get crucified....if I had to choose today, here are my starters:

GK-Oswaldo Sanchez
    RB- Mario Mendez
    CB- Rafael Marquez
    CB- Aaron Galindo
    LB- Salvador Carmona
    DMF - Gerardo Torrado
    MF- Pity Altamirano
    MF- Jaime Lozano
    OMF- Jesus Arellano
    FW - Kikin Fonseca
    FW - Cuahtemoc Blanco

Bench: GK - Moises Muñoz, Guillermo Ochoa Defenders - Carlos Salcido, Duilio Davino, Mario Perez Midfielders - Diego Martinez, Lucho Perez, Zinha, Ramoncito Morales Forwards - Omar Bravo, Sergio Santana, Juan Pablo Garcia

These choices are based if the world cup started today........I think its a bit tough to choose what the team will look like 2 years from now.....I think my starters would remain the same, with the exception of Arellano and Blanco.....they may be out of form (read: too old) by then I would have Lucho Perez and Santana start in their place and add Alberto Medina and Adolfo Bautista to the bench.....for my current bench, I would probably replace Davino with Maza Rodriguez (hopefully he matures by then) and Ramoncito with Ismael Iñiguez...

3. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Porteros

01.O.Sanchez
    12.M.Munoz
    23.G.Ochoa

Defensas

02.F.Rodriguez
    03.J.Beltran
    04.R.Marquez
    05.A.Galindo
    15.H.Altamirano
    16.S.Carmona

Mediocampistas

06.G.Torrado
    07.A.Naelson
    08.P.Pardo
    13.J.Lozano
    14.J.Santiago
    17.D.Martinez
    18.A.Medina
    20.R.Morales
    21.J.Arellano

Delanteros

09.J.Borgetti
    10.C.Blanco
    11.K.Fonseca
    19.A.Bautista
    22.S.Fernandez

4. PanchoM

PanchoM Member

Nov 3, 2001
    PalmsPlace
    I like your list
    I would put Diego Martinez as defense and have Rafa Marquez as a midfielder
    Also Corona debe de ser considerado para portero, para mi no ha hecho herrores .

I dont think Ramon Morales has done anything to deserve consideration this time around.

Torrado, he needs to play regularly to be considered.

Borgetti should be on the bench and Fonseca should wear the number 9 .

but all in all it looks like a great list of guys. :D

5. Hecho en Mexico

Hecho en Mexico Member+

Mar 22, 2002
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Defensas

02.F.Rodriguez

hahahaha, no way.

6. Hecho en Chivas

Hecho en Chivas Member+

Apr 22, 2004
    Chulajuana
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    it's a sure thing that the following players will be at the next World Cup:

Oswaldo Sanchez
    Rafa Marquez
    Aaron Galindo
    Hector Altamirano
    Luis Perez
    Alberto Medina
    Jamie Lozano
    Gerardo Galindo
    Mario Perez
    Gerardo Torrado
    Omar Bravo
    Kikin Fonseca
    Rafa Marquez Lugo
    Bofo Bautista

there are veterans like Cuauhtemoc Blanco, Jesus Arellano, Jared Borgetti, Pavel Pardo, etc that are still in question because who knows how their form will be like 2 years from now

7. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    I thought about that but looking at the midfield i saw that it was quite short, with an avg height of about 171/175m therefore i felt the need of having a strong midfielder with a good height and Martinez was the best i could find in that position. I also added Santiago from Veracruz, he has similiar qualities.

True that but Ochoa has more marketing value so he takes the third spot.

Have you not seen his last games with Chivas. He takes one of the best free kicks in the MFL and against Puebla he scored a long rage Golaza azo azo.. He also has wcq and World Cup experience so makes at least the bench.

Torrado is a great talent and one of the few Mexican players that allways go balls out no matter who the opposition is. He isnt afraid to overcome difficult obstacles so on personality lone he makes my Tricolor squad. His strong work ethic should be a plus for any team.

True but you must respect his senior status with the Tri Color. He has been the teams leading goal scorer for a while now and taking the #9 away from him wouldnt be cool.

Any player you would add.. ? perhaps Nery Castillo :p

8. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    When Rodriguez became a starter in Chivas i told you he was going to be in the Mexican Nation team. When he was called up to the Olympic team you said he wouldnt last, he was a starter. After a few friendlies you still said he sucks and guess what, he is still in the National team only being droped from the game against Ecuador due to injury. Like it or Not we dont have many players with Maza characteristics so untill we find a better player of his attributes he will continue to be considered for the National team.

9. PanchoM

PanchoM Member

Nov 3, 2001
    PalmsPlace
    I would add Gaitan but that would almost bar me from the MessageBoard :D

10. cadblur

cadblur New Member

Jan 8, 2004
    Edinburgh,UK

I would replace Sinha with Waitan. It seems that there is going to be one naturalizado that is going to play anyway. I prefer Waitan . He has the height and the ability! Sinha is good but he is VERY SMALL!

11. cadblur

cadblur New Member

Jan 8, 2004
    Edinburgh,UK

Is Santiago Fernandez playing (or just training) with Barca B ?

I cannot find if he has some playing minutes there. I read that there were only 13 fit players on Barca's B last game. If he didn't play. I reckon that he is surely a no-no in their plans!

12. metalmaster

metalmaster Member+

Jul 7, 2004
    In the wrong hood
    Club:
    Hakoah Maccabi Ramat Gan

I like you list, and also think that Borgetti and pardo are to old and slow to be ont the team. Blanco is playing good right know but I also think he will be to old and who knows how he will be playing by than, i however think that Arellano should be included even tho he is old he still can aport to the team.

I noticed that you do not include any naturalizados, and I think Lavolpe is going to take Sinha. I agree with the other posters here, if we are going to use naturalizados I would use Gaitan instead.

13. cadblur

cadblur New Member

Jan 8, 2004
    Edinburgh,UK
    It seems that my brain merged Walter Gaitan to Waitan :D

14. Hecho en Mexico

Hecho en Mexico Member+

Mar 22, 2002
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    he can have all the charecteristics that most of our players dont have, but if he keeps making stupid mistake after stupid mistake he doesnt belong in the mnt and bofo and him are just too clumsy.

ill go out of my way and say that neither maza or bofo are going to be in the final squad that will go to germany if they dont step up.

15. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    He signed a four year deal with Barca, so its safe to say that he is playing with them and is considered a good candidate to make the first team..

Not sure how many games he has played but during the recent wcq matches he was brought up to train with the first team which was missing many players due to international call ups..

16. Hugo Sanchez

Hugo Sanchez Member+

Aug 21, 2003
    MEX2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Impalido said Maza sucks.

Just because Maza is called up doesn't mean he DOESN'T suck.

For reference: Palencia.

Dear God.

17. Hugo Sanchez

Hugo Sanchez Member+

Aug 21, 2003
    MEX2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I also like the fact that your lists are primarily based on Lavolpe's player selection.

The WC is still 2 years away and his job is still at risk.

Chivasfan, how can you say these players are a sure thing? It's all opinion at this point.

Aaron Galindo, Hector Altamirano, Luis Perez, Alberto Medina, Omar Bravo, Rafa Marquez Lugo and Bofo Bautista are all up in the air still.

The Pumas guys, now there's another story.

You know what's coming.

Heh. The only players I'd consider a lock for the WC squad, bench or not, are Oswaldo, Rafa and Lozano. Cabrito is close, but it depends on how things pan out if Hugo gets the squad at some point before Germany. Also, yes his form is questionable.

Everyone else has to earn the spot, or at least fight for it. In the end, Blanco will be called up no matter who the coach is. If not for his form, for pressure from the media and the fans.

VS, what's with your love for everything foreign?

Just because Rey, Fernandez, Segura, Dos Santos (2), Castillo and Parra (pending) are abroad doesn't mean they're worth a sh.

First they have to play for the damn team, then we can speculate on their participation in Germany.

If it's wishful thinking, then okay. I wish for the best, too.

But Europe is not the bar at which things are measured.

For me.

4 inches ain't much, I'm telling you.

18. Hecho en Mexico

Hecho en Mexico Member+

Mar 22, 2002
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Goalkeeprs:

Oswaldo Sanchez
    Guilleromo Ochoa
    Moises Munoz

Defenders:

Rafael Marquez
    Aaron Galindo
    Ricardo Osorio
    Carlos Salcido
    Pity Altamirano
    Mario Perez
    Joaquin Beltran

Midfielders:

Gerardo Torrado
    Jaime Lozano
    Jesus Arellano
    Diego Martinez
    Luis Perez
    Jaime Correa
    Juan Pablo Garcia
    Felipe Ayala
    Zinha

Forwards:

Cuahtemoc Blanco
    Francisco Fonseca
    Omar Bravo
    Sergio Santana
    Rafael Marquez Lugo
    Jered Borgetti

Outside shot:

Joel Huiqui
    Fausto Pinto
    Hugo Sanchez
    Ismael Iniguez
    Oribe Peralta
    Juan Carlos Cacho

19. Hugo Sanchez

Hugo Sanchez Member+

Aug 21, 2003
    MEX2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

I like those inclusions. And the strikeforce is my pick pretty much.

Maybe Iñiguez as an outside shot.

Peralta. :)

FELIPE AYALA.

What an animal!

20. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    And my opinion is that he doesnt. He makes a living playing footy for one of the top clubs in Mexico and has made his way to the national team. So you can take the opinion of Impalido who plays cascaitas in the street or that of profesional coaches like Hans Westerhoff and Lavolpe.. btw the avg height of players in Impalidos kickaround is roughly 168/171 and i say this because i have played there. He dont know what it is like to go up against a player 182/184m in a 50/50 header so he wont understand why having Maza is important..

I like my Tequila from Jalisco and my wine from Tuscany, i just appreciate the finner things in life. I rather see two Mexican lightweights go at it than two American heavyweights, and when it comes to footy Chivas is my priority but i rather watch a Champions league match than a Jaguares x Puebla game..

I dont rate a player highly bcause he is in europe. However i do give credit where credit is due. Segura isnt in my prefered player list. However Nery Castillo deserves props for being one of the youngest players to play in the Champions League, his choice in national teams aside. I like the attitude of players like Torrado and Fernandez that would rather take a chance in Europe than stay at home and play for some mediocre club, even if the club they play for in europe is mediocre, like polideportivo ejido. What is important is their determination to play in a top league and go up against some of the best players in the world.

I added Fernandez to my list because he is still young and he has similiar qualities of Kikin and Borgetti, tall centrodelantero, i saw him play in the tfc cc and he scored some nice goals, there is no question why Lapuente wants him back. In teh WC he will be 21 and he would be third.fourth in the pecking order but the experince is what counts. in many ways yes wishfull thinking..

Your girlfriend is still complaining about that eh :)

21. El Sabio

El Sabio New Member

Jun 23, 2004
    Madison, WI
    Jaime Correa and Felipe Ayala? ;)

Yes they're good players, they get little press, but we are getting pretty wishful thinking they'll be there. As we know it seems to take forever for a player to establish himself in the minds of a DT (a least many DTs, I hope Kikin is an exception to this for Lavolpe) and on a national team that means friendly games of which there are relatively few. That means at least a few months. While it could happen I doubt these guys will get a look in from now to WC2006 although it could happen.

Having said that I certainly wouldn't mind seeing them tried at some point. For games like St Kitts and Nevis we should be trying totally experiemental sides, games where we can see these kind of guys. Sure its against crap opposition but it can show how they fit in in a seleccion atmosphere, and if le pesa la camiseta. At least it would be something.

On a similar note, just a thought always in my head...

We need a coach who is open to the idea you can have late bloomers (never on a menor seleccion) or have successes out of players who weren't part of your own "proceso" like the sub-23. Many good national team players around the world have come into the set-ups at 26,27 or later to make a big impact if only for 1 WC cycle or so. (slso some players with a great history lose it a little early in the late 20's or early 30s, and a coach needs to know how to let them go or bench them)

Bringing in Kikin was a start for Lavolpe in my mind, lets hope he opens his vision a little broader so he can see beyond the Chiquis's, and the Israel Lopez's and the people he has stuck to like fly tape, and open his mind to other possibilities, whether older or younger.

Well while we're at it, how about Erick Espinoza? He has what it takes potentially.

22. Hugo Sanchez

Hugo Sanchez Member+

Aug 21, 2003
    MEX2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    First of all, your fonts are annoying much like your pictures.

Second, no one's talking about height here. We're talking about LEVEL of suckiness. Opinions, yes. But what good has this goof done? He is out of form. He is lanky, clumsy and a risk in the backline of our national team. Let's end this potential talk. Potential isn't going to win us matches. And if height is such a parameter, we would've played La Girafa, Hermosillo and Mercado all these years.

Third, leave Impalido's cascarita career alone. I believe in him.

Hecho en Mexico = El Futuro del Tri

Didn't Carlos Ochoa pay his dues in the Los Angeles golden league? Look at him. He went on to play the Gold Cup and then suck it up nasty in Pamplona. Who's to say Impalido can't do the same?

Mendigo non-believer. No faith in Mexican talent. I'd never guess you were a Chivas fan, but an Americanista.

I underestimate your sneakiness.

Okay. Just answer my goddamn questions and skip the rhetoric. I hate all of you Mexican BS posters with these long detailed posts about nothing. Ya dejen de mamadas. That's why you've got me.

Sh!t.

Finer things in life.

Unbelievable.

What is Nery doing now? I like Gerardo and Santiago's attitudes as well, but what does that have to do with the latter's WC spot? I was cutting to the chase and saying that first these guys have to crack a spot, and then we'll discuss their availability in Germany.

Having fun yet?

23. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Que paso guey , despues me vas a decir que no estoy invitado al bbq :(

Height and level of play has him playing in the Mexican league with Chivas and has won him a spot in the Olympic team, is that not good enough for you. He is also a regular in the senior team. Now tell me which National team player doesnt make mistakes, even Dulio Davino sucks it up from time to time..

Im glad you brought this up. De Anda and Mercado are both slow and not as good on the ball as Maza yet both of these players got to play with el Tricolor. The height of these players is important especially when defending corner kicks and set plays. So you should begin to understand why Lavolpe has seen fit to polish Maza.

As talented as Mario Perez is at 179m (my height) he will have a very difficult time defending a header against a player as clumsy as Crasten Janker 193m who could score the match winner off a Corner kick, but Maza at 184 or 188m stands a better chance.

As for el Grandote de Cerro Azul didnt he score the majority of his goals off headers just as Abreu and even Pelaez, do you know what they all have in common. Do you think that if Borgetti wasnt 184m he would of scored that Golazo against Italy.

Ochoa was picked up from a College allstars vs Galaxatives practice match up and was taken to the Mexican league by Hermosillo who played for Galaxy at the time..

Talking out of your ass again. I have been following Alberto Medina since he was seventeen and Marco Parra since he was sixteen. I even followed up on Giovanny Dos Santos before Record and ESPN Deportes started writing articles on him..

Puff puff give, you are f'ing up the rotation..

Nery is still in Olympiacos playing alongside Rivaldo in the Champions league. To answer your question, players with attitude like Torrado and Santiago show more chracter and "ganas" which comes in handy when playing in important competitions, these players are less likely to give up or be overwhelmed by star players.

:) ;) :)

24. Hugo Sanchez

Hugo Sanchez Member+

Aug 21, 2003
    MEX2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Ay como estas p.en.dejo.

Most of your post was mindless banter as if I were some retard who doesn't know what's going on. I comment on Ochoa and you reply with a biography. Thanks for that info. I tell you don't look like a Chivas fan and you reply with your cred. as a follower of the youngins for x amount of years. I'm marvelled by your awesome display, VS.

You truly are King of Mexico BigSoccer.

When will you learn that you're not on opposing sides of a battle here? What's with all the unnecessary info?

I'm not your Americanista enemy here.

I don't agree with height being that much of a problem for our players when taking them into consideration for national team callups. Height and potential is a bunch of baloney. His level of play is not impressive. Where do you get this from?

I asked what Nery is doing, not where he's at or with who.

Thanks, VS.

Is he doing anything to merit a callup?

I'll just ignore the rest of your post.

25. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Pendejo !!! :confused:

Con las nalgas de tu Novia me emparejo :D :)