Cristiano Ronaldo is STILL the best young player in the world

Discussion in 'Portugal' started by biggyv, Dec 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. biggyv

biggyv Member

May 18, 2000
    PGH PA
    Here we go, please continue the discussion here.

2. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Congrats Roy on starting a thread that would become too big for the board to handle. And BTW Christiano Ronaldo is The Best Young Player in The World!

3. CrisRicHeldTiago

CrisRicHeldTiago New Member

Sep 13, 2004
    1200 posts....crazy...20,000 views...madness

4. JuveleoRules

JuveleoRules Member

Jun 8, 2002
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    And they said it couldn't be done. I wonder if any other player has drawn so much attention?

Even Maradona and Pele don't have threads like this:cool:

I hope he continues his development. And by the way he has the best attitude I have seen in a while from a young player. Did anyone see what he did after he scored the 3rd Man U goal on Sat. Nothing, thats right no celebration. Probably thinking to himself that he should have done that earlier in the game. Not to mention the emotion he showed at the end of the EURO 2004 Final. Not many players of his caliber would have stayed on the field and shown his emotion for losing the way he did. Even Figo, (who I idolize) when substituted walked off the field pouting like a little child.

All these things contribute to why he IS the best young player in the World.

5. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    I have to agree

6. Roy Da Silva

Roy Da Silva New Member

Sep 24, 2003
    Vancouver Canada
    He played the full time in Man U 3-0 Loss to the Turkish side.

7. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    they played with a bunch of nobody's against a powerful turkish team ;)

8. jec1

jec1 Member

Sporting Clube de Portugal
    Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    cr should get an award do they have awards for so many hits on a forum wow! i predict another 12.000 threads again.

9. Roy Da Silva

Roy Da Silva New Member

Sep 24, 2003
    Vancouver Canada
    Let"s keep it going folks let's try to close this one down as well.

10. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    24 horas newspaper, they have a article with Alex Ferguson saying that Ronaldo learn not to dive :confused: his already playing the MU style

11. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    I've been tough on Ronaldo (he's not NEARLY direct enough), but to be fair to him, he has been diving considerably less this year. Good for him.
    Once he realizes that his stepovers allow trailing defenders to catch up to counterattacks I think he'll be a really effective player. He goes for the spectacular far too often.

12. jec1

jec1 Member

Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    i think is called a learning process. he rarely dives so i dont know what your talking about and stepovers are an essential part of his regiment he fools the defenders and they being caught in a position where 2 or 3 defenders are in his path so an open player for man u is a target so he does alot of the little things. i agree he sometimes does stupid things like not shooting at the right times and passing behind him . but the kid is still in development but the kid will gradual be a superstar just like cassano will til he moves to real or barca.

13. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    I watch yesterday's game, and the kid needs a rest, two years basically with no vacation its a lot to take, Ferguson going to send the kid to Madeira for a two week vacation.

14. JuveleoRules

JuveleoRules Member

Jun 8, 2002
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Last year at this time Sir Alex did give him about a 2 week break to go back to Portugal and vacation a bit.

He will probably do the same this year, since the CL doesnt start back up until March and they have more than enough talent to take them through the EPL.

15. christosap

christosap New Member

Jul 12, 2004
    adelaide
    i thought he was excellent vs fulham, he missed out on scoring by a whisker and showed a lot of heart and worked hard.

16. Portoholic

Portoholic New Member

Sep 4, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Cristiano seems to be getting a lot of heat from his team-mates recently. I hate to say it, but after watching this match, I must admit that at times his team-mates did have very good reason to be upset with him. Decision-making was quite awful.

Maybe some time off will do him some good and he can come back with a fresh start for the second half of the season.

17. leafster

leafster New Member

Jul 21, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    Seniors fire rocket at Man Utd teammate Ronaldo
    tribalfootball.com - December 15, 2004

Manchester United winger Cristiano Ronaldo has received a rocket from fed-up teammates after two disappointing performances.

The Sun says Alan Smith and Gary Neville both blasted the Portuguese whizkid for being wasteful in games.

And after Monday's draw with Fulham, Old Trafford boss Alex Ferguson sent Ronaldo home to Madeira for a fortnight's breather.

http://www.tribalfootball.com/december/englishnews7151204.html

Sounds like all is not well at United.

18. JuveleoRules

JuveleoRules Member

Jun 8, 2002
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    These 2 make my laugh, Alan Smith wasted as many oppurtunitys if not more that Ronaldo. Same with Rooney, who was lost against Fulham.

And was it Ronaldo's fault that United conceded a late goal to come away with only a tie at Fulham?

Bottom line they are not the same team with VNR. They need a pure Striker and they sorely miss him.

19. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    Alan Smith his a idiot, I saw the last game, Ronaldo made one mistake and he got pissed, everybody else make mistakes and his not complaining

good news, maybe soon he will be back in the Superliga, its time for our players to come home

20. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    sure he did, he score a lucky goal and he thinks is God, he just a clumsy forward, the any portuguese defender will close him

for Neville his not good enough for Beira-Mar, his time passed

21. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    Queiros his just a puppet with MU,

22. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    they should be complaining why Heinz was playing on the wing, but they don't have the nerve because he would use his argentina fist, that was the begin of losing the game

the already burn out the best keeper in the Premier last season, and they got a clumsy goalkeeper

he was not a fault on these game goal, because it was all a Fulham player blast, but in other games, he let's cada Frango

23. jec1

jec1 Member

Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    its all because of jealousy it ensues in all of us. ronaldo is a young kid they tend to forget that and so when they say hes is wasteful please clarify. cause alan smith looks like a backstreet boy on crack and he cant score for crap even though hes 6 goals were all knockins and gary the evil twin neville doesnt exist on the soccer field. ronaldo is learning its just a process and soon he'll be a star in time will show the leadership that smith and neville never had. ps: i tell ya ronaldo should stay in portugal cause he aint gonna get respect by the players or coaches hes just a draw in meaning he brings fans to the games bottom line. im done

24. CrisRicHeldTiago

CrisRicHeldTiago New Member

Sep 13, 2004
    CRonaldo is obviously capable of more...but the rest of the team has struggled. RVN has been injured, Rooney and Smith are still getting acquainted to life at Old Trafford, while, Giggs, Keane, and Scholes are in the twilight of their careers.

I find it odd that two first-year players, Rooney and Alan Smith, have had the nerve to scoff at Ronaldo, for his subjective decisions on the field. I mean what right do they have as first year players! Do they not realize their on the lower rung of the pecking order. As far as Keane, Giggs, Gary Neville, voicing their displeasure, these guys are veterans, and that gives them the right to offer constructive critisicm, when and where it applies. It's up to CRonaldo to interpret whether they're opinions, if any, have any real merit.

I just CRonaldo bags a few goals soon, and gains a bit of momentum into the new year. It'll make things easier for him and for the National team.

25. jec1

jec1 Member

Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    ronaldo is taking two weeks off i think its a good idea cause he can be refreshed and take the trouble out of his mind. its what he needs. he needs to focus more and be more valuable to his team people think hes a hog but hes not hes just wants the team to win. so hell learn eventually about the cons of the game as he goes along.