Crew Union Minutes

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by crewunion, Jul 14, 2005.

1. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wrecking Crew gave it up after the 2003 season and weren't back for the 2004 opener. While I can't speak for them, I heard that they felt like their efforts weren't being recognized by the team.

Where's this come from?? No group in 137 has actual named "positions" such as president, vice president, etc. I can't speak for Crew Union.

2. JayFunkeyFresh

Jul 10, 2004
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought that was Legion.

3. Flyer Fan

Flyer Fan Member+

Apr 18, 1999
    Columbus, OH
    You might want to tell that SoCal### chick, then.

4. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I haven't seen that chick in 137 for some time.. Maybe Legion booted her out?

5. sue4crew

sue4crew New Member

Jul 21, 2005
    Bill, you really can't read, can you? Most of the points you made are not in my post: I never said the Crew SHOULD give us money, just that they didn't...I never said we're modeling ourselves after V-Army...and where in the world did you get the information about our treasurer being a SJ fan?

Oh well, I hear LensCrafters is running a promotion this week. ;)

BTW, we had a great time with Eric Vasquez at our meeting last night; he gave us some "interesting" insights about the team "after GA." He's still psyched about having his goal being voted MLS' best last week.

The best part of it, we had a short meeting so we were able to see the most important part of the U.S. game - the second half! What a finish!!

To the others who sent me positive feedback on my post, thanks!!

6. Zak

Zak Member

Feb 18, 2002
    Massive Club
    I would contend that Crew absolutely should be subsidizing the efforts of Crew Union. Difference being they are the official fan club of Columbus Crew, while V-Army/Legion/whomever are not.

7. 9 Rush

9 Rush Member

Sep 9, 2004
    C'bus
    and giving them free stuff. If nothing else, it gives the Crew a good list to mail to.

8. JayFunkeyFresh

Jul 10, 2004
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I always find the relationship between Bill and newbies interesting, though they always start and end the same way. Bill usually makes some comment that upsets a newbie and then said newbie tries to put Bill in his place before getting trounced. Oh the memories.

9. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well that's a really mean thing to say, now isn't it? In addition to coming from a broken home and a mixed homosexual parentage in a ghetto where they taught Ebonics, I'm also a dyslexic schizophrenic victim of ADD, ADHD and ACLU.

You are obviously an insensitive right wing bigot.

No, all you said was that you couldn't actually DO anything without their money.

More to the point, if Crew LLC money and/or freebies weren't an issue, why did you mention them 38 times in five paras?

And I didn't say it either. Are you accustomed to this "straw man" strategy in your work or do you save it for when you want to sound really, really obtuse?

From the treasurer, who says she is an SJ fan.

Am I going too fast for you?

I don't buy eyewear in the malls, ever since I got a job.

That's not what he said,.

10. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think you have the Legion confused with Crew Union.

Furthermore, the leader of the Legion himself has said that they have done away with their formal positions.

...And people wonder why the Crew forum isn't the most hospitable place.

11. Placid Casual

Placid Casual Member+

Apr 2, 2004
    Bentley's Roof
    that sounds so sinister.

12. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Does this mean they don't wear tuxedos any more?

What a dork.

13. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Unless they were involved with the mob or something, I don't see how a high schooler could have enough money for tuxedo rental 20 times a year.

You know so much about section 137, I bet you could write a book. Hell, i'd be first in line to buy it.

14. J. Crew

J. Crew New Member

Jul 10, 2005
    Columbus
    Wow-- swell idea Bill-- I never would have thought of asking the Crew FO for money just for me. But now that you've put it out there-- I'm putting my pitch together for the FO right now. I'm asking for seed money to open that bar I've always wanted to own. Of course, the Crew can have a cut of the profits-- and all Supporters clubs are invited to have their meetings at my new Crew-financed bar -- as long as no one resorts to fisticuffs or anything.

15. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sounds yummy. I'm sure I'll have an open invite, no?

16. J. Crew

J. Crew New Member

Jul 10, 2005
    Columbus
    Fiesty senoritas always have an open invite