Cristiano Ronaldo is STILL the best young player in the world

Discussion in 'Portugal' started by biggyv, Dec 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QuaresmaRonaldo

QuaresmaRonaldo New Member

Aug 23, 2004
    I must admit, Rooney, when he's on his game, is a force to be reckoned with. He has a decent shot, decent speed, and is a decent ball-handler. But Cristiano Ronaldo is the more skilled player with the bigger upside.

Can you imagine If ManU had contracted Robben.
    With the quintuple-R connection - Ruud, Rooney, Ronaldo, Robben, and Rio
    plus Alan Smith, Saha, Giggs, Scholes, Keane, Fletcher, P. Neville, Heinze, Fortune, Silvestre, Brown, G. Neville....MANU would be the best club my a landslide. AC MILAN, BARCA, JUVENTUS, CHELSEA wouldnt be able to touch it.

2. PAUL SILVA

PAUL SILVA New Member

Aug 4, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    oh yeah he is definately a top ten young player in the world.

3. Ibranco

Ibranco New Member

Jun 30, 2004
    Kingston, Canada
    Cristiano played 72 mins today against middlesborough in the Fa cup. All of his tricks came off today and he grabbed an assist on the first goal. Overall a good performance.

4. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
  5. King Rooney

King Rooney New Member

Jul 29, 2004
    Leicester
    i was going to come on here to gloat about rooney today, just to piss u off, but i see that u have swallowed your pride now and agreed that rooney is a good player, u know i always said that ronaldo was good.

but still 2 amazing goals today (not pissing wiv u, just gotta say they were hot)

6. QuaresmaRonaldo

QuaresmaRonaldo New Member

Aug 23, 2004
    Rooney is a talent...any soccer fan who's seen him play knows this. But...I believe there is a bigger upside with Cronaldo. But who knows with these young kids!

7. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    Rooney don't even come in conversation, they two diffent players, two different positions, just some Rooney fans been jealous of the White Pearl

8. Roy Da Silva

Roy Da Silva New Member

Sep 24, 2003
    Vancouver Canada
    Both Ronney and Ronaldo were awesome in Manchester Utd 3-0 win in the Fa Cup

9. JuveleoRules

JuveleoRules Member

Jun 8, 2002
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Your true colors shine through....but we have much too much class to fall into that trap...but nice try....

10. United Forever

Apr 16, 2004
    Barbados
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Barbados
    They are both exceptional talents different type player and play for Man United so you all can argue all you want! :p

11. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    you guys got the R boys

Benfica got the N boys

12. United Forever

Apr 16, 2004
    Barbados
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Barbados
    Frank, may I ask who are the N boys?! :confused:

13. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    Nuno Gomes and the new arrived from V Guimaraes Nuno Assis :)

14. PAUL SILVA

PAUL SILVA New Member

Aug 4, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    Two nice goals yes. Rooney is a scorer no doubt about that, but there is no real quality to the rest of his game. I know he's only 19 but most of his passing, playmaking abilities and positional play/defence were just average and at times horrible against Midd.

Ronaldo may never be the scorer Rooney will be (in the EPL), but Ronaldo is the more complete player even for ManU. For NT Ronaldo is even better than he has played for ManU, he scores at will and you see the full spectrum of his game. Have you seen any of Portugal's WC qualifiers?

Keep in mind that Ronaldo is the foreigner adapting to the English game. Rooney has never played a game outside of England. I wonder how Rooney would do playing in Spain or Italy even Portugal. It's conceivable that Rooney wouldn't be as effective based on his style. Ronaldo has already shown at a very young age that he can succeed at all levels and it's obvious he would succeed in any league in the world.

But I have to admit those were nice goals by Rooney.

15. King Rooney

King Rooney New Member

Jul 29, 2004
    Leicester
    i watched the game and ur summary of his performance is wrong, rooney got into good positions, defended well, attacked well and was overall very good. he had 1 or 2 terrible shots on goal but he made up for that.

this whole post is bias u say ronaldo would be a success in another league whereas rooney wouldn't, what do u base this on? ronaldo has only played in 2 leagues hasn't he? i accept and respect that ronaldo is adapting but so is rooney he has only been playing for 2 seasons and in his 1st season didn't play much also didn't start much last year. if u watch the game again and watch rooney u will see that ur summary is wrong, tell me when ronaldo did anything significant in the game, he made an 'assist' (took a deflection) and when he went off man utd and the game improved, he did some good tricks but this is my critisism, he does these tricks and they get him nowhere, everyone figured him out after 2 or 3 games.

again i'm not saying he is a bad player but to say he is better than rooney, especially when u say he is a much better player! surely even u must see that rooney is special. he and ronaldo are 2 of the best young players if not the best but in another thread y doesn't it mention c.ronaldo? its called ''rooney, tevez, robinho'' i think. c.ronaldo isn't that respected outside portugal because he lacks precise passing and crossing, rooney is respected because he can finish his moves, but also he is a 'figure of fun' due to his shrek-like-looks and this is all ppl have to say against him (apart from his temprement). if c.ronaldo wants to be taken seriously he needs to stop diving and work on his distribution.

16. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    if his not respected how come he made the European team of the month and the World team of the year

17. JuveleoRules

JuveleoRules Member

Jun 8, 2002
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    18 and still learning, you I mean not Rooney....

Talk about a Bias....this is an old record that is playing the same song....

Rooney had a great game, but Ronaldo had an even better one. And as for that thread on the other board witht the names of three so called "great youth players"....it is found in World Rivalries...enuff said....

18. United Forever

Apr 16, 2004
    Barbados
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Barbados
    I dont think Ronaldo had a better game but both of them had scorchers so you guys could stop arguing. BOTH are exceptional talents and play TWO tottally different positions.

19. JuveleoRules

JuveleoRules Member

Jun 8, 2002
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Believe me it's not an arguement....

And your opinion is noted....

Quite frankly I am just surprised he hasn't just started a Rooney thread and written his opinions there....

20. Roy Da Silva

Roy Da Silva New Member

Sep 24, 2003
    Vancouver Canada
    Ronaldo was awesome yesterday in the F.A Cup

21. The Potter

The Potter Member+

Aug 26, 2004
    England
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

That is bollocks you sound just as ignorant as whose people who say C.Ronaldo can't header and always fails on his crosses. Your as bad as each other. :mad:

22. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    let's hope his healthy for the game with Slovakia, C Ronaldo been our leader, special after the departure of Figo and Rui Costa, and his got 5 important goals, the only tied game was when Scolari took him out with us leading 2-0, what happens we tied 2-2, I think Scolari learn his lesson
    http://www.abola.pt/mundial/2006/index.asp?op=jogos

23. leafster

leafster New Member

Jul 21, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    Ronaldo with 2 goals against Arsenal. The kid is in form!!

24. NoNameBoys

NoNameBoys New Member

Apr 28, 2004
    A Catedral
    The same thing happened last year. He was so-so before the Christmas break but came back after a short rest (like this year) and tore it up in the last half of the season. Hopefully, it will continue like this again this season.

25. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    if any englishmen come's in here and bash's the kid, we are going to make theme fell like s.h.i.t.