Could this be the moment?

Discussion in 'Colorado Rapids' started by GoRapids, Oct 8, 2010.

1. 30Something

30Something Member

Jun 3, 2004
    5280 Feet
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can't wait to see who they replace him with. Hopefully somebody that has a background in running a succesful sports organization, as opposed to a succesful ticket counter. No offense Paul.

Hey Stan...any good people at Arsenal?

2. Bonji

Bonji Moderator

Feb 4, 2003
    Denver, Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I pray someone who gives a crap about soccer gets the job. Pray!

3. Centennial

Centennial Member+

Apr 4, 2003
    Centennial
    You may be hoping for too much there.:eek:

4. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd be happy with somebody who sees the value in spending more to make more.

5. snowboarder

snowboarder Member

Jun 22, 2007
    I have zero confidence in KSE replacing Andrews with a soccer minded person.

I would even bet that Stan lets Jeff Plush fill in the role and give him both hats to wear around DSGP.

Is Stan going to go to one of his other teams and ask/tell one of them that they are now going to be working the soccer side of the organization?

I imagine it would be one of those "don't everyone raise their hands at once" kind of meeting.

There is a glimpse into what Stan is capable of doing if you just look at the Nuggets back in August 2010 and the signing of Masai Ujiri. Masai was basically a scout his entire career and then out of nowhere he's an Executive Vice President.

6. commercecity

commercecity Member

Oct 8, 2007
    Commerce City, CO
    Maybe Andrews didn't like his new boss? Did he have to answer to Josh K? Just guessing.

I agree the new guy will come from within. The Avs have hired young, inexperienced KSE guys for GM (Giguere, then Sherman). Even Gary Smith and Joe Sacco as coaches (mixing sports here) have been conservative, cheap, in-house hires.

Extrapolating from Andrews' bio, it's conceivable that the person inside Edson's suit could someday be an Executive VP if they stick with it.

7. 30Something

30Something Member

Jun 3, 2004
    5280 Feet
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Since Josh is now the owner of the Nuggets and Avs (and Pepsi Center???), while papa still owns the Rapids, Rams and (part of) Arsenal, does anyone know what the structure of KSE looks like now?

Do the Avs/Nuggets still share any executive oversight with the rest of the KSE empire?

I'm guessing Andrews' departure is a result of a reduction in his span of control.

8. commercecity

commercecity Member

Oct 8, 2007
    Commerce City, CO
    At the risk of giving the impression that I care at all about KSE's corporate structure, I offer this puzzle piece I saw in today's Post:

http://www.denverpost.com/business/ci_16293028

Maybe The Dick will get a new neighbor out of this?