Courage at Boston 8/6 [R]

Discussion in 'NWSL' started by Heeligan2, Aug 6, 2003.

1. Heeligan2

Heeligan2 Member

Jan 27, 2001
    Earthaven, NC
    This game will not be on TV. It is at 7 p.m.

2. auburn89

auburn89 New Member

Jul 27, 2003
    Cary, NC
    The game is suppose to be shown on NESN at 11:30pm tonight, but that doesn't really help those of us in the Triangle with cable. I sent an e-mail to Time Warner to see if they could pickup the feed and show it on Channel 24, but I never got a response.

I guess the game tracker on the WUSA web site is the only was to "watch" it.

3. Heeligan2

Heeligan2 Member

Jan 27, 2001
    Earthaven, NC
    We lost again :(
    Boston 1, Carolina 0
    Time to start thinking about who we'll pick in next year's draft

4. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    I watched the game on NESN. It started at 11pm.

We never were really in the game.

Oh well.

That just means that Sunday's game will likely feature players from the far end of the bench from both teams. The handful of national teamers (Fair, Prinz, Lehn, Roberts,...) won't want to risk injury so close to the World Cup - and Krikorian and Entlich will want to at least take a look at some of the more marginal players with an eye towards rebuilding. I'm sure we'll see some of the stars, but I wouldn't be surprised to see both teams use all five substitutes available.

Could this Saturday be Carla's final game?

5. nsa

nsa Member+

New England Revolution
    United States
    Feb 22, 1999
    Notboston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would disagree. Yes, Boston controlled the first half, but the most dangerous shots were taken by Carolina. I thought that Carolina looked the better of the two teams in the second half. The Breakers were slow to react and the pounding from Prinz, Burt, and Roberts had some Boston players sitting back a bit. Boston responded a bit when MF replaced Hawkins who had run out of gas.

Lilly made a great stop on the goal line in the 66th minute.

When Popper came on for Steph in the 84th minute (a fact not shown in the WUSA stats) Boston turned up the intensity another notch. Still, Prinz had a 90+ minute blast that LeBlanc could only parry. Fortunately (for Boston), Aldama was there to clear away the rebound.

6. Heeligan2

Heeligan2 Member

Jan 27, 2001
    Earthaven, NC