Courage vs Power [R]

Discussion in 'NWSL' started by BrandiC63, Aug 7, 2002.

1. BrandiC63

BrandiC63 New Member

Apr 8, 2000
    Piscataway, NJ
    Welllllllll lets hope our girls can stop the twin tours from scoring, and the Norweign midfielder from distributing to them. They had a cute and good practice yesterday so lets see how it goes.

Linda Ormen is out for the rest of the season(quoted by her)so I think either Rachel Hoffman or Bonnie Young may be activated soon.

All of those who are going, enjoy because I probably wont be there for certain f'in reasons. But anyway..

Lets go ladies!!!!

2. Heeligan2

Heeligan2 Member

Jan 27, 2001
    Earthaven, NC
    anybody watching this on TV? As of half time you have stopped us from scring and have had 8 shots.

3. Klee

Klee Member

Feb 24, 2001
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Halftime questions

Any of you who are watching this on TV:

Why was Unni subbed out in the first half?

Is Staci Wilson playing like a maniac?

What's happened to our offense?

4. Klee

Klee Member

Feb 24, 2001
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Previous quesions

When I said "our offense" in the post above, I meant the Carolina offense. You know, Prinz, Fotop, Hege Riise, those guys. Sorry for any confusion. I forgot where I was.

5. Heeligan2

Heeligan2 Member

Jan 27, 2001
    Earthaven, NC
    anyone got a score on this? The matchtracker stopped working.

6. Oddball#34

Oddball#34 New Member

Mar 6, 2002
    Apex, NC
    darn match-tracker

Mine is gone also

7. Klee

Klee Member

Feb 24, 2001
    Chapel Hill, NC
    David posted on the Courage board that Carolina had taken a 2-0 lead. That's all I know.

8. Klee

Klee Member

Feb 24, 2001
    Chapel Hill, NC
    It's over

Any Power fans checking this thread? Carolina won, 2-1.

9. magiclamp

magiclamp New Member

Jan 2, 2000
    New Yawk
    Yeah, I was there. It was a really good game - until they scored twice on us. grrrrrrrrrr...... Emily Janss got robbed of a goal a second time this season by a lousy offside call. Then Ronnie Fair sent a rocket over an open net. Millie sent a few rockets as well and we just couldn't finish. Until Pearman at least got us on the board a couple of minutes before the end. We had done really well shutting down "man-woman" (sorry, I just find that so funny - Fear and his smart ass remarks) and Fotop until that point. It was great seeing Gao in goal too. One goal was a defensive flub by Whelchel (I think) and the second, was off lousy clearing - they just kind of tapped it up a few yards at a time and they just swooped in and got it. I think it might have even been kicked towards a Courage player.

I was **hoping** we'd whup some Carolina a$$, but that was not to be. sigh....

Norma

10. shmigle08

shmigle08 New Member

Nov 6, 2000
    NC
    What did I miss? Why is she out?

11. One_Ahead

One_Ahead New Member

How was the interaction with the MetroStar fans that came for the USOC match?

12. BhoysFC1995

BhoysFC1995 New Member

Nov 30, 1999
    NYC
    good question, i'd like to know myself. i planned on going but i had a game last night.

13. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    Re: Re: Courage vs Power [R]

From my WUSA Insider newsletter:

14. PSUdude

PSUdude New Member

Dec 15, 1998
    Elmhurst, Queens, NY
    Being a visiting Metro supporter (sat in 122 with the ESC), I noticed this:

you guys play too much jock rock!!!! every dead ball you hear that crap!!! We were tyrying to start some songs, but the music was so loud we stopped trying!!!

you announcer sounds like a WBLI reject that may announce at strip clubs on the side...

no offence, but you also have too many minor-league inspired gimmics...not cool

other than that Mitchell field is the anti-Giants stadium-security was nice to us, and the prices weren't bad, especially for beer,

15. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
  16. Brownswan

Brownswan New Member

Jun 30, 1999
    Port St. Lucie, FL
    We got off a lot of songs and chants for Metro during the 2nd match. It turned a lot of heads, too. I think the regulars at Mitchel got a kick out of it.

We also kept it clean compared to The Swamp Sernades. No vaseline, if you know what I mean. :)