Covid-19: Vax Americana

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by Yoshou, Apr 8, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NORML

NORML Member+

Aug 9, 2002
    Lake Wobegon, MN
    Club:
    NSC Minnesota Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anti-Feline media at it again. Blaming cats as lazy just hanging out in Zoos. While Canine are all about putting dogs in harms way to protect humans from Covid.

It'll be interesting to see how the vaccine in the animals go.

2. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

3. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    While America slept, Florida quietly dropped about 1,500 COVID deaths into the hopper last night. They won't show up on either yesterday's or today's daily count, which makes Florida (to my knowledge) the only state to arrange its reporting so that it successfully avoids appear on such lists, but they do land in the overall body count.

Florida is now #12 on the official state per-capita death list and will move into the #10 slot in a few days when it next drops some bodies. It ranked 27th as recently as July.*

* Actually, it's already within the Top 5 for true COVID death count, derived by looking at excess deaths, because DeSantis and Florida officials understate the number of COVID deaths. But you already knew that; of course a Trump devotee won't give you the straight, honest numbers.

Mike03, charlie15, dapip and 3 others repped this.
  4. American Brummie

Jun 19, 2009
    There Be Dragons Here
    Club:
    Birmingham City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm going to bet that Florida ends up #2 or #3 for excess mortality rate, behind CA and TX and just ahead of NY, when this is all said and done.

5. Yoshou

Yoshou Fan of the CCL Champ

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Total? Because FL is already higher than CA on per 100,000.

charlie15 repped this.
  6. American Brummie

Jun 19, 2009
    There Be Dragons Here
    Club:
    Birmingham City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fair enough. My point was that the end result was likely to be something very similar to population. Florida will "punch above its weight" because of its elderly population, good point.

7. Yoshou

Yoshou Fan of the CCL Champ

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Based on the 3-4 week delay in FL’s numbers, I wouldn’t be shocked if they passed NY already. According to worldometer they are only 5k behind NY. It appears they are on the tail end of the Delta wave, but they seem to be a little over 1k deaths a week above NY’s numbers.. Which is pretty amazing considering they are on opposite sides of the spectrum with how they count covid deaths.. If FL had NY’s rules they’d likely be giving CA a run for their money…

8. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    Cats are the devil’s creatures.

9. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    #7659 usscouse, Sep 18, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2021
    The latest 7 day average of Covid death is 1,900 PD. Most all of those, except for a few with underlying conditions would be antivaxers. So this columnist may have trouble collecting. At least they won’t be voting for Trump again.

“On Friday, writing for Al.com, Alabama columnist Frances Coleman proclaimed he was "mad as hell" at anti-vaxxers — and tried to financially quantify the damage they've done to America that they should be made to pay back to society.

"The Kaiser Family Foundation recently studied three months of data from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, and concluded that 'preventable Covid-19 hospitalizations' have cost the health care system an estimated $5.7 billion.”

https://www.rawstory.com/anti-vaxxer-hospitalized/

Val1 and Cascarino's Pizzeria repped this.
  10. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Not in my house. The hierarchy based on affection/annoyance factor, really the only way to judge pets, goes like this:

Cat is the clear #1. Does her own thing most of the day & comes by at night to be petted.

Mini poodle #2. Very cute & just slightly annoying. Barks a lot at mailman, Fedex & UPS trucks.

Springer spaniel #3. A food hawk and up in your business at every opportunity. But still friendly and eager to please.

luftmensch, roby and usscouse repped this.
  11. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    Oh my, how I hate these people. I respect people like my mother who was quietly secure in her religion. When she’d visit I always tried to find a suitable church for her on Sundays. Made a mistake once with a large church, she had trouble with the arm waving, overly loud speaker system and the new guitar hymns
    But did I mention how I hate the Kristi Noems of the world regardless of the religion.

“South Dakota's Republican Governor Kristi Noem refuses to mandate masks for schoolchildren and teachers but she's trying to make students pray in public. Gov. Noem, who is widely expected to run for president in 2024, has let the coronavirus run rampant in her state of just 886,667 people – a population so small New York City is ten times larger. And yet coronavirus is running rampant in South Dakota, which ranks number eight in the nation for coronavirus cases per capita.

Governor Noem just made clear she does not see herself as a government or political leader, but as a religious one.”

charlie15 and roby repped this.
  12. Paul Berry

Paul Berry Member+

Notts County and NYCFC
    United States
    Apr 18, 2015
    Nr Kingston NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My pets have created their own hierarchy:

#1 female Maine coon
    #2 male pit-bull
    #3 male Maine coon
    #4 pot-bellied pig

luftmensch and Mike03 repped this.
  13. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    I just have Ringo. Happy as hell, rarely barks unless he gets excited about a walk. I’ve never heard him growl, want to be everyone’s friend on his walks. His eating habits are ones of a dog who was on the road and hungry a lot. I don’t have him on a leash he knows me and abides by our rules.
    Oops, he says time for his morning beach walk. But it’s raining. First rain on the Oregon Coast since spring. That’s quite a thing.

Ismitje, Naughtius Maximus and dapip repped this.
  14. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    I’d keep the pig!

xtomx repped this.
  15. Isnot part of it related to Florida being the USA retirement home, so they always were destined to outstrip other states?

16. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    #7666 usscouse, Sep 18, 2021
    Texas and Florida represent 1/3 of all Covid cases and deaths in the US due to the most excellent leadership from the top. Both these leaders are now blaming Biden, Of Course, claiming the he personally is holding up the vaccines that they called unnecessary just a couple of days ago.

We don’t need no stinking vaccines!

xtomx repped this.
  17. https://www.zeelandnet.nl/nieuws/sobere-herdenking-luchtlandingen-op-ginkelse-heide
    [​IMG]

https://www.zeelandnet.nl/nieuws/airborne-luchtlandingen-op-ginkelse-heide-bij-ede
    [​IMG]

Airborne Luchtlandingen op Ginkelse Heide bij Ede
    EDE (ANP) - Parachutisten springen zaterdag uit deels historische vliegtuigen om het begin van de Slag om Arnhem in september 1944 te herdenken. Tijdens de Airborne Herdenking op de Ginkelse Heide bij Ede worden de helden van Operatie Market Garden geëerd. Het programma duurt van 09.00 uur tot 15.00 uur.

ANP in Binnenland • 18 september 2021 - 03:38

usscouse repped this.
  18. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    What I'll answer to that is: sympathy for the devil. :p

usscouse repped this.
  19. #7669 feyenoordsoccerfan, Sep 18, 2021

usscouse repped this.
  20. diablodelsol

diablodelsol Member+

Jan 10, 2001
    New Jersey
    Me too.

usscouse repped this.
  21. Paul Berry

Paul Berry Member+

Notts County and NYCFC
    United States
    Apr 18, 2015
    Nr Kingston NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    May happen when the Proud Boys take over.

usscouse repped this.
  22. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  23. Paul Berry

Paul Berry Member+

Notts County and NYCFC
    United States
    Apr 18, 2015
    Nr Kingston NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd like to see the stats since the vaccines became widely available.

24. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    thanks for that. I haven’t got to my Facebook page yet.
    Years back I visited the cemeteries at Oosterbeck ?
    And Arnhem. Missed out on a chance to parachute in a few years back. We were moving house.

25. roby

roby Member+

SIRLOIN SALOON FC, PITTSFIELD MA
    Feb 27, 2005
    So Cal
    Yum! :ninja: