Craven the Lifestyle: Antonee Robinson at Fulham

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by bballshawn, Nov 27, 2014.

1. Ray Shoesmith

Ray Shoesmith Member+

Valencia
    United States
    Nov 14, 2021
    Jedi has also put a lot of miles in with the Nats, minutes and travel wise. He will be gone plenty with the Nats for the rest of the year. Best time to give him a break. Bryan is like Ream. Solid and loved in the CShip. Not up to the PL.

ChicagoVT repped this.
  2. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    Robinson came on for Bryan for the second half, still at 0-0, now 0-1 Fulham (Mitrovic). Bryan had received a yellow card.

3. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    Bournemouth tied it 1-1 on a PK at 90+8' - Fulham's time-wasting proving insufficient to hold the lead. Robinson with his own YC at 75' - one of 7! awarded to Fulham.

4. Sufjan Guzan

Sufjan Guzan Member+

Feb 13, 2016
    oh I was talking about Antonee. Yeah I agree probably shopping Bryan while keeping Jedi fresh for next season knowing he has the world cup.

ChicagoVT and glutton4Bolts repped this.
  5. Dough Boy

Dough Boy Member

Sep 27, 2014
  6. AngelaMerkin

AngelaMerkin Member+

Dec 2, 2005
    now that they're promoted, it may be difficult for Fulham to hold onto Jedi. He's had some good interest from last year that seems to have all been rebuffed so Fulham could remain strong and bounce back. We shall see. For now, happy to have him back in the prem.

7. jnielsen

jnielsen Member+

May 12, 2012
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Good for him! Congratulations, Antonee and Tim and Fulham!

8. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    Robinson not in the squad today ... (Ream is the captain).

[​IMG]

Winoman and BostonRed repped this.
  9. FirstStar

FirstStar Hustlin' for the USA

Fulham Football Club
    Feb 1, 2005
    Time's Arrow
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't play Jedi . . . . lose game. FFC needs to figure that out.

glutton4Bolts and TimB4Last repped this.
  10. glutton4Bolts

glutton4Bolts Member+

United States
    Mar 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This has been bandied about in recent pages. Pretty sure that Fulham know that Jedi is their starting LB going into next season. Bryan has only gotten minutes at the end of the year when the league title was essentially no longer in doubt. Bryan is a good LB at the Championship level and he has been a solid trouper sitting the sidelines for 2 seasons now. I think Fulham are just allowing him to showcase his skills for a summer transfer. Jedi... is younger... more productive... has a higher ceiling and is under contract thru June of 2024 (whereas Bryan's ends June of 2023). I would be surprised if Bryan was even on the Fulham side next season. He is 28... which means he has spent two of his most prime years backing up a player 4 years his junior.

gjackson2207, ChicagoVT and kickin365 repped this.
  11. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    #2962 TimB4Last, May 2, 2022
    Last edited: May 2, 2022
    Not too surprisingly, (as @EXALIFTIN reported in the MNT injury thread), Robinson has a knee issue that requires surgery.

jnielsen repped this.
  12. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  13. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    May as well play today - won't have knee surgery until the summer. :confused:

14. FirstStar

FirstStar Hustlin' for the USA

Fulham Football Club
    Feb 1, 2005
    Time's Arrow
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Start Jedi = Win. 7-1 win at that.

15. glutton4Bolts

glutton4Bolts Member+

United States
    Mar 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It was 7-0. Great way to end the season. I heard he needs knee surgery this summer so I hope he sits the rest of the season. It would be better to get the surgery done sooner.

jnielsen repped this.
  16. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    Is there a doctor in the house? I'm trying to imagine a knee issue known to require post-season surgery but which carries ZERO risk of making things worse - in the same knee/leg or on the other side, as sometimes seems to happen when you 'favor' one side.

Not unimaginable, but curious. Not sure why Fulham wouldn't simply shut Robinson down and move forward with medical treatment (surgery).

Winoman repped this.
  17. HScoach13

HScoach13 Member+

Nov 30, 2016
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Not a doctor but some sort of scar tissue/loose cartilage arthroscopic clean out?

18. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    Yes, thanks, it must be something like that, but why not shut him down early, with promotion (long ago, imo) assured?

Winoman repped this.
  19. HScoach13

HScoach13 Member+

Nov 30, 2016
    Club:
    Atlanta
    I can imagine that it is to be on the field with the team in uniform when it is officially over.

20. autobus39

autobus39 Member+

Jun 28, 2006
    Scranton, PA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Robinson went the distance as Fulham lost 4-0 to Sheffield United on the final match day of the season. However, Fulham had clinched the Championship's championship with the win on Monday.

21. USA-Zebuel

USA-Zebuel Member+

Mar 26, 2013
    Club:
    Colón de Santa Fe
    Reports of a ruptured Achilles over this weekend…

Likely to miss WC

22. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    What a horrible coincidence! :(

23. Bruce S

Bruce S Member+

Sep 10, 1999
    cleaning out loose cartilage is a fairly minor arthroscopic procedure. I've had it done myself

TimB4Last repped this.
  24. felloveranddidanadu

Plymouth Argyle FC
    Dec 12, 2009
    Club:
    San Jose Frogs
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Are you confusing this with the MILES Robinson achilles injury? Just googled for Jedi and haven't found any injury report...

Winoman repped this.