Crew vs DC :: Pre-Game [R]

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by crewzer1308, Jun 30, 2005.

1. roadkit

roadkit Greetings from the Fringe of Obscurity

Jul 2, 2003
    Fornax Cluster
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey! Mr. 3,000 rep points: thanks for the WIN.

2. Own Goal Hat-Trick

Jul 28, 1999
    ColoRADo
    scathing... :rolleyes:

3. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They were playing for the counter.

Why you would do that with two forwards much more noted for their height than their speed, I dunno.

4. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He does seem quite the wit.

As for posession, you really can't play every week like you're T&T playing Brazil. SOmetimes you really can go ahead and try to control the game.

5. DGA57

DGA57 Member

Jun 17, 2002
    Dublin, OH
    I'm with you. Balboa was dead on about the Crew - which isn't too hard to do. My grandfather who is dead could take a look at this team and give you expert analysis in 10 minutes as well.

By the way, I was watching the DC postgame report on Comcast whatever and Dave Johnson told Harkes something about him "joining another team this week". Harkes looked "panicky" (like in what are you doing letting the cat out of the bag), then said something about "let's not start any rumors here".

Just repeating what I heard.

6. kaiser kraut

kaiser kraut New Member

Jun 26, 2001
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This club is ripe for a massive protest, walk-out, boycot, something, all of the above. There is absolutely no reason to support this drivel with our dollars. I wonder if we can get the entire squad to strike? I mean, they virtually are, but they're just still on the field. Now if we could just get them to line up, and then at the opening whistle, have them all just walk off the field. Or even better, just get everybody to stand in line between the pipes and then have Walker as the only active defender.

Christ, when are fans going to actually wake up and do something to get the attention of Lamar Hunt? What is it going to take Lamar? Are you just so preoccupied with Pizza Hut Park's completion for the last game of the season that you can't see what is happening with your other team?

Fcuk Andrulis, fcuk your charity Lamar, fcuk any sympathy anybody has for somebody losing their job. This is a business, not a damn church picnic where you have to ask somebody to stop burning meat on the grill. Who's willing to stop by Lowes on their way to CCS for the next home match and by a couple coils of chain links and some padlocks? Time to make a freakin GreenPeace chain.