Could someone post the map of london teams?

Discussion in 'Premier League: News and Analysis' started by qqkz1000, Oct 26, 2004.

1. qqkz1000

qqkz1000 New Member

Aug 4, 2004
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Club:
    Aberdeen FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  2. Wide Boy

Wide Boy New Member

Aug 23, 2002
    London
    It looks like UCL - correct?

If so, you are pretty close to all the main clubs. The closest Premiership team will be Arsenal, but getting tickets for league games there is very difficult just now.

UCL students union has really good football pitches on its sports field at Shenley, just north of London. "In my day" (*cough*) they were used by both Arsenal and England for training. Nowadays, I think that it's just Watford that use them.

3. royalstilton

royalstilton Member

Aug 2, 2004
    SoCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ---
    There is a moderately priced Italian restaurant in Tottenham Court Road, near Goodge Street, if I recall correctly. I stayed at the Ibis next to Euston Sta. a couple years ago and found the restaurant by chance. It's on the right side of the street as you walk toward the river, in the middle of a block.

I wish I could remember the name.

OK, just forget about it. Sorry I mentioned it. ;)

4. Bill Schmidt

Bill Schmidt BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 3, 2003
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow! That's four blocks from where I lived when I studied there. Go back to that map, go southeast, across Tottenham Court Road, move north from Goodge Street Underground station, then left on Chitty Street (where I lived) to Charlotte Street. There is a cafe there called Italia Uno. Italian immigrants run it and Italian customers eat dinner there. All the people who work nearby eat lunch there. There is an underground (literally) soccer on TV heaven in the basement. You can watch regular games on the first floor for free, but for big match nights, you can watch a handful of games at once on different TVs, on different satellite systems in the basement for a fee that includes food and drink.

5. prk166

prk166 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    You could use mapquest.com or MSN's ol' Mapblast.com along with Rough Guides European Football guide to look up where you'll be relative to other clubs.

Also, I wouldn't let a club being in London. There are plenty of clubs you could go to with grounds you can reach with a couple hours on the train.

6. Captain Splarg

Apr 25, 1999
    Pacific Grove, CA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Like all of them :)

Newcastle by train is around 3 hours from London

7. qqkz1000

qqkz1000 New Member

Aug 4, 2004
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Club:
    Aberdeen FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I'm going to try to get up to Leeds at least once for a match as they are my favorite team, but also would like to see some local teams as well, maybe Fulham or Millwall or something.

8. royalstilton

royalstilton Member

Aug 2, 2004
    SoCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ---
    how long are you going to be at UCL? i'd hold off as long as i could to go up to Leeds. eventually they will be giving away a free toaster with 2 ticket purchase.

they tell me Craven Cottage is a good place to see a match. too bad Fulham is cabbage.

9. Captain Splarg

Apr 25, 1999
    Pacific Grove, CA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I live in London and am a Leeds season ticket holder, so i'd be able to help you find a way to get up there and get tickets and such.

10. prk166

prk166 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    I was thinking round trip. :)

Nice of you to put that offer out, too.

11. qqkz1000

qqkz1000 New Member

Aug 4, 2004
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Club:
    Aberdeen FC