Craven the Lifestyle: Antonee Robinson at Fulham

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by bballshawn, Nov 27, 2014.

1. Gorky

Gorky Member+

Jul 28, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He’s been having a lot of goal contributions recently.

freisland and glutton4Bolts repped this.
  2. ChrisSSBB

ChrisSSBB Member+

Jun 22, 2005
    DE
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Made his PK in shootout at end. Doing it all these days.

glutton4Bolts and Winoman repped this.
  3. Nastrabrahmus

Nastrabrahmus Member+

Mar 29, 2012
    San Diego, CA
    In the form of his life.

Winoman and freisland repped this.
  4. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Or is he just continuing to improve and this isn't his peak yet?

Winoman repped this.
  5. FirstStar

FirstStar Hustlin' for the USA

Fulham Football Club
    Feb 1, 2005
    Time's Arrow
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He was really good in the match yesterday. Seriously, his combinations on the left side are proving very difficult to defend in the Premier League, so they must actually be good. Sadly, he's a player I can see being poached from us.

6. Gorky

Gorky Member+

Jul 28, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From Fulham? If he keeps playing this well I think he can make a move up. And he might want to.

7. YankatOxford

YankatOxford Member+

Oct 15, 2007
    Love Robinson. And he is playing extremely well right now overall, despite the team's limitations on the left. I do want to temper some of it by pointing out that he failed to clear the ball from the box when he a chance last night in the run up to Everton's equalizer. It was a snap chance to clear... but he kicked it right to a blue shirt, and then ping pong continued.

That said his penalty was aces and he has upped his level of delivery in the last 2 months.

DCU1984 and ChrisSSBB repped this.
  8. DCU1984

DCU1984 Member+

Jan 15, 2009
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He's never been an elite passer but he seems to have cut down on his mistakes which has raised his level.

9. FirstStar

Fulham Football Club
    Feb 1, 2005
    Time's Arrow
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That clearance was bad luck - he was not set in balance to get a good kick at the ball. Agree he should have lifted the ball up high, but it was a bang-bang play and it clattered around and then fell beautifully right to the Everton player on a platter. Jedi didn't cover himself in glory there, but the ball bounced well for Everton. Agree that if he were a higher caliber defender, he probably would have done better. I don't think he's going to get snapped up for his defense - his offense (and then recovery speed, which enables him to supply even more offense) is what I think makes him so valuable.

10. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    I find I sometimes feel exhausted watching Robinson run up and back at full speed, he really has the hustle element (that all players should have). The goal he generated v Everton is a great example - he came a long way fast on that overlapping run.

The dates of Fulham's two-legged Carabao Cup Semi-Final versus Liverpool have now been confirmed.
    • Liverpool v Fulham (Anfield): Wednesday 10th January
    • Fulham v Liverpool (Craven Cottage): Wednesday 24th January

ChrisSSBB and Winoman repped this.
  11. FirstStar

Fulham Football Club
    Feb 1, 2005
    Time's Arrow
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, all the FFC posters are screaming "conspiracy" because they didn't draw 'Boro. Odds were against that anyway. Personally, I think the TV world would prefer one of Fulham or Boro in the finals. Gives all the Chelsea/Pool haters someone to cheer for and if either of those teams won, it would really be a big deal to the club and bring some actual legitimacy to this trophy. Big clubs keep winning it and not remotely caring that they won.

12. glutton4Bolts

glutton4Bolts Member+

United States
    Mar 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was hoping they would get Boro as well. Despite the crazy EPL match they just played I find it VERY difficult to believe that Fulham will be all that competitive in a two-legged format against Liverpool.

13. FirstStar

Fulham Football Club
    Feb 1, 2005
    Time's Arrow
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agree. It's highly likely to be a Pool/Chelsea finals and, quite frankly, most people and the clubs themselves won't care that much.

14. JWMissoula

JWMissoula Member

Jun 13, 2015
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Jedi made the Carabao Cup Team of the Round

[​IMG]

15. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As did Ream's competition at CB.

16. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    I see this as a positive development, that is Robinson playing alongside another LCB. This may get ARob out of his comfort zone, might free him up to attack even more, would vary his experience, etc.

felloveranddidanadu repped this.
  17. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Much as I hate to see it for Ream and PT, if Tosin can stay recovered from his surgery, and keeps starting and playing well while Fulham keep a solid EPL mid-table seaon going, that's good for them - and Jedi. Ream has been a rock, but the fairytale can't go on forever. I did see someplace that Tosin is out of contract in June tho. Any of the Fulham faithful know if they are trying to keep him - and if they have a chance if they do.

18. ChrisSSBB

ChrisSSBB Member+

Jun 22, 2005
    DE
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fulham have made Toisin improved offers but appears he will see out his contract and leave as a free agent. Bassey will be out for AFCON so there is need for a healthy LCB then.

freisland repped this.
  19. ChrisSSBB

ChrisSSBB Member+

Jun 22, 2005
    DE
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jedi started as Fulham lose to Burnley 0-2 despite having run of play. Jedi was subbed out in 82’. Not great Fulham losing to what was last place club when playing at home.

20. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    RunthePoint repped this.
  21. Jazzy Altidore

Jazzy Altidore Member+

Sep 2, 2009
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What’s going on with ream

22. KALM

KALM Member+

Oct 6, 2006
    Boston/Providence
    I think this is the last update we got on Ream, a little over a week ago: https://prosoccerwire.usatoday.com/2023/12/15/tim-ream-injury-news-fulham-defender-calf/

“Tim Ream is going to be out....

“Tim felt something after we played against Nottingham at home. He felt something in his calf. Let’s see. We have to keep assessing him, keep recovering him. He’s doing rehabilitation with the medical department.”

Asked for more details on Ream’s status, Silva responded: “He’s not training. It’s probably going to be early for him [to return] before Christmas.”

gomichigan24 and Jazzy Altidore repped this.
  23. gomichigan24

gomichigan24 Member+

Jul 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That’s the biggest issue with guys as they get older. They are just much more likely to get injured and the injuries take longer to recover from.

24. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    US seems to have way more young players that get injured but of course almost everyone but Ream is a young or youngish player.

25. gomichigan24

gomichigan24 Member+

Jul 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I feel like we’ve seen an uptick in injuries in general this year just given how many games people are playing. There seem to be a ton of EPL teams going through various injury crises.

I think with younger players sometimes the injuries are because you’ve never played that many minutes at a high level and haven’t learned proper recovery and what not. Some guys of course are just more injury prone.