Cristiano Ronaldo is STILL the best young player in the world

Discussion in 'Portugal' started by biggyv, Dec 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. King Rooney

King Rooney New Member

Jul 29, 2004
    Leicester
    yes the mighty braga, i'm scared already

2. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    we just want Chelsea, Porto with a new team still won 2-1

3. King Rooney

King Rooney New Member

Jul 29, 2004
    Leicester
    chelsea were already thru, but still nice goal from diego

4. deco_#10

deco_#10 Member

Mar 22, 2004
    Montreal
    Hey idiot... have u ever seen Ronaldo play? Did u see him vs Russia a team that did make Euro 2004 in the WCQ? I believe he is the top scorer in WCQ... I also remember Ronaldo last season when he was at the top... where was Rooney last season? You are saying we're biased but we're talking to a guy who call himself King Rooney... lol. Your argements are completelty idiotic... ppl compare to ronaldo becuz they don't like him, i bet most of those threads are pointing out ronaldo's weaknesses and the other player's strengths. Yeah... I'm going to compare Joe cole with Ronaldinho becuase I don't like Joe Cole... Please , don't come up with reasons why you think all young players are being compared to ronaldo. Ok, I might have said Rooney's not good but what I really mean is Rooney is not what everyone makes him out to be... kind of like Beckham.

5. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    Fox Sports world repeating the game at these time, they in the 10m

6. PassItOn

PassItOn New Member

Dec 29, 2004
    NJ
    Soccer is not just about scoring, somebody has to give the assist.
    Cristiano is a creater, with potential of being the best playmaker in the world, not the best goal scorer in the world. So in reality your comparing apples to oranges.

7. Portoholic

Portoholic New Member

Sep 4, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Excellent point. Ronaldo has in many games this year been the architect of some goals and has had some bad luck on not scoring others. Today he finally got the benefit of some beautiful set-ups and work from Giggs. You could see the confidence in Ronaldo's eyes again. They are starting to go in and I feel sorry for EPL teams everywhere. Today the much hyped Ashley Cole looked ordinary.

By the way, I think Wayne Rooney is a very good young player who can still be even better, but him and Ronaldo are different types of players that play different positions. Ronaldo is in my opinion a better all-around talent that can do a lot more on the pitch as far as creating for his team-mates and also capitalizing on his own. Rooney however will probably score on some of the misses Ronaldo has gotten this year. When both players are at their best, Ronaldo is better.

8. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    Ronaldo goal on a great passed by Giggs

with the left foot

9. Força Sporting

Sep 29, 2002
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    I am reading all of these posts about people comparing Ronaldo and Rooney...they are 2 totally different types of players. CR is a playmaker, Rooney is a goalscorer. We are comparing apples and oranges. ROoney is there to score; CR is there to help him do just that. If CR scores (2 goals against Arsenal today :) ), then it's a bonus. If Rooney helps set-up a goal, then that's a bonus too. Christ, people, can't we all just get along?! ;)

10. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    Ronaldo birthday on Sunday will be 20

I mean the White Pearl

11. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    second goal, he had to run for about 50 yards to get to the ball, he scored again with his left

he also assisted on the first goal

12. King Rooney

King Rooney New Member

Jul 29, 2004
    Leicester
    i'll reply to other posts 2morrow but the first goal was an assist by rooney

13. PassItOn

PassItOn New Member

Dec 29, 2004
    NJ
    You don't need to insult people to get your point across. He came on to a Portuguese board, and posted. He never insulted anyone excecpt our league, but he was a bit harsh on the comment. He'll eventually realise that the Portuguese league is probably the 3rd or 4th best in Europe. Leagues are not about European head to head, who would've said that FCP would win th CL, and WC. English teams haven't done well in the EUFA, but don't take credit away from the, they have a very exciting league. Eventhough a portuguese is there showing them how to be a champion.

14. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    The white Pearl only played in 70m, he was the sacrifice lamb for Silvestre red card,

even when Ronaldo get's sub, he got class, he don't mind doing for the team, I saw Carlos Queiros the assistant coach for MU been very involved with Ferguson decisions

15. PassItOn

PassItOn New Member

Dec 29, 2004
    NJ
    It' Saturday 2/5, I'm Sunday except I'm much older. Best of Luck CR.

16. deco_#10

deco_#10 Member

Mar 22, 2004
    Montreal
    Buddy he started by calling me an idiot when he has no idea what he's talking about...

17. PAUL SILVA

PAUL SILVA New Member

Aug 4, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    That's three great performances in a row for the White Pearl. He has got Manu flying right now. CL opponents beware.

I'm not sure there is a better player in the world right now!

Nice to see Ronaldo match Rooney's heroics and score two of his own, in addition to being a force the ENTIRE 70 min.

18. Filho do Dragão

Filho do Dragão New Member

Feb 29, 2004
    Uma Nação
    Along the same lines, can't Cristiano R be happy that he scored two goals and not jaw off with some fans behind the net? Nah, I'm just playing with you. ;) :D

19. Força Sporting

Sep 29, 2002
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Rooney made a pass to Giggs, who in turn gave the ball to CR, who scored. Rooney was part of the play that led to a goal was not the actual assist man. :cool:

20. ChopSoccerDude

Dec 3, 2004
    New Jersey
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I think he's talking about the 1st goal (Giggs') and he is correct, assisted by Rooney. Giggs had a great game, 1 goal and assisted both Ronaldo's goals... if it wasn't for Ronaldo, Giggs would get my vote for Player of the Match

21. NoNameBoys

NoNameBoys New Member

Apr 28, 2004
    A Catedral
    No I'm not. I never suggested, in that post or another, that he doesn't dive. Saying Ronaldo doesn't dive would be like saying Rooney doesn't have an anger problem. :D

22. JuveleoRules

JuveleoRules Member

Jun 8, 2002
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Why are you guys still exchanging barbs with a kid that obviously doesn't know the game but is fascinated by a certain youngster. He has proved his point, he is in love with Rooney......

Ronaldo showed yesterday why he is the best young player in the world. In a huge game for both teams he cam up the biggest....

The second goal was all hustle and I did not see any other Man U player still working the area....

If not for the Red Card to Silvestre, Ronaldo would have been on his way to a hat trick....

Rooney, the song remains the same....alot of anger and not too much football when it mattered....he needs to grow up like some that post on this thread....

23. King Rooney

King Rooney New Member

Jul 29, 2004
    Leicester
    i'm going to leave this thread now, i'm getting bored with it. to deco10 u are obviously saying that i am obsessed with rooney becuz of my name, the fact is ur name is deco10 so u make up ur own mind if ur an idiot. everything else is my opinion and at no point did i say ronaldo was a bad player, just needs to improve on crossing and descisions and i still think rooney is better.

goodbye........... :(

24. biggyv

biggyv Member

May 18, 2000
    PGH PA
    I'm closing the thread. You people just don't want to play nice.