Crew Front Office and Revs Front Office

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by dncm, Nov 2, 2004.

1. dncm

dncm Member+

Apr 22, 2003
    Boston
    I had been reading that Columbus thread as well, and I thought it was worth discussing as a separate thread (Tom did a great set-up to start the thread), and maybe how it relates to how the Revs work with our main supporter group, the Midnight Riders.

It is very painful to read that thread and to see how some of the Crew Front office have got on and tried to "defend" their actions with doublespeak. At the same time, it is refreshing to see Peter Wilt of Chicago get on and add some firm details as to the events that transpired from his end.

I don't actually know if I have a point (don't usually do), but it just seemed so painful for the Crew fans, and with everything that we discuss with how Rev front office interacts with our own supporter's groups and fans, and some of the issues that we as fans are trying to help bring some resolution to.

Maybe some of the Midnight Riders can shed some light on some of the positives or challenges that they have seen, and how something like this may be avoided in the future here in Rev land......when the Revs win the SS at some point.

2. ToMhIlL

ToMhIlL Member+

Feb 18, 1999
    Boxborough, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would like to think that the Revs front office would Do The Right Thing if that was us in the same situation. We have had a decent relationship with Craig T and other FO folks, so I can't imagine that they would try to pull what the Columbus people did.

If they wanted to give some sort of award to a fan who sold a lot of tickets and brought in new people, that's great, but that has nothing to do with the Supporters Shield.

I think what we'll see happen is some sort of written guidelines on how the transfer is to take place from year to year, as well as who (individually) is actually going to get their grubby little paws on the giant Pontiac hood ornament.

Tom

3. idiot wind

idiot wind Member

Mar 12, 2004
    By the time this is an issue for us the remaining fans can sort it out with the paper-scissors-stone game.

4. The Magpie

The Magpie Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Cambridge, MA
    O.k, post of the year material there.

5. MouseyTongue

MouseyTongue New Member

Feb 16, 2001
    a box in the Chairma
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team: