Cricket

Discussion in 'Cricket' started by AuntyD, Nov 17, 2003.

1. ScouseCat

ScouseCat New Member

Jan 10, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    It should have been Victoria in the ING Cup Final. We were terribly unlucky to miss out, although we only have ourselves to blame for losing to Tasmania a couple of weeks ago. Still, it was disappointing to see South Australia lose to Queensland by 4 runs last week, as they had a great chance to really do Hooksey proud.

Oh well, that's cricket and we have the Pura Cup Final to look forward to this year. :)

2. BhoysFC1995

BhoysFC1995 New Member

Nov 30, 1999
    NYC
    Cricket news for today-

ENG In WINDIES
    Hussain feeling the heat
    The former England captain no longer automatically commands a place in the batting line-up and, at 35, knows there are a lot other players ready to stake a claim in the middle order.

"If Nasser doesn't have a successful series it will be his last series," Smith told BBC Sport.

confusion over Jones fitness
    -------------------------------------
    County Cricket News
    Sussex reveal the price of success
    Sussex have revealed the cost of their success last summer, unveiling a loss of £367,454 in the year they won the County Championship for the first time

Caddick and Ponting secure deals with Somerset

whats the deal with aussie players going to county teams for just a few matches? seems kinda of cheesy to me- a guy like ponting could play four games, put the team into the playoffs, then leave and its a different squad without him, right?
    -------------------------
    AUSTRALIA vs SRI LANKA
    Hyden Doubtful for 4th One-dayer
    -----------------------------
    U-19 World CUP
    WI and India U19 advance to semis
    --------------------------------
    NZ - SA
    Smith promises to bounce back
    South Africa have to win Saturday's match at Eden Park to stay in the series, and to avoid becoming the first South African team to lose any series against New Zealand.
    never knew that fact.
    -------------------------------
    interesting story here
    Duval spotted by baseball scouts-LA Dodgers scout impressed
    --------------------------
    ING CUP final this sun
    Warriors confident of turnaround
    WEST Australian skipper Michael Hussey today declared his underdog Warriors were primed to gain revenge for a record one-day hammering by Queensland heading into Sunday's ING Cup final at the Gabba.

The Warriors suffered their biggest-ever domestic loss a fortnight ago losing by 207 runs to the Bulls, who made a record 4-405 batting first in Brisbane.

3. BhoysFC1995

BhoysFC1995 New Member

Nov 30, 1999
    NYC
    [​IMG]

Kiwis win makes it their first

Heart break for my bulls, they lose by 4 runs, with four balls left
    story

Pak in U-19 WC Final

ICC SIX NATIONS CHALLANGE
    results for day 1
    Namibia 254-8 lost to USA 258-5 by 5 wickets
    Holland 198-8 beat Scotland163 by 35 runs
    Canada 157-9 lost to UAE 160-5 by 5 wickets

i'd say this is great news for USA, and a bit surprising to.

4. BhoysFC1995

BhoysFC1995 New Member

Nov 30, 1999
    NYC
  5. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Thanks!

I actually saw Bradman's book in a bookstore, about two years ago. Small village called Manchester-By-The-Sea, on Cape Ann in Massachussets. A bit out of my price range, it being autographed and all. Something like $200. It sold before my wife and I returned the next summer.

6. DoyleG

DoyleG Member+

CanPL
    Canada
    Jan 11, 2002
    YEG-->YYJ-->YWG-->YYB
    Club:
    FC Edmonton
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    More results from the Six Nations

Scotland (160-8) def. Namibia (67ao) by 93 runs.

Netherlands (237-7) def. Canada (169ao) by 67.

UAE def. USA by 5 Wickets.

7. Andy TAUS

Andy TAUS Member

Jan 31, 2004
    Sydney, AUS
    Dr. Wankler

If actually autographed by the Don, then $200 (even USD) was an absolute bargain for that book. What a huge miss on your behalf !!!!!!!!!!

Andy T.

8. Auxodium

Auxodium New Member

Apr 11, 2003
    Perth, Australia
    YOU LET A BOOK SIGNED BY THE DON TO JUST BE SOLD???? What were you thinking man? :D I understand how you feel about the price thing as i too have not been able to get signed stuff because of the dosh! But i have got an autographed Perth Glory shirt! (Away) and signed cricket bat with the Western Warriors (minus Langer, Hogg but it has Steve and Mark Waugh) Oh and a signed ticket by Steve Waugh.

9. BhoysFC1995

BhoysFC1995 New Member

Nov 30, 1999
    NYC
  10. BhoysFC1995

BhoysFC1995 New Member

Nov 30, 1999
    NYC
  11. DoyleG

DoyleG Member+

CanPL
    Canada
    Jan 11, 2002
    YEG-->YYJ-->YWG-->YYB
    Club:
    FC Edmonton
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    The team we have their isn't our strongest side. Several of the players from the CWC team aren't with the squad in the UAE.

12. BhoysFC1995

BhoysFC1995 New Member

Nov 30, 1999
    NYC
    whys that? the tourny that this winner progresses to is looked upon as the second most important next to the WC, so i would think they'd send their best.

btw, how is cricket up in canada? do you guys get it on tv at all?

13. DoyleG

DoyleG Member+

CanPL
    Canada
    Jan 11, 2002
    YEG-->YYJ-->YWG-->YYB
    Club:
    FC Edmonton
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    We couldn't get Davidson away from the Southern Redbacks for this competition. Other players hold regular jobs and weren't able to get time off from work to compete. The team hasn't had a chance either to train outdoors due to the weather.

Cricket coverage is sparse to non-existant up here.

14. giggs88

giggs88 Member

May 11, 2003
    Virginia
    Pak vs Ind - I need to see this. I tried searching on Google for live video coverage on the internet but there were no sites that had it. So if anyone knows where they have live video coverage online, please, please post.

15. OldFanatic

OldFanatic Member

Jan 12, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Huh?? Where have you been? Check the "Pakistan vs. India" thread I created. BTW, I don't see a need for a generic "Cricket" thread anymore, now that we got our semi-forum.

16. OldFanatic

OldFanatic Member

Jan 12, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bump. Move to cricket forum.