Crew Mailings

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by Robb W, Jun 28, 2005.

1. Robb W

Robb W New Member

Jan 31, 1999
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    I got a mailing from the Crew yesterday. Actually I got two copies of the same thing, with the words on the front of it telling me that inside it will tell me how to get US-Mexico tickets. So I open it up, and it's an order form for a 4-pack of Crew tickets, and says that by becoming a member of the "Crew Soccer Nation" I would get priority to order US-Mexico tickets.

Well, I already am a member of the "Crew Soccer Nation" and have already bought a 4-pack, so what is the point of sending me two copies of this stupid mailing? Was this an accident?

2. kaiser kraut

kaiser kraut New Member

Jun 26, 2001
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The only accident that happened was that Mr. Promotions mom & dad had a broken contraceptive device and thus, you get your mailings.

3. POdinCowtown

POdinCowtown Member+

Jan 15, 2002
    Columbus
    I got the same thing. I'm boycotting the Crew financially so I'll wait til the USSF starts selling seats. Does anyone know if there is a sale between the Crew season ticket holders and the general public? I know USSF wants to have as many American fans as possible so maybe they should sell to previous buyers before the general public. Considering the Crew's greatly reduced season ticket base, there might be a lot of sales there.

4. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Order of sales:

1) Crew Soccer Nation
    2) US Soccer mailing list
    3) Sam's Army (sections 136-138, I believe)
    4) General Public

Oh yeah, I also got one of those notices. But why would I need to buy a 4-pack when I volunteer at games?

5. crewcrazy17

crewcrazy17 Member

Mar 5, 2002
    Medina
    A ticket rep called me about this package. I then emailed McCullers and told him I wasn't going to buy the package until there was some positive changes made.

6. Robb W

Robb W New Member

Jan 31, 1999
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Yes, these mailings should have been re-written if they were meant to be sent to people who are already "Crew Soccer Nation" Members.

It's like, look, I bought tickets in the first place to enjoy watching the team. Don't try to sucker me into 4 more when I already qualify for the advance ticket purchase and the team looks like crap. My reading comprehension skills are much too developed to fall for that.

7. diablodelsol

diablodelsol Member+

Jan 10, 2001
    New Jersey
    Too many to list. Oh....you said Mailings . Nevermind.

8. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, frankly Peter, the toilets have not been all that clean lately. I'm afraid you need to do better.

9. The Greatest

The Greatest New Member

Jan 19, 2005
    Ohio
    I got three of these today. Beat that!

10. flowergirl

flowergirl Member+

Aug 11, 2004
    panama city, FL
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I only got 2. I feel so dejected and unloved. :(

11. Crewster

Crewster Member+

Jan 28, 2005
    Worthington
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, you people are always saying you want more communication from the Crew FO . . . .

12. crewzer1308

crewzer1308 New Member

May 11, 2004
    Ohio
    well i got NONE hahaha!

13. Crewber

Crewber New Member

Sep 18, 1999
    Hilliard, OH
    Okay, I only got one (and I'm a full season ticket holder).

But my wife got one (addressed to her) and she hasn't been to a game in years.

14. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They took my name off their lists about a year ago. I can only speculate as to why, and that would not be completely fair.

Fun maybe, but not fair.

My bride, however, and my kid, both get this stuff by the boatload. They both got two, and neither of them has personally bought a ticket there in four years.