crew fans a little help

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by kylesoccer, Mar 17, 2005.

1. kylesoccer

kylesoccer New Member

Mar 24, 2004
    boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    US Soccer first but what are the chances of getting OSU fake football tickets if the game is during the day. I am in colmbus to watch the real futbol but i may as well ask since i would never travel to columbus to watch OSU exclusively

2. Pauncho

Pauncho Member+

Mar 2, 1999
    Bexley, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The anticounterfeiting tactics utilized by OSU are really quite successful, and as long as you look over the ticket offered to you very carefully, you don't need to much worry about . . .

Oh, wait, you didn't ask about fake * football tickets, you asked about fake football * tickets, as in calling the helmet & shoulder pad variety the fake one. You know that "college football capital of the universe" stuff that everybody who doesn't live in Columbus is just sure is overhyped? Well, it isn't. Don't say something like that close to Ohio Stadium on game day if you know what's good for you!

And for a typical game before the start of the school year for undergraduates against an inferior opponent (like it or not, Miami ain't a Big Ten school) you won't need to spend over $75 for just one ticket unless you're awfully fussy about where. A pair together will be more costly, but still not actually tough.

3. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pair together, against Miami, -MAYBE- $110 tops. Prices will vary, depending on seller, etc. I think I paid about $50 or $60 for a ticket against Texas Tech a few years ago. Of course, if you wait until about 15 minutes after kickoff, maybe even less, prices are practically guaranteed to drop. I've also heard the closer you get to the stadium, the higher the prices get.

Don't know if you know this or not but the best thing to do regarding parking would probably be to park at the fairgrounds ($10 charged by OSU) and take the free shuttle. You might also be able to park there before the OSU game and leave it there during the USA game and only pay once.

OTOH, depending on the parking situation at CCS, you might arrive there before the parking attendants do and it's just a simple walk to the park and ride. I don't know all the exact specifics though.

4. kylesoccer

kylesoccer New Member

Mar 24, 2004
    boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    oh no pauncho, i'm so scared now because i don't want to offend the masses of fake football fans. get an original name of a sport because the foot is used so much in american football. what universe are u in that college football rules supreme. the world is composed of more than the US. forget the buckeyes. thanks you made my decision easy if their fans are clowns like you.

5. mateo319

mateo319 Member

Jul 19, 2004
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would recommend going to the game (you'll probably be able to get tickets easily unless a lot of other out of towners have the same idea) just for the experience. It really is another universe.

6. Raoul

Raoul New Member

Sep 19, 1999
    Downtown Dublin
    A universe that draws 100,000 fans 6-8 times a year. It's quite a spectacle - the Buckeyes outdraw the Patriots and it's a nicer crowd. You might not like it because it's a regional delicacy - apparently you only consume globally popular events. Too bad about Chowdah - eh mate.

7. kylesoccer

kylesoccer New Member

Mar 24, 2004
    boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    last time i checked crew stadium holds only 28,000 fans so i wouldn't say i consume only globally popular events.(globally US soccer is not even close to popular) sorry if i'm willing to travel to support my(our) national team and wanted to take in a little local favor and have been put off by a local person, read your friend gauncho above. please don't ever compah the Pats to OSU. we win supahbowls, you ah lucky to get out of a season without a scandal

8. myshap

myshap Member

Jun 19, 2002
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Obviously you've not seen much OSU football the last two years.

What ever you do, don't get seats for the B deck. You'll spend 70 dollars to see 20 yards of the field between the pillars. Now if you want to save a little money, wait about 5 or 10 minutes into the first quarter, that will split your fee in half. Although if you've never experienced an OSU game, it's worth the extra money for the experience of The Best Damn Band in the Land coming through the tunnel as 100K+ clap in unison and then march down the field playing the OSU fight song. Being that it's the first game of the season, the alumni band will be out there too so there will be 4 Script OHIOs as well.

Something else you absolutly should not miss is the Skull Session. Basically a band rehursal/pep rally held at St John's Arena about an hour and half from kick off. Go early though because it draws 10K+. There is absolutly nothing to describe how awsome it is.

9. myshap

myshap Member

Jun 19, 2002
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    They'd be nothing without Mike Vrabel.

Oh and CCS only holds about 24.5K with standing room

10. Raoul

Raoul New Member

Sep 19, 1999
    Downtown Dublin
    Too bad you'll miss the OSU game then, Kyle. Pauncho was being humorous and we were being hospitable. Your loss.
    BTW, was the Boston doctor (Charles) in MASH any realation, or are you an apostle of his?

11. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    Kyle you need to learn to just relax, dont' be so easily offended. Good lord.

Take in the OSU/Miami(Ohio) if you can. I know I'll be doing both sporting events that day, and I am going to be taking a few friends to the OSU game who are traveling in to town from all over the country for the US/Mexico game that night but they'd like to visit the Horseshoe in the morning before the soccer tailgating begins.

12. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So I don't understand this guy... He critises "american football", and talks about the global game, "fake football", yada yada, yet his screen name uses the word "soccer" ??? The "foot isn't used so much in american football". Yeah, i'd like to see any football game, even his Patriots, be played without the use of the feet.

And if he thinks OSU football isn't the supreme king, chancellor, president, and everything else powerful within Columbus, he's in for a rude awakening...

Fid's also right "Kyle you need to learn to just relax, dont' be so easily offended. Good lord."

13. JasonC

JasonC New Member

May 21, 2001
    Billings, Mont.
    Columbus, Ohio.

And I'm saying that as someone who wouldn't watch the Buckeyes at the horseshoe if you *gave* me the tickets (unless it was against Michigan ;)).

14. cleazer

cleazer Member+

May 6, 2003
    Toledo, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What the heck is your problem? You asked for help. You got it. And then you slam the person who answered your question in an honest manner.

And please, stop insulting college football. It has the most passionate fans of any sport in the country.

15. Eggy

Eggy New Member

May 28, 1999
    CBUS

FCUK OFF then. If you don't care that much about State then you don't deserve to go you ignorant twat.

16. Foosinho

Foosinho New Member

Jan 11, 1999
    New Albany, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I *might* be doing both events that day as well. My brother is coming in from Chicago for the US game, and my father has mentioned giving us his pair of OSU tickets. We just have to work out the logistics of doing the OSU game, meeting up with my wife and his girlfriend, tailgating for the US game, and attending the US game.

Those fairground parking shuttles will likely come in handy.