Cristiano Ronaldo - 'O Nosso Prodígio' Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Portugal' started by Força Sporting, Nov 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Just asked about this "confrontation" in the Manchester United forums and they said that the incident was reported in the Sun. From what I understand the Sun is a very unrealiable source...

2. jec1

jec1 Member

Sporting Clube de Portugal
    Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Remember he is also pending a suspension>ronaldo is in big trouble:eek:

Cristiano Ronaldo, Manchester United's Portuguese winger, has appealed against his controversial red card in the derby defeat by Manchester City on Saturday. His claim for wrongful dismissal, which has been endorsed by his club, will be heard by a Football Association panel today.

Referee Steve Bennett clearly took the view that Ronaldo had shown intent to injure an opponent when lunging at Andy Cole, the former United striker who managed to avoid making contact with the raised studs.

Ronaldo's case will presumably be based on the fact that he missed Cole with the challenge, which came only seconds after a late tackle by City full-back Stephen Jordan on Ronaldo had gone unpunished.

3. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I swear sometimes it appear sometimes that everyone in England hates Ronaldo.

4. jec1

jec1 Member

Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Im starting to hate him really forget that he is portuguese.

he lacks discilpline and is a whiner.The scuffle with ruud did happen and it was said to be a little fight and an attitude adjustment.

Even when a fan wanted him to sign something he turn his back.

Ronaldo has to change because right now i think he has a serious mental problem and I don't blame him from what happened last year it's hard to move on especially when he was so close to his dad and everybody on his dick.

5. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I dont think he lacks discpline. He does get winny sometimes IN game(Those weird dances, and the pleading to the ref) But off the field he is always quite, never complains about the refs. Jec you cant forget that hes Portuguese, his name is Ronaldo. He will rise again...Espically in the World Cup

6. jec1

jec1 Member

Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Joelzinho if you were in his shoes you would be a egomanial playboy.

I can imagine that you would have a big ego.

7. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Ronaldo already bring in alot of girlies....
    I think I would remain humble, espically if I grew up in the same conditions that he did. But my farther spanked me, and I have been through some of life lessons. Certainly the money and fame would change me, but I think I would still be quite humble.

8. Atlantic-Pearl

Atlantic-Pearl New Member

Dec 2, 2005
    were you the fan? when portugal went to ireland for the friendly, ronaldo was one of the very few portuguese players who came out to sign autographs for others, this was posted on a board by a girl who got his autograph.
    i for one have to come to learn that people sometimes make up such things just to create a negative image.i doubt it has to do with his ego.it's more 'cause of him being fed up with everything that's going on in his life right now.i have days when i dont even feel like being nice to my parents, and imagine someone as famous as him having to deal with family,teammates,press, fans etc., it takes its toll after a while.you don't know if the scuffle was started by ruud or not.why are you automatically blaming ronaldo? and how about putting yourself in his shoes and having the referee ignore crippling tackles on you match after match? he doesnt go swearing and cursing at referees, he whines.big deal.
    ronaldo is a good kid, but it seems like the british media (with all their negative coverage) and now his own portuguese people are going out of their way to criticise everything he does and create this image of a self centred, egoistic, spoilt, arrogant 20 year old.give the guy a break.

9. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I am an avid Cristiano Ronaldo supports and will always support him, even if sometimes he stays on the ground too long....;)

10. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
  11. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    they just don't like the kid in England, he would be better with Juventus or Valencia, he would play for a real team, Manchester United depend on 3 or 4 players the rest are just crap.

12. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I think Rooney and Ronaldo could led them to all sorts of titles in time. I will say this. If Sir Alex Ferguson is forced out of Manchester United. I would want Ronaldo to make a change in teams.

13. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ

they only got room for one, let theme keep Rooney,
    this is good for Portugal, 3 more games for Ronaldo to get is rest.

14. jec1

jec1 Member

Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    And to clear his mind and I think this is for the best he will need it,

Bottom line he needs something like this to really get a glimpse of reality.

Who cares if everyone hates him he has a job to do and he should prove people wrong and get there respect.How do you do that?

By winning championships and trophies:D

15. JuveleoRules

JuveleoRules Member

Jun 8, 2002
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Granted the Red Card was justified, I am not sure that a 3 game suspension is. I watch every Man U game, (my son is a huge Ronaldo and Giggs fan) Game after Game Cristiano endures violent tackle after violent tackle and usually there are no repurcussions to the defenders.

There is a clear Bias against the kid for whatever reason, (maybe from his initial season were he went to ground a bit too quick) but he has since grown and matured into a very gifted player. He gets booed in every stadium he plays in, but yet Rooney who is twice the whiner that Ronaldo is still gets all the praise. Equally RVN is another whiner and they press can't say enough good things about him.

He should leave Man U and England, and the only ones that will lose will be Man U and the English fans as they will no longer see one of the best players in the World play on their stage.

16. saosebastiao

saosebastiao New Member

May 22, 2005
    He should leave and join the club that gets to kick MU out of the CL next year.

17. marco goncalves

marco goncalves New Member

Apr 29, 2002
    Boston

The rumours are already flying in England that he may leave Mu at the end of the season.Mu wont let him go for less that 20 something million tough...I think he would be a better player in Spain.....

18. Quaresma2020

Quaresma2020 Member

Mar 29, 2004
    Ottawa,Ontario
    I was just over in the manu thread and they are saying that Ronaldo is trying to be rooney by taking wild free kicks, taking shots from out of no where, and having a bad temper... That is just dumb... I honestly started laughing and getting mad at the same time.... As if Ronaldo want's to be like Rooney.. PLEASE!!!!!! The more and more I read in that forum I just can't believe some of those supporters bad mouth Ronaldo.. I hope he leaves Manu and goes to a team that will acutally win something.!!! and not have hot head players try to beat him up.. (and if ronaldo and ruud got into a fight ronaldo is taller and lenkie he ruin ruud...) :p

ps. Can you imagine if Quaresma was at Man U last year when he had a hot head?? Man enlgish papers would have a field day with that... But Quaresma looks crazy...I think he can do alot of damage!!!

19. ronnie86

ronnie86 New Member

Apr 10, 2005
    Man UTD problem is Ferguson. MAn UTD are to affraid to get ride of him. AS for Ronaldo, he should leave and go to a country and club that appreciates some skill. Ronaldo is too good for this average Man UTD team.

20. jec1

jec1 Member

Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
  21. ronnie86

ronnie86 New Member

Apr 10, 2005
    what annoys me is when Man U win its because of Ferguson and Rooney, when they lose Queiros and Ronaldo are blamed. It doesnt mattter whether Ronaldo plays well or bad he will always be blamed for a loss and Rooney will not get blamed. Ive had my rant...:)

22. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    Queiroz his dumb for staying at MU, everybody else would had quit long time ago,

Benfica my be able to arrange a loan with a option to buy, that's the only place we could use some help. It will be nice to see him at the Benfica Cathedral, with the game with Liverpool and tickets going for 200 dollars its easy to get the money back and pay to MU, also money if Benfica can't hold to Simao.

I know Ronaldo can't play in this year championship.

Benfica is a team on the way up, and MU is made of a couple stars, everybody else are average players, the only players at MU the can play for Benfica are Ronaldo and Rooney, everybody else will be subs at Benfica, Nistelrooy in the portuguese league will do nothing because of small teams physical players.

23. jec1

jec1 Member

Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Very true,But ronaldo in a benfica jersey i don't see it happening.

All I can say is they are treating ronaldo like a worthless piece of shite and with man u not winning another trophy the pressure is mounting.

I hope he stays with man u but he knows his style is not suited in the epl.

24. Aveirenses

Aveirenses Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Guardiolunya
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I can't help but have myself a chuckle over some of the things you guys are writing.

Where are the rumors about Anderson, Luisao and Karagounis leaving?

It happens in all teams, Ronaldo won't leave just because of a scuffle with Nistelrooy, bank on that. I can say for sure, however, that this sort of thing wouldn't have happened with Roy Keane still at the club, and I think it's a big blow to United to not have someone to do the dirty work on the pitch and to keep everyone in line in training.