Could Northwest Arkansas Support a MLS team?

Discussion in 'MLS: Expansion' started by Ilovecolombia redded, Oct 21, 2004.

1. seadonkey

seadonkey Member

Aug 1, 2000
    Dallas
    oh great! a "serious" reply!!!

2. swedcrip34

swedcrip34 New Member

Mar 17, 2004
    "almost anywhere"

I think MLS has to have a limit regardless of investor/SSS. Right now NW AR may be that limit. Keep growing and maybe someday.

3. rogers has an adult arkansas soccer league

56 teams

967 participants

springdale also has one thats about 47 teams with 760 participants i think we can easily support a team

4. seadonkey

seadonkey Member

Aug 1, 2000
    Dallas
    oh i absolutely agree with you!!! there is no other "proof" you need to be able to support an MLS expansion team other than your state has an adult soccer league! i'm sold!

5. enought players to draft into the team but really i dont care what you think leave now or ill call my mod friends and have the slap you silly

6. Throwins

Throwins Member

Feb 27, 2001
    Around the Puget Sound
    back to an earlier post: how about Deliverance FC

7. seadonkey

seadonkey Member

Aug 1, 2000
    Dallas
    i thought DELIVERANCE took place in georgia?

8. RevFan

RevFan Member

New England Revolution
    United States
    Jan 1, 1999
    East Lyme, CT
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This may be the saddest thread ever, almost as stupid as "play Mexico in Alaska". But at least this is original. Retarded but original.

9. DixieDean

DixieDean New Member

Jun 4, 2004
    Nassau, Bahamas
    This may sound odd and maybe I'm wrong, but I have a feeling that ilovecolombia's location isn't really Leticia, Colombia...I could be wrong though. :D

MOVE HILLBILLY FC

10. seadonkey

seadonkey Member

Aug 1, 2000
    Dallas
    not only is it original, but i believe ilovecolumbia may just have "a beautiful mind"

11. goyoureddevils

Dec 17, 2002
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    They could probably get manufactured housing to sponsor the team..... call the stadium - DOUBLE WIDE FIELD.

12. colombia10

colombia10 Red Card

Mar 30, 2012
    I was a god damned prophet you ********s. :D

13. RedRover

RedRover BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 15, 2007
    Fixed for accuracy.

14. Nacional Tijuana

Nacional Tijuana St. Louis City

St. Louis City SC
    May 6, 2003
    San Diego, Calif.
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Universitario de Arkansas. We already have Real, Sporting, United...no Universitario.

[​IMG]

15. J_Dub

J_Dub Member

Everton FC
    United States
    Nov 19, 2008
    Central Arkansas
    Holy crap..this thread is funny...

First and foremost..no the Northwest section of Arkansas could not support a MLS franchise. It couldn't support a USL or NASL franchise either. Fact of the matter is that while there maybe a Hispanic population sizable enough to support one of the D2 franchises there, it just wouldn't garner the support. Now if say FC Dallas (5 hour drive) or SKC (3.5 hour drive) put a PDL team there and picked up local talent as a farm league (not sure if that is legal in the MLS structure), I'm sure that could do okay if the proper management was involved. But there is nowhere the population needed to support a MLS team anywhere in Arkansas. Even the Little Rock Area which is considerably larger than the NWA area is not really big enough to support even a NASL/USL team.

16. seadonkey

seadonkey Member

Aug 1, 2000
    Dallas
    Ah, nearly eight years later I am back on this legendary thread. My Hillbilly FC Championship prediction never became a reality. So sad in many ways....