Cristiano Ronaldo - 'O Nosso Prodígio' Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Portugal' started by Força Sporting, Nov 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    I agree with you. Man U will be back in a couple of years

2. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    You need a CB for that crap Silvestre. I suggest Jorge Andrade.

3. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
  4. jec1

jec1 Member

Sporting Clube de Portugal
    Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    maybe so but getting all those players may cost big bucks....andrade would fit perfectly....

but as far as the scond half goes chelsea would have to lose 4 straight so man u can get back in the hunt....

also cristiano ronaldo will have a spark in the second half of the season. :)

5. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
  6. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
  7. Susiem

Susiem New Member

Dec 9, 2004
    Montreal
    No offense but in this case, I think they did him a favor.

I HATE seeing guys dripping in Jewelry.

I love him to pieces but can someone please tell him ( and every other celebrity) that for every diamond he wears, some child in Sierra Leone and Angola, lost an arm for that vanity.

8. TO DEVILS

TO DEVILS Member

Jun 10, 2005
    Canada
    The question begs to be asked....what's next??? A chip tooth????

9. TO DEVILS

TO DEVILS Member

Jun 10, 2005
    Canada
    So what are you going to do when the man of your dreams goes down on one knee and gives you a diamond engagement ring?????

Call him a killer, and tell him the story of Babu from Sierra Leone????

10. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I certainlty understand what you are saying susiem. But its wasnt like he wore chain apon chains of jewelery. He just had those 2 diamond earings, thats all I really everysaw him with.

Also dont forget that he lives with his mother and sister. So alot of the jewelry might have been thiers as well. Maybe gifts....you never know.

11. Susiem

Susiem New Member

Dec 9, 2004
    Montreal
    Canadian or Australian diamond, antique ring....or none at all.

Sorry, I try to live a cruelty free life and I dont need a rock on my hand whose illegal sale is still fueling civil wars in Africa and caused this.

Its a diamond, you dont need it to live.

[​IMG]

12. TO DEVILS

TO DEVILS Member

Jun 10, 2005
    Canada
    I hear you man, the guy had to work hard for 2 days to be able to buy those, nevermind the fact that they are probably insured. Why these things always happen to poor people :rolleyes:

13. TO DEVILS

TO DEVILS Member

Jun 10, 2005
    Canada
    Is that Buba???? Do you have any Nike, Adidas or LV stuff????

Or do you just wear home made rags, out of vegetable fabric???

14. Susiem

Susiem New Member

Dec 9, 2004
    Montreal
    Its not funny Devil.

I try to stay away from as much third world slave labor as possible (isnt always) and all the name brands I do seem to have are high end and made in Europe.

And you are mixing apples and oranges.

With clothes and shoes, which you need cause no one is going to go around naked, its very hard but possible to find things that are sweatshop free.

But a diamond is not essential to life.

It serves absolutely no purpose and "the diamonds is forever/ Girls best friend line" is De Beers marketing at its best.

Cristiano is a good kid and like someone said, Im sure everything is insured and he will see no loss...but in this day and age, you cant plead stupidity and ignorance and act like you dont know where those rocks came from....

....and in six months time cheer Angola at WC.

Its a bit like being a hypocrite isnt it?

Sorry.

But its one of the few subjects I actually care about seeing as I am a girl and this ******** started to happen AFTER Portugal left Angola.

15. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Wow....The diamond trade began after Portugal left. Thats kind of ironic and scary at the same time. The world we live in is truly messed up....

16. TO DEVILS

TO DEVILS Member

Jun 10, 2005
    Canada
    Alright, left me raise my sleeves to answer this one:

First i don't cheer for any other country than Portugal, we covered this topic in the Pet Peeve thread already.....you can read it if you want.

I don't like to look at it as Child Slavery or Child Labour....i look at it as Capitalism or Making a living!!! If you ask your dad (i know mine did) he had to work since the age of 8 to provide for his 8 borthers and sisters, it wasn't in a diamond mine, but it was making fishing nets. In third world countries they don't have the luxuries we do, a child is forced to work so that his younger brothers, mother and or sisters can survive.

So if by buying some Nike shoes i am feeding Babu in Angola i am helping her more than hurting. Child labour in those countries is unavoidable....same way it was in Portugal.

I am trying to save the world one pair of Nikes at the time...after all my name is Devils, not Angels ;)

17. Susiem

Susiem New Member

Dec 9, 2004
    Montreal
    Maybe I didnt make it clear....people arent dying working in the mines and what not.

Different Rebel groups are fighting over control of diamond mines and raid villages, chopping off peoples limbs as an act of intimidation, in order to accomplish this. No one is benifitting but thugs.

You buy a diamond and you have ensured that the civil war will last just a little longer....

And I read the thread but unfortunately couldnt respond before it was locked.

18. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    WTF??? Stay on Topic people :p or Forca and GoodDead are gonna pay you a visit

19. Susiem

Susiem New Member

Dec 9, 2004
    Montreal
    Sorry Mods. :eek:

20. TO DEVILS

TO DEVILS Member

Jun 10, 2005
    Canada
    DIDO!!!

21. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Eminem ;)

So what's goign on with CRON these days

22. ChopSoccerDude

Dec 3, 2004
    New Jersey
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    not sure, but one thing we're all assured: he's being a little more selective, I suppose!

23. TO DEVILS

TO DEVILS Member

Jun 10, 2005
    Canada
    Sorry i meant Dildo master of grammer and gramitical errors. :D

CRON is on the down low, since his crib was jacked, he decided to call 5.0. and rat on the wankstas that did him wrong...WORD!!!!

24. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    He gots no worries with all that chedda

25. TO DEVILS

TO DEVILS Member

Jun 10, 2005
    Canada
    See, See!!!!

If it don make dollas then it don make sense!!!