Csl 2010

Discussion in 'Canada' started by ottawasportsfan, Nov 7, 2009.

1. RedCoatsforever

Jun 10, 2008
    London, Ontario
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    This has DICK ALL to do with the CSL's 2010 season!

leave it out!

2. mak9

mak9 Member

May 21, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    it kind of does.... I was merely pointing out on the level of the game

I watch and play with these CSL players

bunch of young punks talk back to the coach, make unintelligent plays and not listening to the tactics

as I said before, CSL is more like youth league now a days

3. Polygong

Polygong Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Toronto
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    And your posts fit that mould nicely.

4. RedCoatsforever

Jun 10, 2008
    London, Ontario
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    I just honestly don't really see how they're young punks...or why I should believe the guy making exaggerated claims about who he does or doesn't play with... I've been to nine games this season, the players seem to take it seriously, play in position, and on some of the older clubs the teams have a lot of older players, from 22-35 and so on. London City is a prime example of that.

I've seen disciplined, positional play on par with some of the better MLS teams (obviously the individual players aren't near that skill level).

If you need further proof that the younger, more youth-based development style teams are functioning well and not struggling with discipline, go check the standings for:

Milltown FC
    Brantford Galaxy SC
    TFC Academy
    Hamilton Croatia
    York Region Shooters.

The other eight teams either aren't in as good position or they have fewer youth and more "mature" players.

5. TFC_MLS_2007

TFC_MLS_2007 New Member

Sep 16, 2010
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    I have season tickets to the Brantford Galaxy as well as Toronto FC, not
    once have i seen the Galaxy players or the CSL oppoinents talk back to
    the manager...Messi,Beckham,Rooney all make Unintelligent plays from time to time..they must be punks but your standard.. The CSL level has
    risen since i watched some games years ago..it now seems more focused
    on getting Canadian players better.

6. TFC_MLS_2007

TFC_MLS_2007 New Member

Sep 16, 2010
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Lucky for us?? we get Serbian White Eagles in the qtr finals of the CSL
    playoffs..first leg in Brantford next Tuesday night..Come on CSL Tuesdays?? This could be the big upset of the round..just having lost
    to the White Eagles 3-2 in Brantford last sunday. But the Galaxy defence need to be tight..SWE have a decent team.

7. RedCoatsforever

Jun 10, 2008
    London, Ontario
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    White Eagles are one of the perennial powers in the CSL. They've been winning the league on and off since it's rebirth as CPSL a few years back. That said, if Brantford can get a few quick goals and then start playing bunker style football they just might have a chance. They will have a definite advantage at home with about a thousand plus in attendance I predict, and playing on grass.

Centennial Stadium will be a different story as playing on carpet always complicates things.

Where did you get the Tuesday playoff date?

8. TFC_MLS_2007

TFC_MLS_2007 New Member

Sep 16, 2010
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
  9. TFC_MLS_2007

TFC_MLS_2007 New Member

Sep 16, 2010
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
  10. TFC_MLS_2007

TFC_MLS_2007 New Member

Sep 16, 2010
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada

what ever happens Brantford has had a great first year in the CSL,
    and playoff action to boot...i hope TFC is watching!! Go Galaxy

11. RedCoatsforever

Jun 10, 2008
    London, Ontario
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    On a side note, I think it's pure class that the club is letting people into the Wolves game free as a show of appreciation.

12. TFC_MLS_2007

TFC_MLS_2007 New Member

Sep 16, 2010
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada

i think so too..they did well at the gate this year..starting off at around 1500 for the first game....to an average overall of 600...not bad..for Brantford anyways.

13. RedCoatsforever

Jun 10, 2008
    London, Ontario
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    1500 wouldn't be bad for a fair number of third division clubs in England, if you think about it.

Brantford itself is like, 90,000 people? I'd say it's quite the draw.

14. TFC_MLS_2007

TFC_MLS_2007 New Member

Sep 16, 2010
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    for a shitty park, thats way out the way, no late night (after 6pm) bus service on game nights where ko is 7pm the Galaxy have done well..our 2 star players at the start of the season ended up going to play in the Cortia first division after which the team struggled to find form again..
    but they made the playoffs..its a whole new season.

15. RedCoatsforever

Jun 10, 2008
    London, Ontario
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    I had heard a lot of complaints about the field were being made preseason, the city hall had to pass an ordinance to improve it for play if memory serves correctly. Surprising they wouldn't have set up a bus near there.

Never heard about the two top guys, but it clears up the mid season slump...that threw me for a loop. Wish City could've played them then.

On a more generally CSL related note, London City is making a club structure change:

http://londoncity.ca/news2.php?news_id=301139

I'm debating applying for a member at large position, making a pitch to do some marketing, I dunno.

Anyhow...I know this thread doesn't see a lot of activity, but it'd be cool if we had a CSL board with a thread for each club and stuff...might help generate interest in the league.

16. TFC_MLS_2007

TFC_MLS_2007 New Member

Sep 16, 2010
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    yes a csl board...have not been banned from that yet!! :} yes get involved..the CSL needs all the help in can get..at least you can always say you help get Canadian footie and the right track...Our field is not bad
    except when it runs like against the Whie Eagles the night before, i put down the corner markers and the field just sank while walking on it and the keeper area was...BAD. Missed London Citys visit as i was at a TFC game..maybe next season...

17. RedCoatsforever

Jun 10, 2008
    London, Ontario
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    I had to give up my TFC Seats after 2008. Got too expensive, not complaining, I do recognize that prices go up and why, just couldn't afford the higher prices for tix, plus the higher prices for gas, and so on and so forth... It was about one and a quarter tanks to get to T.O. each time, so yeah...I do basically spend the night before tickets go on sale each preseason choosing a game or two and snapping up some tickets in the first like, twenty minutes they're on sale though. This season my seats are in the new section above the beer garden, nice view.

Back on topic, I really do find it strenuous to follow City, they lose so much. That said, I'll be sticking with them, my dad played for them, and I've gone to games since I was three. I do hope they get one more in the bag against TorCro, 20 points would be a nice little send off to the Harry Gauss tribute season.

Hey, look on the bright side, at least they don't cancel your games due to a "little" rain fall, and a s*** load of mud never hurt a game of footie. :p

18. TFC_MLS_2007

TFC_MLS_2007 New Member

Sep 16, 2010
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Brantford Galaxy 0 St Catharines Wolves 2

the least said about this home performance the better as the Galaxy lost
    to 10 Men Wolves and missed a penalty to boot..the attendance was around 200-300 which is poor on a night when fans were admiteed free :{
    but well done to the Galaxy management for the effort..maybe friday is not footie night in Brantford...

Good Luck to the Team in the Qtr finals vs Serbian White Eagles...!!!

19. TFC_MLS_2007

TFC_MLS_2007 New Member

Sep 16, 2010
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada

I hear you on the ticket prices..and the on field quality..i know most fans are pissed..i just think they need to give the club one more season before going ape shit on MLSE they said it was a 5 year plan, and next seaon is the 5th year so they have to produce.

20. RedCoatsforever

Jun 10, 2008
    London, Ontario
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    I get that, and I'm not complaining about ticket prices, I know why they go up and I'm okay with it, just couldn't afford them anymore, so I let 'em go. I still get two live games a season and I watch the rest on TV.

I imagine Brantford Galaxy were mailing it in a bit, they already have the playoff spot, and the more time spent focusing on White Eagles the better.

21. TFC_MLS_2007

TFC_MLS_2007 New Member

Sep 16, 2010
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada

yes they were mailing it...they used their reserve side..plus a couple of regulars..but you would thinks would be competitive enough to want to
    win the final regualr season game at home and give the club a winning record..tough on having to give up tickets..this team TFC will be something fans will be proud of sooner the later..keep that faith!!

22. TFC_MLS_2007

TFC_MLS_2007 New Member

Sep 16, 2010
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    2010 CSL playoffs qtr finals 1st leg

TORONTO CROATIA V YORK REGION SHOOTERS OCT 12

BRANTFORD GALAXY V SERBIAN WHITE EAGLES OCT 12

MILLTOWN FC V PORTUGAL FC OCT 12

TFC ACADAMY V FC HAMILTON CROATIA OCT 13

2NG LEG

pORTUGAL FC V MILLTOWN OCT 19

YORK REGION SHOOTERS V TORONTO CROATIA OCT 19

SERBIAN WHITE EAGLES V BRANTFOD GALAXY OCT 19

FC HAMILTON CROATIA V TFC ACADEMY OCT 19

THE LEAGUE WANTED TO AVOID THE CLASH BETWEEN THE WHITE EAGLES AND TORONTO CROATIA BUT NOT FORCING CROATIA TO PLAY ITS FINAL GAME AGAINST LONDON CITY..IF CROATIA AT WON THAT THEY WOULD HAVE FINISHED AHEAD OF THE BRANTFORD GALAXY AND PLAYED THE WHITE EAGLES...ANYONE SAYING FIX IS IN!!!

23. RedCoatsforever

Jun 10, 2008
    London, Ontario
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    So...Croatia forfitted? that's how we got that three points?

Lame.

Also, Toronto Croatia and Serbian White Eagles are to CSL as the
    United States and Mexico are to CONCACAF...it's going to be a while before anything changes on that front.

24. TFC_MLS_2007

TFC_MLS_2007 New Member

Sep 16, 2010
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    They said the game could not be made up...like come on.. they could have played it on the sunday. Its sad the CSL and Croatia and White Eagles came up with this fix..its like the WWE and Vince McMahon..:{
    sad days for Canadian soccer

25. RedCoatsforever

Jun 10, 2008
    London, Ontario
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    I hope they both get dropped in the Quarters, I'm fine with the ethnic clubs being in the league, but I definitely can't stand them winning the championship.

Here's hoping it's MFC, Shooters or Galaxy!