Craven the Lifestyle: Antonee Robinson at Fulham

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by bballshawn, Nov 27, 2014.

1. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Winoman repped this.
  2. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    Middlesbrough 0-1 Fulham

Fulham pull still further in front - they can coast from here until the finish line.

Dervos repped this.
  3. Dervos

Dervos Member+

Mar 13, 2002
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    At this point, I think we have to consider a 1-0 win for Fulham is coasting

4. Bruce S

Bruce S Member+

Sep 10, 1999
    even 0-1

5. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
  6. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    Starts v Coventry City in today’s featured game. Ream again captain.

ChicagoVT and Winoman repped this.
  7. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  8. glutton4Bolts

glutton4Bolts Member+

United States
    Mar 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not sure why Jedi is no longer an auto starter. Fulham loses again.

9. tomásbernal

tomásbernal Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He can't play every game. They've rested him about once every 3 months. Even with their recent relatively-poor string of results, Fulham still pretty much have 1st place locked up. There's no reason to run him into the ground to ensure they win the league by 10 points instead of 5.

dark knight repped this.
  10. glutton4Bolts

glutton4Bolts Member+

United States
    Mar 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He has started one of the last 4 games. The 1st one back after the WCQ break I understand... but then 8 minutes... one start for 90 and then no minutes today.

11. ArsenalMetro

ArsenalMetro Member+

United States
    Aug 5, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Maybe Robinson has a summer move lined up and they're preparing for a future without him.

Gonna dream that into reality.

ChicagoVT, usnroach and glutton4Bolts repped this.
  12. tomásbernal

tomásbernal Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I saw that . Still, barring catastrophe, Fulham will finish in 1st. Again, there's no reason to run him into the ground to ensure they win the league by 10 points instead of 5. It's more likely that they are resting him than him being out of favor, which seems to be your view (but correct me if that's not the case).

Deeneaus repped this.
  13. glutton4Bolts

glutton4Bolts Member+

United States
    Mar 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have no clue as to why he hasn’t been playing as much since returning from WCQ. Being out of favor would be surprising to me since he has played so well this year. Perhaps he came back from WCQ with a knock or was just exhausted from playing so much.?.? I honestly don’t know the answer which is why I raised the question. At any rate, Fulham is a lot better with him in there and I thought it a bit of a bummer he wasn’t out there to play in the game that could have clinched promotion. Well that didn’t go as planned. Expecting to see him back in the 11 in the next game to help Fulham get it over the line.

tomásbernal repped this.
  14. Jazzy Altidore

Jazzy Altidore Member+

Sep 2, 2009
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They got the league wrapped up, why not spread the minutes around? Jedi played a ton of minutes this year with all the travel and WCQs.

jnielsen, Deeneaus and glutton4Bolts repped this.
  15. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    TimB4Last repped this.
  16. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    Robinson's exclusion is a bit odd, to say the least, though irrelevant to PL promotion, which is a certainty.

17. nthemsum

nthemsum Member

Jan 14, 2006
    boise,id
    Could be boosting the other guys profilegiving him playing time to shop him around. My only guess.

jnielsen repped this.
  18. JWMissoula

JWMissoula Member

Jun 13, 2015
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Joe Bryan is a quality left back who was at Fulham two years before Jedi and played a key role in enabling their promotion two years ago. Jedi displaced him early last season and has started the vast majority of games since then. Bryan has spent a lot of time on the bench these past two years, which has been unfortunate for him. I don't know for sure, obviously, but I suspect this is an opportunity for Silva to give Bryan (who to my knowledge has not complained about being displaced) some substantial playing time now that promotion is effectively locked up. I suspect that the high number of minutes that Jedi has played this past year--both for Fulham and the USMNT--also plays a role. Don't risk injury. Give him some rest and give Joe Bryan some minutes. Works for everyone except us USMNT fans, who want to see our players play. I don't think Fulham will sell Jedi over the summer and when the EPL season starts in August he will be the lock starter.

ChicagoVT, quolo, dark knight and 7 others repped this.
  19. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    Still, it would be nice if Robinson was on the field when Fulham clinch promotion - a few minutes from now.

20. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    Don't tell me I've been demoted when we've just been promoted!

[​IMG]

ChicagoVT, Winoman and glennaldo_sf repped this.
  21. nthemsum

nthemsum Member

Jan 14, 2006
    boise,id
    There’s one of our starters in the prem for next season. Now if things go to my yank fanboy plan; Bournemouth gets promoted and brings on Carter-Vickers and West Brom and Dike somehow finds a way into the playoff and wins it. Sorry Forest, we can’t have our top three goal keepers all on the bench in the Premiership.

22. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ChicagoVT and Winoman repped this.
  23. Sufjan Guzan

Sufjan Guzan Member+

Feb 13, 2016
    I doubt they deal him.

Fulham is poised to take advantage of the economic situation morseo than maybe any club in the world. They already spent big with players on loan during the first pandemic season and have retained more talent. There will be less of an overhaul this time around and Khan will spend as much as allowed as usual, but with the market he should be able to get much more value than years past.

I fully expect Fulham to beat the drop this year and finally regain it's Premier club status.

I don't see them giving up a solid LB about to enter his prime.

ChicagoVT and FirstStar repped this.
  24. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    Still on the bench ... (Ream starting)

[​IMG]

25. glutton4Bolts

glutton4Bolts Member+

United States
    Mar 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I dunno. His contract expires at the end of 2023 and I am sure he has not been happy backing up Jedi during the prime years of his career. The more I think about the situation the more I feel like Fulham are giving Bryan this chance to market himself. He may be a decent player but Jedi is noticeably better IMO.

ChicagoVT and Ray Shoesmith repped this.