Alert: Covid-19 and our favorite team

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by TyffaneeSue, Mar 11, 2020.

1. bsman

bsman Member+

May 30, 2001
    MadCity
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Changing topic to avoid answering my inquiry. Classic Falvo. I was referring to Trump.

FYI, I am Jewish and my parents had two family members left in Europe out of dozens after WWII, so take your pity party elsewhere.

DotMPP, SoccerMan94043 and TyffaneeSue repped this.
  2. TyffaneeSue

TyffaneeSue moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 15, 2003
    Upstairs
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    At least some people were able to escape the original Mussolini and head for safer ground. Thanks to the mango mussolini's mismanagement of Covid, that's not possible for us.

DotMPP repped this.
  3. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    My family (mom dad and grandparents) are all here because of Mussolini and WW2 and I endured personal hardships because of him. If you want to talk about politics, take it off the board or stick to the topic and don't post about Mussolini again!

4. Earthshaker

Earthshaker BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 12, 2005
    The hills above town
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Careful, bsman, we know where this is headed!
    [​IMG]

DotMPP, SeaJayBee, TyffaneeSue and 3 others repped this.
  5. Earthshaker

Sep 12, 2005
    The hills above town
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    mjlee22 repped this.
  6. bsman

bsman Member+

May 30, 2001
    MadCity
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
  7. SoccerMan94043

SoccerMan94043 Member+

May 29, 2003
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think the Ultras better get on a "we'll cough on you" song.

DotMPP repped this.
  8. Tifoso

Tifoso Moderator
    Staff Member

Juventus
    Italy
    Feb 24, 2007
    northern California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    To call an Italian a Mussolini because of common ethnicity is a tad over the top.

NB: I am not a mod in here. :)

9. Smurfquake

Smurfquake Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2000
    San Carlos, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nobody called anybody a Mussolini. The term is "mango mussolini" and refers to Trump - orange skinned (mango), wannabe fascist (Mussolini). Science denying, fake news posting, conspiracy theorist, professional victim, etc - it's easier to type "mango mussolini" than to type out all of that stuff.

Normally politics is not allowed on team forums because it causes hurt feelings, but a subset of posters insisted that they should be allowed to post about politics (because freedom, apparently, although the only freedom that we are experiencing in this country right now is the freedom to die of COVID-19, while people in other countries can send their kids to school and go out to restaurants and bars), and then they got ripped for their bad and wrong opinions, and sure enough, their feelings are hurt and they're complaining about it. The solution is, don't post in this thread if you can't handle criticism of your bad and wrong opinions.

DotMPP and TyffaneeSue repped this.
  10. SalinasQuakesFan

Mar 27, 2010
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    I for one never thought I would be "defending" Falvo. however just because someone has opinions that differ form yours does not mean they are "wrong" or "bad". The are just what they are..different.

SeaJayBee repped this.
  11. Smurfquake

Smurfquake Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2000
    San Carlos, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The "opinion" that Herman Cain died of cancer instead of COVID is, in fact, wrong and bad. It is based on misinformation published on right wing web sites with no basis in reality. If someone posts like that, they should expect to be criticized for it. We don't need to find some middle ground between reality and bullshit - people who post things that are disassociated from reality should expect to have it pointed out to them that they're posting bullshit.

12. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #3462 falvo, Aug 3, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2020
    That has nothing to do with it. You and no one else , for that matter has any idea what Herman Cain went through and the guy has been sick with stage 4 cancer for 16 years and that’s a fact. Its a miracle he lived this long. To think or suggest he died solely because of Trumps rally or coronavirus is ludicrous and propaganda at best.

Again, although I don’t believe it helped but I still don't think he died only because of Covid. You don't get better with age when you have cancer, years of prescription medicines , chemotherapy , a terrible immune system and are almost 75 years of age. His cancer is in fact well documented and has been known long before corona was ever thought or heard of. If anything , to believe he died solely of Covid is in fact a total lie.

13. Smurfquake

Smurfquake Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2000
    San Carlos, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, he was so sick with cancer that he ran for President in 2012, travelled all over the country giving speeches and campaigning for his party, all while dying of cancer over a 16 year period.

His cancer was in remission. (Source, reported in 2011 during the 2012 Presidential campaign.) Quote from that article: "I am now totally, 100 percent, cancer-free." Was he lying when he said that?

Cain was not ill with cancer at any point since then. He was hospitalized within the last two months with respiratory symptoms that are completely consistent with COVID-19. This was less than a month after being photographed at several events with no mask where many others had tested positive for COVID-19. But because it's politically inconvenient to believe that this deadly virus can strike prominent political figures, misinformation spread quickly that he didn't die of COVID-19, and you bought into it.

More links for you to dispute based on what's on your facebook feed.

https://www.politifact.com/factchec...k-posts/herman-cain-died-covid-19-not-cancer/
    https://www.factcheck.org/2020/07/herman-cain-died-of-covid-19-not-cancer/
    https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/20200730/herman-cain-dies-of-covid19

Please work on your critical thinking skills.

DotMPP, QuakeAttack, TyffaneeSue and 2 others repped this.
  14. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #3464 falvo, Aug 3, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2020
    He was a lot younger at 66 years old 8-9 years ago, not almost 75.

When my dad was dying and died at 76 years of age and I brought up his health (which was pretty bad) 8-10 years earlier, every doctor gave me the same diagnosis about age and medical history. I wish the doctors will have told me something different.

No one ever told me he was going to get better with age and they all said he will have gotten worse especially because he was so sick to begin with. You don’t have to be a physician to know that. At the end they said because of what he went though , his health was that of a 96 year old.

15. mjlee22

mjlee22 Quake & Landon fan

Nov 24, 2003
    near Palo Alto, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Falvo, sorry to pile on, but if the press release says he died of COVID-19, then that’s what he died of. And as I’m sure you must know, the cause of death is determined either by Cain’s physician or the coroner.

It doesn’t matter what his underlying conditions were. It’s just like if a man is obese but he dies of COVID, they don’t say, he would have died of obesity if he could have just lived a little longer.

DotMPP, bsman, TyffaneeSue and 1 other person repped this.
  16. tvromero

tvromero Member

Jun 2, 2018
    I guess Covid-19 does not just take useless old people like some want us to believe. Not that I agree with his pursuits but he certainly seemed very functional at 74.

TyffaneeSue repped this.
  17. Earthshaker

Sep 12, 2005
    The hills above town
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #3467 Earthshaker, Aug 4, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2020
    And being willing to attend the president's rally in Tulsa, one could say he was feeling downright invincible. ;)

mjlee22 and TyffaneeSue repped this.
  18. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    That is my point and the media says a lot of things scaring everyone , exaggerating and blowing everything up. I just don't believe Coivd is the only cause of all these deaths.

Again , if you go back and read my initial post , Covid was not the only reason Cain died but it contributed to an already sick human being. So if anything because of his prior illness , the Covid was the clincher but the media won't talk about that other stuff.

Juventus forward Paolo Dybala had it too but then got better because he is a 26 year old professional athlete and is doing fine and even came back to score 4-5 goals. No one talks about how he got better though but they focus on all the deaths not on the healthy.

Also, no one talks about how Governor Cuomo sent all the elderly back into the rest home and they all died. If you listen to the press, he was or is given a pass and deemed a hero. All of those people are included in the death count as well. Of course age and prior illness , medical history along with Covid contributed to Cain’s death. John Glenn’s wife Annie was 100 years old and three months in May and they said she died of Covid. She wasn’t a Bobby soxer or going to live that much longer after she turned 100. I mean that is a scientific fact and you don't have to be a doctor or nurse to figure that out.

19. Earthshaker

Sep 12, 2005
    The hills above town
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good grief. You better hope that being obtuse is not a comorbidity associated with the virus, or your days are numbered. :rolleyes:

DotMPP, tectonicnight, mjlee22 and 2 others repped this.
  20. bsman

bsman Member+

May 30, 2001
    MadCity
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
  21. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Typical no sense comeback argumentative posts.

22. bsman

bsman Member+

May 30, 2001
    MadCity
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    This from the king of "whataboutism", non sequitur responses, and general logical ********ery, not to mention a total inability to ever let anyone else have the last word? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

What a baby...

DotMPP and SoccerMan94043 repped this.
  23. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #3473 falvo, Aug 4, 2020
    Resorting to attacking , name calling and posting dumb pics calling others babies. How typical....

If you have a problem with my posts, you are welcome to either take it off the board , report or ignore my posts.

24. bsman

bsman Member+

May 30, 2001
    MadCity
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes

I don't report posts - that's a wuss thing to do. I am merely pointing out your well-documented use of almost every logical fallacy in existence as a way to extend an argument when you clearly have no actual leg on which to stand...

25. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #3475 falvo, Aug 4, 2020
    So you resort to arguing , name calling and posting meaningless pics online without debating.
    How classy!