Crespo's shoes

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by TerminalVertigo, Dec 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TerminalVertigo

Oct 18, 2004
    Ottawa Ontario
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    anyone know why he has been wearing preds as of late?

newest 442 mag has him in the vert for the f50+ and he's always been in the regular f50 ads.

:confused:

2. Andraay

Andraay New Member

Feb 28, 2004
    Glasgow
    Saw him in the regular Preds (black ones) last week in Serie A and also in the Milan derby last month...

3. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Maybe he just prefers them? I mean, as long as he's wearing Adidas boots i cant seem them complaining about it.

appleCORR

4. TerminalVertigo

Oct 18, 2004
    Ottawa Ontario
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

just seems weird to wear a different type, especially when i have never seen him wear f50+'s even though he is in the ads.

5. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Maybe he is contracted to wear mainly the F50's and just doesnt like the new design? So he has decided to wear preds. But he has still had to be in the adverts.

Its like Paul Scholes. For AGES he wore the older total 90s. And he was still in the adverts for the new ones. He's only just started to wear them. I think like i said. As long as the boots he wears are still Adidas then they wont mind. Joe Cole was another player who was supposed to be wearing the new (well last season!) F50 and he has been wearing world cups and preds.

appleCORR

6. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Maybe he is contracted to wear mainly the F50's and just doesnt like the new design? So he has decided to wear preds. But he has still had to be in the adverts.

Its like Paul Scholes. For AGES he wore the older total 90s. And he was still in the adverts for the new ones. He's only just started to wear them. I think like i said. As long as the boots he wears are still Adidas then they wont mind. Joe Cole was another player who was supposed to be wearing the new (well last season!) F50 and he has been wearing world cups and preds.

appleCORR

7. metropolis2k

metropolis2k New Member

Sep 7, 2004
    England
    What I find interesting is Jermain Defoe's boots. He's in the F50+ ads and has worn them two or three times but to be honest he's had off games then and I personally think he's gone back to the usual black/silver F50s out of superstition more than anything! Actually in the Burnley match he started in the F50+ and had a quiet half, then swapped at half time and scored a cracker LOL.

8. TerminalVertigo

Oct 18, 2004
    Ottawa Ontario
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    maybe its because the black/silver f50s are the best?

9. Jack Bauer

Jack Bauer New Member

Jan 13, 2004
    What I find even MORE interesting is that in the recent Tottenham v Arsenal game Defoe wore Vapors in the first half, then switched to F50's in the second half !

10. metropolis2k

metropolis2k New Member

Sep 7, 2004
    England
    Vapors? Are you sure? I haven't seen him wear them for months and months. In fact I don't think I've seen him wear them this season.

EDIT: I've found a picture from the first half and he's wearing F50s.

http://cache.gettyimages.com/comp/5...1091711E5AD1EC2B6AF0F1330BAC17757C85AE85A779B

11. goalhappy27

goalhappy27 New Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Oregon USA
    i dont see any F50's in that picture

12. metropolis2k

metropolis2k New Member

Sep 7, 2004
    England
    Defoe is the one hanging off Naybet (number 2) who just scored (which is why I know it was the first half).

13. goalhappy27

goalhappy27 New Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Oregon USA
    those arent F50's he's wearing

14. novascotia

novascotia New Member

Sep 5, 2004
    Truro, Nova Scotia
    yes they are! are you crazzzzzy

15. goalhappy27

goalhappy27 New Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Oregon USA
    then what the heck is that giant white thing on the side of them? those dont look like F50's at all

16. metropolis2k

metropolis2k New Member

Sep 7, 2004
    England
    What giant white thing? They're the silver/black ones. I know they are because I own them.

17. Jack Bauer

Jack Bauer New Member

Jan 13, 2004
    Metropolis2k,

I cant see an image if I follow that link, and I have just been on the getty images website and found an image that is from the 2nd half of the game.

He WAS wearing (Grey) Vapors in the first half of the game, and I cant be bothered to look for an image of him wearing them, but it is not the first time Defoe has done this this season, which is what brought my attention to it this time.

18. novascotia

novascotia New Member

Sep 5, 2004
    Truro, Nova Scotia
    as george w. bush would say, he's a flip flopper

19. metropolis2k

metropolis2k New Member

Sep 7, 2004
    England
    To see the link remove the http and paste it into your browser.

The picture was from the first half (Naybet's goal) and shows him in F50s.

http://cache.gettyimages.com/comp/5...1091711E5AD1E16B21398308373EC7757C85AE85A779B

There's another one

20. Jack Bauer

Jack Bauer New Member

Jan 13, 2004
    Mate, I dont dispute that is a pic of Defoe, but I do dispute that is the first half.
    I am going to leave this thread alone now as we are going round in circles, but bear this in mind when you are next watching spurs as you will see that (along woth Keane), he doesn chop and change from game to game (or in the same game) between Vapours and F50's.

21. metropolis2k

metropolis2k New Member

Sep 7, 2004
    England
    Ok, well that is the first half because they are celebrating Naybet's goal and Naybet scored in the first half. Trust me, that is the first half and Defoe doesn't wear Vapours any more. He's sponsored by Adidas now and appears in the F50+ ads. He'd be in trouble for wearing something other than Adidas.

22. goalhappy27

goalhappy27 New Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Oregon USA
    the giant white thing that looks like a 3... those look nothing like F50's. Post a picture of the F50 you think it is. Plus F50's dont have a different colored heal in the back..the ones in that picture are mostly back but the heal is silver

23. metropolis2k

metropolis2k New Member

Sep 7, 2004
    England
    Ah I've realised where you're getting confused. You're looking at Nourredine Naybet (the number 2). He is wearing Joma boots and the J looks a bit like a three.

We're talking about Jermain Defoe who is the small guy that has jumped on Naybet in the first picture. He has the silver/black F50s on that you see a lot of players wearing.

24. zhiyi.

zhiyi. Member

Sep 29, 2004
    Singapore

c'mon are you really that blur ?! its very obvious we're all talking bout defoe's f50 and NOT naybet's joma boots LOL

25. hectordagreat11

hectordagreat11 New Member

Nov 9, 2004

lol...thats wat i said....goalhappy=idiot