Creighton 2006 Season

Discussion in 'College & Amateur Soccer' started by etan86soccer, Aug 25, 2006.

1. etan86soccer

etan86soccer Member

Jan 8, 2002
    Des Moines, IA
    All i will say is sure its nice to be regular season champs but that means nothing. It is all about the MVC tourney that is where the ncaa bid comes from so its still anyones game as to who is going to make the tourney. Should be an interesting tourney with a few teams capable of pulling off a few game streak and winning it all.

2. Gunners11

Gunners11 Member

Jul 22, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    You're right 100%. I just hope that we cant turn home-field advantage and our recent hot streak into two more wins.

A question I have is, say Creighton wins Friday but loses in the title game Sunday, do you guys still have a legit shot at an at-large bid?

3. etan86soccer

etan86soccer Member

Jan 8, 2002
    Des Moines, IA
    I don't know what to think about if we don't win the tourney outright. We are obviously getting respect form voters in the nscaa poll since we even moved up this week despite the loss. The problem is I don't see how we are getting the respect this year that we are. We beat no one good this year. The mvc has been going down hill quickly since teams started dropping SMU was a large loss for the conference due to their prestige similar to creighton's as a top program. We are now down to a couple legitimate soccer programs in Creighton, Missouri state, and bradley. The last few years Drake has attempted to make something out of their program but it hasn't happened yet. I think it is gonna get tougher for Creighton to get the respect in the years to come playing in the mvc. With the loss to Air force I think we have to beat missouri state (as long as they win wednesday) on friday to make the tourney.

4. Crimson Ace

Crimson Ace Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 4, 2003
    McKinney, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey, that stings. Give 'em two seasons and the Purple Aces of Evansville will re-solidify themselves as legitimate. ;)

...but I completely understand your point. Losing SMU and Tulsa certainly hurt the overall power of the conference.

5. Gunners11

Gunners11 Member

Jul 22, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I agree, certainly not yet, but within a few years Jacobs will have the Evansville program among Creighton, BU, and MSU, at the top of the Valley.

6. Gunners11

Gunners11 Member

Jul 22, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    EIU beat Missouri State 3-1 tonight, so that's who you guys have on Friday night in Peoria. The winner of your match plays the winner of Bradley vs. Drake.

7. sweeper77

sweeper77 New Member

Mar 24, 2004
    Omaha
    Michael Kraus is MVC player of the year. Matt Allen is MVC defensive player of the year. Ryan Junge also made first team all conference.

Dacy, Holopainen, Odorisio & Peterson are on the second team.

Schuler, Thayer and Faria are on the all freshman MVC team.

Congrats to all. Now lets win the conference tournament!!!!

8. Sultanofsham

Sultanofsham Member

Jun 2, 2005
    Omaha
    Creighton beats EIU 2-0. Kraus and Tarver scored.

9. Gunners11

Gunners11 Member

Jul 22, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Bradley and Drake ended scoreless. We won on pk's 5-3!

Creighton vs. Bradley Sunday at 1:00 PM ffor the conference title!

10. Sultanofsham

Sultanofsham Member

Jun 2, 2005
    Omaha
    Creighton over Bradley in the MVC tournament final. Goal by Dacy with 4 seconds left to tie it at 1-1 and send it into overtime. Then Schuler scored the game winner off a great pass from Tarver.

We grab a birth in the NCAA tournament and hopefully we can get a home game.

That being said I would love to smack the camera men who covered the game. Follow the ball, it aint that hard :rolleyes:

11. collegesoccer

collegesoccer Member+

Apr 11, 2005
    There will be probably be no home game for Creighton. I could see a SLU/Creighton first round game since SLU probably blew their chance to get a bye or see them shipped out west.

12. Sultanofsham

Sultanofsham Member

Jun 2, 2005
    Omaha
    Creighton vs Washington is going on now. There is a live video stream. Goto the gocreighton.com site and the link is on the left side.

13. sweeper77

sweeper77 New Member

Mar 24, 2004
    Omaha
    Creighton remains the only college program to have at least one player drafted by the MLS in every year the league has been in existence.

Ryan Junge, defender, drafted by the Columbus Crew in the second round of the supplemental draft.

14. sweeper77

sweeper77 New Member

Mar 24, 2004
    Omaha

Michael Kraus also taken by Kansas City in the 4th round of the MLS supplemental draft.

15. Wildcard

Wildcard New Member

Jul 4, 2004
    US
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Michael Kraus has a very high development potential at the next level IMO. He comes from the same youth development as Paule and Mulrooney before him. I truly expect him to be seen on the pitch as a surprise talent in the future.

16. giggshasscored

Jun 5, 2004
    Omaha
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    any thoughts on how many years Chris Schuler will play at Creighton? Basically meaning will he leave for the MLS draft before playing a senior year?

17. VTX Jay

VTX Jay New Member

Nov 11, 2005
    The other coast
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Any word on who the Jays signed today?

And I think Schuler will get his degree or be very close when he leaves campus. Thus, two more years?? :)

18. esther15

esther15 New Member

Jan 25, 2006
    Signing day for high school players is Wed. 2/7 Rumor is they have only 2 recruits

19. RMJB

RMJB New Member

Mar 8, 2005
    Denver
    I think Schuler could be leaving for the MLS in another year, 2 tops. With a stron sophmore season he could get some real interest. However, since the MVC isn't considered the strongest conference, it could hurt his chances a bit.

Who are the rumored recruits?

20. mountie

mountie New Member

Jun 30, 2005
    I heard one is Andrew Duran Chicago Magic

21. TwoGun

TwoGun New Member

Jul 18, 2007
    Omaha
    Okay guys, 2007 season's starting soon, open house at morison is this sunday (the 12th), and we have an exhibition match against Ohio St. the 18th, who's slacking, where's our 2007 thread

22. SoccerNation

SoccerNation New Member

Jan 9, 2006
    Can any creighton fans let me know why Nicholas Christou is no longer on the roster?
    Was a freshman goalkeeper last yr although I dont think he participated in any matches.
    Did he transfer out or just quit?

23. etan86soccer

etan86soccer Member

Jan 8, 2002
    Des Moines, IA
    I believe he left before last season even ended. I don't even remember him from last season training with the team I know they had worries because of only having 2 keepers. Not sure exactly what happened. Creighton has 3 freshman keepers in this season all working to be Allen's backup and possible starter for next season should be fun to watch that play out. One of the keepers is a local Omaha prospect.

Tomorrow I will try to pull up some information and put together a 2007 Creighton/mvc thread. Should be a great season for the Jays with the talent they will have on the field.

24. Gunners11

Gunners11 Member

Jul 22, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
  25. TwoGun

TwoGun New Member

Jul 18, 2007
    Omaha