Cruz Azul: C.Delgado+L.Figueroa=$25 million

Discussion in 'Mexico' started by AMEPUNKANIST, Nov 15, 2004.

1. AMEPUNKANIST

AMEPUNKANIST Member+

Dec 16, 2003
    Club:
    America Propria
  2. Makaveli 13

Makaveli 13 New Member

Jul 23, 2004
    > Both great players also <

3. diabouloussataneus

diabouloussataneus New Member

Apr 7, 2004
    Talk about how much are teams are willing to pay for argentinos.

4. gvfatlas

gvfatlas Member

Oct 6, 2004
    GDL
    Club:
    CF Atlas Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Does anybody know aproximately how much Cruz Azul originally paid for Chelito and Figueroa?

5. smartbomb

smartbomb Member

Jul 25, 2004
    Club:
    Club Tigres de la UANL
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Around 5 million for both.

Yes, BOTH :eek:

6. metalmaster

metalmaster Member+

Jul 7, 2004
    In the wrong hood
    Club:
    Hakoah Maccabi Ramat Gan

I hate to see it happen but, if some teams are offering 15mil for Delgado alone
    that's an offer hard to pass on. Heck of a return on their investment, plus what they are being offered for Figueroa, I think they will sell them both.

7. DNA

DNA Member

Jul 4, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Cruz Azul the investment machine

I know that C.A. has a lot of money but hey that wouldn't be a bad way to make more, think about it if they keep buying players like figuroa and delgado for small amounts of money they can invest and sell each for three times of what they paid for for both. Even though they didn't even do that great this season, can you imagine what some clubs would be offering if they would be playing even better? Not a bad way to invest.

8. metalmaster

metalmaster Member+

Jul 7, 2004
    In the wrong hood
    Club:
    Hakoah Maccabi Ramat Gan
    Re: Cruz Azul the investment machine

Well, I think the reason those two players are in demand is not because of what they did in Cruz Azul, but more for getting called up to Copa America and the Olympics and how they did in those tournaments.

9. Don Boppero 3000

Don Boppero 3000 DNALMQNLGLLMX!

Jan 15, 2001
    The Fullerton Hotel Chicago
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

Hopefully some of the other teams see this and move towards this type of investment. Club America I'm talking to you!

10. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001

America has been doing this for a long time now.

Remember that list that came out in Reforma about 3 years ago and America had the most foreigners and players on thier roster? Then the following year, Morelia had more? 4 teams are after Rojas and that means more $.

Morelia also does this. When Commizzo and Buljubasich went to River Plate, Morelia loaned them out.

For example, Ricardo Rojas is still owned by America and are making money off of them.

11. Don Boppero 3000

Jan 15, 2001
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

But are they making millions of these players? $25 million dollars is enough to make a whole lot $hit happen. I realize that it's not everyday that players like Delgado and Figueroa come around but it happens often enough.

12. metalmaster

metalmaster Member+

Jul 7, 2004
    In the wrong hood
    Club:
    Hakoah Maccabi Ramat Gan

I don't think that America or Morelia are making the kind of profit loaning out players that Cruz Azul can make just by selling Delgado. 15mill on a 2.5 mil investment. Those are some cool gains if you ask me (12.5 mil) not bad return for a year.

13. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001

well, duh, but loaning can be just as effective because its cash flow

Navia is 25. This season his worth went down, but a good season with America and a good WCQ considering Chile advances... his worth goes up.

I seriously doubt that they will get that much for those 2.

14. Machetazo

Machetazo Member

Mar 20, 2002
    L.A.
    C. Delgado is probably worth what they are asking for him but that pos Figueroa certaintly isn't. They should sell him right away. They would come away like bandits when he chokes in Spain just like he did in England and then they can get him back on the cheap. ;)

15. metalmaster

metalmaster Member+

Jul 7, 2004
    In the wrong hood
    Club:
    Hakoah Maccabi Ramat Gan

I tend to doubt that Figueroa is worth 10 mil, Delgado 15mil? doubt it too, but I think that article said there were offers for him for that much. As far as America's cash flow from loaning players, that is probalbly negativly offset by the losses on Dalminha and Lopez, (when and if they get rid of el piojo)

16. sangreazul

sangreazul Member

Nov 17, 2003
    Belmont, CA
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  17. changoguapo

changoguapo New Member

Mar 11, 2004
    Bakersfield, Cali.
    i ve been out of contact since i had finals at school but is it set? Is Figueroa part of Villareal now? I thought Cruz Azul was only (or so they said) willing to sell them as a package not individually.

18. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
  19. Rudy R9

Rudy R9 New Member

Aug 12, 2004
    Estadio Azteca
    I hope C.A just gets a quality mexican player with those 3.9 million. Does anyone know who that could be?

20. jlscrub

jlscrub New Member

Jul 9, 2004
    Toronto
    I think chelito and luciano are quality players. Thats why I cnat figure out why cruz azul sucked this year. Personally I would like to see chelito go to America.

21. Don Boppero 3000

Jan 15, 2001
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

Has anyone heard that rumor yet? :D

22. changoguapo

changoguapo New Member

Mar 11, 2004
    Bakersfield, Cali.
    The offense for Cruz Azul, was not usually the problem. Injuries, defense, and "conejo" Perez were the problem. As far America is concerned, its always rumored that every expensive player go to America at least once in their career in mexico.