Crew Union Offseason Thread: Meetings, Suggestion Box, Volunteering, etc.

Discussion in 'Columbus Supporters Clubs' started by CrewBeat, Nov 25, 2008.

1. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't we need to make a poll to determine if a meeting is needed?

Once we have that meeting, we'll have another poll to determine the next meeting date.

2. CrewBeat

CrewBeat Be Massive My Friends

Jul 27, 2004
    Manhattan
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kevin and I have already met twice since the mexico match. Hopefully we'll have an answer on another meeting for members soon, still ironing out some stuff on our end right now.

Thanks Peter, you're always so helpful.

[read: if you're not being constructive in this thread (or at least somewhat funny) then please don't waste our time]

3. patricksp

patricksp 91.9 Crew Fan Rating

Nov 4, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you are going to design shirts and sell them somebody might want to talk to Jed Zayner, he has his own line of charity clothes I guess you would call them that, you buy a shirt and another shirt gets sent to somebody in need.
    http://www.filleo.com/
    I was wondering if a trip will be planned for the TFC away game this year, my wife and I want to got to go. How much was the last trip up there, that way I can plan a budget.

4. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If anyone wants to represent the MASSIVE in the Dublin St. Patrick's Day Parade, come to the yellow lot, spot #80 this Saturday by 10 AM. If you can get in earlier that would be ok, because traffic usually is very heavy. The best way to arrive is south on Frantz Road, then turn right on Metro Place South.

The parade goes north on Frantz, and then left (east) on Bridge Street, into "old" Dublin. It's about a mile long.

In addition to Crew gear, the parade organizers are asking people to wear green.

The attached pdf is a map of the parking area.

5. CrewBeat

Jul 27, 2004
    Manhattan
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Upcoming Crew Union Events:
    March 19:
    MLS First Kick 2009 Viewing Party
    New York at Seattle, 9pm

Claddagh Irish Pub in the Brewery District
    March 21:
    Columbus Crew @ Houston Viewing Party
    8pm EST Kickoff
    March 23:
    Fan Fourm
    March 27:
    Crewsmas Eve Party!
    March 28:
    Crewsmas: Columbus vs Toronto
    Tailgate will start around 12pm
    Kickoff at 4pm
    Full CalendariCalXML

Claddagh is the New Official Crew Union Bar, Viewing Party Saturday

[​IMG]
    Crew Supporters Union is proud to announce that Claddagh Irish Pub in the Brewery District will play host to our viewing parties for the 2009 season. The manager, Craig McConville, is excited about this new partnership and has made a great commitment to our group. In addition to the great deals they'll be running during the match CSU members will receive special discounts.

We start off the fun this Thursday for First Kick 2009, New York at Seattle, 9pm kickoff.

On Saturday, come to Claddagh for the Crew's first match of the season. Crew Supporters Union members will receive a 15% discount off their tabs for all away matches!

As part of Crewsmas week, Claddagh will be hosting a fan forum next Monday night from 6:30pm-8:30pm. General Manager Mark McCullers, the coaching staff and several players will be in attendance to take fan questions. The MLS Cup will also be in attendance for those who haven't got to take a picture with the massive cup.

Keep your eyes peeled for details on a CSU Crewsmas Eve party at Claddagh that will be out of control next Friday. There will no better place to be the night before the home opener, I guarantee it.
    Crew Union Membership for the 2009 Season

As part of our mission to become a better and more organized supporter section we have decided to role out a formal membership for this season that will include a number of benifits for our dues paying members.

The $20 membership fee for the 2009 season will get you all the following:

• A nifty CSU membership card
    • 2009 Limited Edition Scarf
    • Discounted individual tickets in 101 through CSU
      • Member Price: $17
      • Non-Member Price: $20
      • Normal Price of 101 tickets: $26
    • Discount at Claddagh on match days
      • Home Matches: 10%
      • Away Matches: 15%
    • First Right of Refusal on Road Trips
    • Other discounts and benefits TBD
    Tickets in 101 for the Home Opener
    [​IMG]

Crew Supporters Union will be offering discount tickets this season for section 101 starting with the home opener. The deadline to take advantage of this deal is 11am the day before the match (usually Friday).

Tickets in 101

• $17/ticket for members
    • $20/tickets for non-members
    Email Kevin at kmmc@crewunion.com with the number of tickets you're interested in and he'll hit you up with the rest of the details.
    We have more than we could fit in this mailing so check out the website (we have some new merch up). Go Crew!

John Clem
    walkon@crewunion.com

6. HuntKop

HuntKop Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 15, 2002
    Sulla mia Vespa
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    So I just went to the CSU website and it says membership costs $21, but it has the 2008 scarf or something.

I guess I just wanted to know if the website is ready to accept membership payments, and if signing up and paying the dues online is the best way to do it, or if signing up in person somehow is better.

7. CrewBeat

Jul 27, 2004
    Manhattan
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Paypal fee is the extra dollar. We have a new scarf design, exclusive to the membership, that the order should be placed this week (delivery typically in 2 weeks). Kevin said he would be adding the design to the site today or so.

8. kmmc

kmmc Member

Apr 6, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I should be able to post a picture of the scarf design shortly. The scarf is a commemorative scarf for the 2008 season but part of the 2009 Crew Union membership package.

9. ThreeC

ThreeC Member

Jan 23, 2008
    Cowbellumbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    can you tell me more about your package?

10. 9 Rush

9 Rush Member

Sep 9, 2004
    C'bus
    yeah, let's hear about yr package?

11. kmmc

kmmc Member

Apr 6, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here is the design that has been submitted for the 2008 commemorative scarf which you will receive with your 2009 Crew Union membership. The scarves are are the same quality as the bar scarf

[​IMG]

12. YiddoInAkron

YiddoInAkron Member

Mar 1, 2008
    Akron, OH
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    any chance of picking one up at the match if i'm not a CSU member?

13. machque

machque Member

Jun 5, 2008
    Delaware OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ok, I am an official paid member.
    So, when do I get my other MLS Cup? You know the one from the 2009 season :confused:
    Opps, I forgot, Sigi's keeping it warm for us to pick up in Seattle:)

14. CrewBeat

Jul 27, 2004
    Manhattan
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    it's a benifit of membership. we normally sell scarves for $15, a membership is $20. It shouldn't be breaking your bank account for the extra $5.

15. ZipSix

ZipSix BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2000
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is it okay if I wait to pay membership dues in person on 3/28 or is it better for CSU if I go through paypal now?

16. CrewBeat

Jul 27, 2004
    Manhattan
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In person is probably prefered, but we wanted to make sure the option was available for out of towners and those that don't like paper money.

17. jackmann

jackmann Member

Feb 24, 2007
    Cowtown
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great. since it won't let me select a shipping method when I try to place the order. I'll just get with you or Kevin before the match at the tailgate

18. Bruno43

Bruno43 New Member

Mar 20, 2009
    Youngstown, Ohio
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't know if I am crashing the thread or not since I am not official and just joined Bigsoccer.com two days ago. I started following Soccer last year as well as started following the Crew last year for their Championship run (Great Season to start following eh?).

I am headed to my first game the 28th when the Crew face Toronto and bringing a buddy trying to get him hooked into soccer as well. I am going to get tickets for the North End.

I am interested in joining the Union as well on the 28th. I live in the Youngstown area and am interested in viewing parties happening in North East Ohio. I am also a Web Developer, I also host my own websites so if you still want/need information on that just let me know. As far as the tailgating goes I hope to meet you there and sign up for the union.

Let me know if you need anything else or if you want to get a hold of me
    AIM: TheArchAngel43
    Twitter: Bruno43
    E-mail: archangel43@gmail.com

19. Hamburgler03

Hamburgler03 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 31, 2000
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My membership was almost already paid for with the discount on the bar tab last night at Claddagh.

20. Angelo1405

Angelo1405 Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

21. CrewBeat

Jul 27, 2004
    Manhattan
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bruno,
    Don't worry, you're not crashing the thread, all Crew fans are welcome. You and your buddy should stop by our tailgate next Saturday before the match, we meet up in the SW corner of the paved lots. If you're planning on signing up for a membership we can set you up with the discounted tickets we sell. As far as webhosting we haven't made any decisions yet, so we may be interested and can talk more Saturday. Look forward to meeting you Saturday.

John
    walkon@crewunion.com

22. Bruno43

Bruno43 New Member

Mar 20, 2009
    Youngstown, Ohio
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can I only North End / Nordecke tickets through you guys? I went online to purchase tickets to the Home opener and it looked like I couldn't get tickets in that section. Please let me know. Thanks

23. CrewBeat

Jul 27, 2004
    Manhattan
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They don't sell them on ticketmaster so they don't have to worry about people buying tickets in the section and then complaining because there are all this loud people standing in front of them. You can go through the FO (614.447.CREW), but the tickets are more expensive than you can get them through us. Email Kevin at kmmc@crewunion.com and he'll get you hooked up.

24. General Disarray

General Disarray Legendary

Jul 7, 2005
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    this may have been discussed already, but will there be a new Union scarf this year?

25. osubowler

osubowler Member

Apr 7, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I saw on Facebook that there is a CSU Meeting next week at Claddaugh. Is this open to all? And what time?